SportsWrath

Best game ?

DanishGiant

i´ve only been to a lot of good soccer games but nothing beats the one Giants game i´ve been too, NY in december is amazing. i got to good tickets to home game against the chiefs on the 17th, my xgf and i went to the tailgaiting 3 hours before kickoff, lots of fans tailgaiting in the parking lot, footballs flying in every direction, cold beer and very friendly people.

post-2884-0-60868200-1335866489_thumb.jpg

post-2884-0-87277400-1335866541_thumb.jpg

We got into to the stadium early so i got to see Eli and the others warming up.

post-2884-0-39935100-1335866642_thumb.jpg

post-2884-0-17893700-1335866777_thumb.jpg

The game was a close one where Chiefs Larry Johnson was a constant pain to the injured Giants defence, Eli had a horrible day throwing a cuple of ducks and an ugly INT, but luckily Tiki had a career day rushing for 220 yards ( Giants record at the time) and 2 tds one of the tds was a 40 yards run where the broke 7-8 tackles on he´s way for the score, its was out of this world the stands went nuts. Tiki´s running secured a 27-17 victory. i remember the crowed chanting mvp mvp mvp towards Tiki (i loved the guy back then) at the end of the game. a great great day one of the best in my life.

post-2884-0-69928000-1335867669_thumb.jpg

post-2884-0-61763800-1335867687_thumb.jpg

what´s the best game you guys ever been too ?

First game I ever went to was Giants-Eagles in old Vet's Stadium...Giants won...got called every name in the book on the way out of that stadium...was December 27th, 1998 I believe. Was 18 years old, froze my ass off, but remember it like it was yesterday.

The best game I ever went to was the Giants-Carolina game just a year or two ago when the Giants opened the new stadium. It was the first regular season game in the new stadium. As our seats were all of 25 rows from the field in the lower section behind the end zone, the best seats I've ever had by far, and the fact that it was a new stadium, and the fact that we were tailgating all day as opposed to just coming in for the game...it was the best by a long shot.

The only other two games I've been to were a Giants-Dallas game and the Giants-Cardinals game when Kurt Warner came back to play against us after playing for us. I've never witnessed, in person, a Giants loss.

There were some really amazing ones I've been to. As a kid I went to see the 86 Giants against the Broncos in the regular season... I still remember George Martin intercepting Elway and tossing him out of the way en route to a pick-6. Lawrence Taylor tackled him at the end of the run and (of course) got flagged for an unnecessary roughness penalty.

I also saw Eli's first big comeback in his sophomore season... also against the Broncos. I remember from inside the ten at my end of the field, Barber picked up the blitz and just stoned the linebacker cold, Eli found Toomer in the end zone and that was it. The place went apeshit.

I was also at the NFC championship vs the Vikings on the Super Bowl year. I remember the Vikings' second series, Culpepper through a long pass towards Moss who was covered by Emanuel Mc Daniel... Moss got the wind knocked out of him and from that point on it was obvious he wasn't really into playing. The Giants just clobbered the Vikes 41-0, and this was the best offense the NFL had ever seen; I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming.

I am ashamed to admit that I've never been to a Giants game... but I went with my dad to training camp a couple times when I was too young to appreciate it. Even so, I still remember seeing LT, Phil Simms, and especially Joe Morris because he was my favorite player.

I was about five years old, but even then I could tell that LT was dogging it out there. My dad, still the hardest working man I've ever known, used LT as a life lesson on how NOT to be. As much as he loved LT on the field he had no respect for him as a person, simply because LT was somebody with the talent to be the greatest to ever play the game at any position, but it was plain to everybody that he wasn't putting in the work.

Guest StrahansGap

LT's retirement game. Monday night vs vikings. Game sucked but seeing Simms throw to LT on the red carpet at the old giants stadium was awesome. He'll always be my favorite player ever.

LT's retirement game. Monday night vs vikings. Game sucked but seeing Simms throw to LT on the red carpet at the old giants stadium was awesome. He'll always be my favorite player ever.

Wasn't that the game Simms' number was retired?

Guest StrahansGap

Wasn't that the game Simms' number was retired?

Yes. That was following year at Dallas game. I confused the two. Simms was at LT's retirement game but the long pass was at Simms' retirement. You're right.

Best game for me was the playoff game against the Falcons just this season past... I screamed my ass off... who knew I had an 8 year old in me lol.

So it wasn't because I scored you some awesome cheap tickets!?!? Ungrateful ass!!! Hahahhahahaha.

Mine has to be the very first Giants game vs Bengals 2007. Carson Palmer was injured that game but it went to over time where Tynes kicked it in for the win!!! It was pretty awesome, second has to be the playoff game vs falcons that me and Nas went.... The place went bananas!!

