SportsWrath

Will the Giants draft a kicker?

Nas

Uh...no....I would seriously hope no. UDFA...sure...but not even a 7th rounder at this point.

Why not... A kicker can make or break a game. It's not like we signed David Akers when we had a chance. Instead we're left with Ulcer-Tynes.

Seriously? As much as I'd like to see it, with them moving kickoffs in and the money they've given to Tynes already, it's just not happening. They are so damn loyal to that guy.

It's a case of being lucky than good... Tynes is a disaster waiting to happen.

It's a case of being lucky than good... Tynes is a disaster waiting to happen.

Tynes is clutch.

Yea David Akers is better, but I'll take the same Tynes who kicked us into the SB twice over any other kicker with a sexy leg and a nervous brain. Tynes is clutch, get it within 45 yards and he has a good shot.

Different position but look at Matt Dodge, Dude has a phenomenal leg, but he's got a ten cent football brain.

Tynes has a strong womens leg, yet he hits those clutch FGs when they have mattered most to us.

You mean the clutch one he hit in GB NFCCG after he'd missed 2? :doh:

You mean the clutch one he hit in GB NFCCG after he'd missed 2? :doh:

Exactly, that kick had more pressure by far then the previous 2, and it was from 47 yards out in the 2nd coldest game in league history. He misses that kick and he needs a new job, new home, new identity etc... But he made it.

Why not... A kicker can make or break a game. It's not like we signed David Akers when we had a chance. Instead we're left with Ulcer-Tynes.

While they can make or break a game, they're also to be had as undrafted free agents. I would not be opposed to bringing in some competition in camp, but not at the cost of losing a draft pick.

While they can make or break a game, they're also to be had as undrafted free agents. I would not be opposed to bringing in some competition in camp, but not at the cost of losing a draft pick.

Yea that's fair. But I'm pretty sure Tynes is our guy.

I don't bet money, but here's the deal: If they draft a kicker in the 8th round, I'll vote for Obama. If they don't, you have to vote for Romney! :USA:

Seems like a good bet :cheers:

There's an 8th round? :confused: