SportsWrath

OSI a No-Show at offseason work out...

TrashTalker92

I have two obvious choices for Osi.

1) Osi's age , he is 30 will be 31 in Nov. Last year he missed 7 games and only had 16 tackles, not to mention injuries.

With all of that being said, if he is going to walk next year why not trade him now during the draft and get Something for him at least a 5th round.

Why would you buy a new car drive it for 9 years ,pay it off then give it away?

2)Getting a center in the draft could help save some money for us to go toward keeping OSi next year. Baas has a huge contract.... too huge. Canty has a big contract also. Jacobs restructured 2 years straight to help keep Bradshaw. Canty could( but would he) do the same. question is How much money is the Chief looking for to stay?

Also think about this, we lost Tolly. If we trade Osi now we have no veteran DE rotation outside of Trattou and some guy (rookie) Marshall(?). (I know ,I know we have Kiwi who is listed as a LB - 62 tackles)

What I am saying is restructure or trade...... We could get a 3rd for Osi (per some insiders, teams are offering a 3rd for osi.)

Will we be running Nascar on 7 cylinders this year?

All this talk about Baas, he has a lot of money and a lot of years left. Baas is going to play unless he's hurt, he's not going anywhere. You can't take the cap hit now with releasing Baas. $2 million of next year's salary is guaranteed, and there's an $8.5 million dollar signing bonus that is spread out over the life of the 5 year deal.

Per Rotoworld:

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal contains $11.5 million guaranteed, including an $8.5 million signing bonus, all of Baas' first-year salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2012: $3 million, 2013: $4.25 million, 2014: $4.75 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent.

Baas is here for at least the next 3 seasons. I've never seen a fan base get so bent out of shape over a player so quick after the player barely played a handful of games last year, battling a concussion/head injury, and actually played pretty damn well down the stretch and in the playoffs. He got off to a bad start because of a head injury, and it's like the fans aren't capable of giving him a fair shake after that. Baas will be fine, you guys. Maybe the early season struggles will be forgotten next season if he gets off to a good start, I don't know. Reese knows what he's doing though, Baas is a good center.

All this talk about Baas, he has a lot of money and a lot of years left. Baas is going to play unless he's hurt, he's not going anywhere. You can't take the cap hit now with releasing Baas. $2 million of next year's salary is guaranteed, and there's an $8.5 million dollar signing bonus that is spread out over the life of the 5 year deal.

Per Rotoworld:

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal contains $11.5 million guaranteed, including an $8.5 million signing bonus, all of Baas' first-year salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2012: $3 million, 2013: $4.25 million, 2014: $4.75 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent.

Baas is here for at least the next 3 seasons. I've never seen a fan base get so bent out of shape over a player so quick after the player barely played a handful of games last year, battling a concussion/head injury, and actually played pretty damn well down the stretch and in the playoffs. He got off to a bad start because of a head injury, and it's like the fans aren't capable of giving him a fair shake after that. Baas will be fine, you guys. Maybe the early season struggles will be forgotten next season if he gets off to a good start, I don't know. Reese knows what he's doing though, Baas is a good center.

agreed completely.

agreed completely.

Ditto. Bass was battling injuries and the whole line was rebuilt and trying to find cohesiveness for much of the season. Give Bass and the rest of the OL an off season to get healthy and work together, and they'll be fine.

I also think Baas took way too large a share of the early season criticism for Diehl's failed experiment at LG. Sometimes with two linemen that close together, it's difficult to see who is missing all those blocks, so it might be natural for people to hone in on the new guy. Diehl has had a stellar reputation here, but when you review what was really happening it was Diehl that was just abysmal at LG.

To further your point, the line play noticably improved when Diehl went back to Tackle and Booth and even Petrus took over at Guard. Looked to me like Diehl was a better Tackle than Beatty and both Booth and Petrus were better Guards than Diehl.

To further your point, the line play noticably improved when Diehl went back to Tackle and Booth and even Petrus took over at Guard. Looked to me like Diehl was a better Tackle than Beatty and both Booth and Petrus were better Guards than Diehl.

I don't think Deihl was that much of a better tackle than Beatty, I thought Beatty was our best pass blocker last year and was good at LT, I think Deihl just wasn't very good at guard last year.

I don't think Deihl was that much of a better tackle than Beatty, I thought Beatty was our best pass blocker last year and was good at LT, I think Deihl just wasn't very good at guard last year.

Yeah I agree with this. I think Boothe really stabilized the line. I think Diehl was much better back at Tackle than at Guard, so we didn't really see much of a drop-off from Beatty to Diehl, but a big improvement from Diehl to Boothe, and plus the cohesiveness of the line improved as the season went on. I think another factor was the decline of McKenzie, who was inconsistent at times last year, particularly with speed rushers. I remember Clay Matthews was just eating McKenzie up, and he also gave up that sack by Babin that caused the fumble that ended the game in that loss to the Eagles. Great career for Kareem though, but he really started to show he's getting a little long in the tooth last year.

Beatty is still learning and improving, so I'm not about to throw him on the scrap heap but I did think Diehl upgraded the position when he moved outside, just as Booth upgraded LG. I want to see if the Giants throw Diehl into RT competition, to replace McKenzie. This would signal they are commited to and sold on Beatty at LT. Lets see if they go that way or if they let Diehl compete with Beatty at LT. I do not expect him to be in the Guard mix.

Yeah I agree with this. I think Boothe really stabilized the line. I think Diehl was much better back at Tackle than at Guard, so we didn't really see much of a drop-off from Beatty to Diehl, but a big improvement from Diehl to Boothe, and plus the cohesiveness of the line improved as the season went on. I think another factor was the decline of McKenzie, who was inconsistent at times last year, particularly with speed rushers. I remember Clay Matthews was just eating McKenzie up, and he also gave up that sack by Babin that caused the fumble that ended the game in that loss to the Eagles. Great career for Kareem though, but he really started to show he's getting a little long in the tooth last year.

Also, Snee had his worst season of his career last year. It was revealed that he was playing through injury all year long though and I think he will be back to form this year.

Also, Snee had his worst season of his career last year. It was revealed that he was playing through injury all year long though and I think he will be back to form this year.

This. Snee took very little criticism for some pretty bad play. Baas caught a whole lot of his flak.