When I was a kid we NEVER got Giant games in the Midwest....you got three basic options under the CBS NFC regional schedule, Bears, Vikings or Lions and given they only did two NFC games every other Sunday ...one of those fuckers was always there to grab the available time slots...and if they weren't...they gave us the Fucking Cowbosy....so...unless the Gaints played one of those teams or unless they got a Monday night game...the only hope of seeing them was on "This Week in the NFL" or once in a blue moon they'd get picked as the "NFL Game of the Week".......that came on at 10:30 and 11:30 on Friday nights.

So...imagine my joy when I got home from Mass one Sunday ....turned on the TV..and because the Bears were playing the Vikings at 3 p.m....because both the Cowboys and Lions had their Thanksgiving game on the the 23rd....and because it was CBS turn to have the two game Sunday.......CBS gave me this motherfucker....with Brookshire and Summeral....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197211260nyg.htm

Even better...it was picked as the NFL Game of the week.

So...this is my favorite. I've been searching for video of it for years.....no luck.

C. Wagon

Yes. That was following year at Dallas game. I confused the two. Simms was at LT's retirement game but the long pass was at Simms' retirement. You're right.

Lol I honestly only remember cause I watched America's Game for the 86 team not too long ago.

I've only had the pleasure of attending 2 Giants games. One was the debacle that was the final game at Giants Stadium. The other was Giants-Chiefs back in 1992. We were horrid that year. LT and Simms were hurt (I kno LT was... I THINK Simms was out), and we were like 5-9 at the time, but we showed up and showed out. I left near the end and we were up 35-14. Great game, but its been way too long since I've been to a good Giants game.

I've never been to see the Giants. I was going to go when they came down to play Tampa a few years ago but my wife backed out on the idea, so I did, too. I still regret that decision. When they come back to Tampa I am going, no ifs and or buts about it. Unfortunately, the Bucs play the Giants in NY next year. Hopefully the 2013 season will see the Giants coming to Tampa Bay. The only chance I have is if the Giants play the Bucs here in the playoffs, and I really don't want to see that happen, because that probably means the Bucs finished with a better record and Giants are in the WC spot or something. I know we're road warriors but I would like to see a 12-4 season this year, at least. I know that's unlikely in our division and especially with the most difficult schedule in football, but Eli is in his prime and we are getting even better... year 3 of JPP is going to be unbelievable, I think he's going to be the defensive player of the year next year, I'm not joking. This guy is going to get 100+ tackles next year from the defensive end position, and 15+ sacks... I'm sure of it. Only health will slow him down.

i´ve only been to a lot of good soccer games but nothing beats the one Giants game i´ve been too, NY in december is amazing. i got to good tickets to home game against the chiefs on the 17th, my xgf and i went to the tailgaiting 3 hours before kickoff, lots of fans tailgaiting in the parking lot, footballs flying in every direction, cold beer and very friendly people.

We got into to the stadium early so i got to see Eli and the others warming up.

The game was a close one where Chiefs Larry Johnson was a constant pain to the injured Giants defence, Eli had a horrible day throwing a cuple of ducks and an ugly INT, but luckily Tiki had a career day rushing for 220 yards ( Giants record at the time) and 2 tds one of the tds was a 40 yards run where the broke 7-8 tackles on he´s way for the score, its was out of this world the stands went nuts. Tiki´s running secured a 27-17 victory. i remember the crowed chanting mvp mvp mvp towards Tiki (i loved the guy back then) at the end of the game. a great great day one of the best in my life.

what´s the best game you guys ever been too ?

Do you type with a Danish accent?

BTW, welcome DanishGiant. I hope you enjoy it here. There's other forums out there but this one is great because the members here are a community... other sites you're just one of a thousand. Most of the posters here that post have been here for years. Things can get heated sometimes but if you find yourself in something like that, don't worry, it's usually bygones a day or two later. Just as a warning, the Giants forum really slows down this time of year... you probably won't see much after we finish dissecting the draft until exhibition season. But I hope you hang around and become a regular like the rest of these pukes. :)

yeah i guees i do, sorry for poor spelling and stuff like that, English is not my first or second language, i hope you understand me :)

Dutch....I hope you don't take the writing here as being an example of good English.....welcome Dutch.

C. Wagon.

Dutch....I hope you don't take the writing here as being an example of good English.....welcome Dutch.

C. Wagon.

C. Wagon.

Dutch ? are you Dutch ?

Best game for me was the playoff game against the Falcons just this season past... I screamed my ass off... who knew I had an 8 year old in me lol.

yes Nas , that was a great game wasnt it ....shame we didn't quite manage to meet up on Jan 8

For me .....ive been lucky to see the Giants 5 times .....and 5 wins ......best was Glendale Az , Feb 3 2008 ......say no more !

regards UK