SportsWrath

Post Draft Hangovers and Thoughts

BleedinBlue

I have little doubt that Fleener is going to be a star in Indianapolis. I would have loved him in Giants blue. But Wilson is going to be special for us, too, and we got a TE that has a chance to be a great player. I can't ask any more than that. They addressed the 3 positions that I really wanted them 2 with two blue chip studs in WR and RB, and one athletic wonder at TE that could end up being a steal. I'm happy.

I'm feeling really good about this draft. Some of you may have noticed that I was hyping on David Wilson for a couple months, so you know how I feel about that pick.

I got off him and on to Doug Martin after seeing some Wilson lowlights, but after watching a couple games in full (really just the breakdowns of Wilson's touches) I feel like I was right the first time around. That VT offensive line was offensive!... Wilson was running backwards because often he didn't have a choice in the matter, VT's left guard in particular consistently left his teammates hanging out to dry. I came away amazed at how often Wilson was able to take a sure 2 or 3 yard loss - which was almost every carry - and get four or five yards. And then when he actually got a little crease to work with.... man, he wasn't going backwards, that fucker was up field and GONE. I was most impressed with the way he manipulated the defense with his pace - it reminded me of Tiki Barber.

I didn't see WR as a need position, but its hard to be upset with such a value pick like Randle in the 2nd. Same for the CB in the 3rd round. Then good physical talent with big potential late in the draft, thats good stuff. The thing is, even if those guys don't pan out as players, for a couple years they'll be very useful getting downfield on kick coverage or in other little roles like that. Any moron can bust a wedge, you don't need a football player for that, just get the biggest, fastest guy you can find.

Thats the way to build a team through the draft; forget what you need, just get the best young players you can and fill the gaps in your roster with a few experienced pros. In Reese I Trust!

Reese interview with Fatcessa:

http://newyork.cbslo...ges&dcid=CBS.NY

I'm not a big fan of Fatty but this is a great segment, more here from Reese than other vids I've seen regarding our draft. You guys should like it.

Very interesting. Reese said Wilson was the highest player on their board when they grabbed him and if Doug Martin was still on the board, they wouldn't have taken him instead of Martin. In fact, if Martin was still on the board and Wilson was gone, they still wouldn't have taken Martin because they had several guys (including Randle) ranked ahead of him.

Just another thought running through my head as I'm still not quite through obsessing over the draft. This is a bullshit thought, but such is the way my mind works sometimes.

What is it with the whole "rhyme thing" going on with the Giants?

I used to think the Giants targeted players with names that couldn't be pronounced. But as I look back at our team for the past few years, I can't help but notice that at any given time, the Giants seem to stockpile players with names that are very similar except for one letter.

Dixon left the Giants before Hixon made the team, so that doesn't really count. But there was Ross, Boss, and Moss - but one by one, the rhyme team was broken up and with the "loss of Ross" (get it?), there is no more "oss" teammates.

So what do the Giants do? In one swell swoop, they draft Hosley and Mosley almost back to back with their picks.

I was happy that the Saints (funny name for a team that is anything but made up of Saints, but I digress) grabbed Akiem Hicks before the Giants had a chance. Can you imagine wondering if you heard the announcer say Hakeem Nicks or Akiem Hicks when listening to the radio as a game is being called at lightning speed?

I'm going to do a search to see if there's a free agent or UDFA out there with a name like Bosley, or Fosley or something. If so....you gotta believe the Giants are interested.

Just another thought running through my head as I'm still not quite through obsessing over the draft. This is a bullshit thought, but such is the way my mind works sometimes.

What is it with the whole "rhyme thing" going on with the Giants?

I used to think the Giants targeted players with names that couldn't be pronounced. But as I look back at our team for the past few years, I can't help but notice that at any given time, the Giants seem to stockpile players with names that are very similar except for one letter.

Dixon left the Giants before Hixon made the team, so that doesn't really count. But there was Ross, Boss, and Moss - but one by one, the rhyme team was broken up and with the "loss of Ross" (get it?), there is no more "oss" teammates.

So what do the Giants do? In one swell swoop, they draft Hosley and Mosley almost back to back with their picks.

I was happy that the Saints (funny name for a team that is anything but made up of Saints, but I digress) grabbed Akiem Hicks before the Giants had a chance. Can you imagine wondering if you heard the announcer say Hakeem Nicks or Akiem Hicks when listening to the radio as a game is being called at lightning speed?

I'm going to do a search to see if there's a free agent or UDFA out there with a name like Bosley, or Fosley or something. If so....you gotta believe the Giants are interested.

You're showing withdrawal symptoms of GND (Giants News Disorder). We need more Giants news ASAP lol

You're showing withdrawal symptoms of GND (Giants News Disorder). We need more Giants news ASAP lol

It's called "Post Draft Depression".......not unlike the common problem women suffer called "post coital depression", or what a buddy of mine gets that he calls, "post coital disgust". Which I point out he might not get that so often if he'd stop bringing home skanks!

It's called "Post Draft Depression".......not unlike the common problem women suffer called "post coital depression", or what a buddy of mine gets that he calls, "post coital disgust". Which I point out he might not get that so often if he'd stop bringing home skanks!

Well GND and PDD have similar symptoms lol.