SportsWrath

Osi724dasack's 2012 NYG Mock Draft!!!

osi724dasack

Ok my mock draft.

Round 1: Chandler Jones DE, 6-5 280, big strong long armed, real good athlete. fits the mold as a Giants DE, he reminds me of a poor mans Tuck, he's versatile, hard working , extremely talented and would be a nice pick for us at DE. You can never have too many pass rushers. Especially with Kiwi and Osi being F/As soon. Tucks not 25 anymore either. Other choices include Lamar Miller, Stephen Hill and Doug Martin.

Round 2: George Iloka Safety 6-4 225. Big rangy experienced player, great size and speed combo, really fluid in the hips in coverage, can cover WRs/TEs man to man, big hitter, solid player. I hope he's there at 64, hed be a great pickup immediately for STs and even the 3rd safety spot.

Round 3: Brandon Brooks OG/OT 6-5 345, physical specimen, will get in your face and punch you in the jaw, fierce competitor, and

Really athletic. Very raw.

Round 4: Tommy Streeter WR 6-5 220 4.3 speed, was a force last season at The U, despite having a horrible QB named Jacory Harris Streeter still had a killer season. Dude has amazing skills/size/speed and hands, he probably should have stayed in college another year since he's raw, but in round 4 he would be a great pickup. He can compete for the 3rd WR from day 1 with his ability to get down field.

Round 4 pick 2: Robert Turnin RB 5-10 225, this guy does a little of everything and reminds me of a violent Derrick Ward. He would compliment Bradshaw/Scott/Ware pretty good. Idk if he makes it here though. If he's gone if take TE Ladarius Green 6-6 245.

Trade up to round 5 with the Jaguars, we give up our 6 an 7th round picks this year us next years 7th

Round 5: Taylor Thompson 6-6 285 TE/DE combos from SMU is an all world talent who has insane athleticism and hands! Dude played de

very well up until last year when he was moved to TE due to his ability to catch everything !!! He has 4.7 speed, but he plays faster on the field. Very raw. Worth the pick though.

Ok my mock draft. Round 1: Chandler Jones DE, 6-5 280, big strong long armed, real good athlete. fits the mold as a Giants DE, he reminds me of a poor mans Tuck, he's versatile, hard working , extremely talented and would be a nice pick for us at DE. You can never have too many pass rushers. Especially with Kiwi and Osi being F/As soon. Tucks not 25 anymore either. Other choices include Lamar Miller, Stephen Hill and Doug Martin. Round 2: George Iloka Safety 6-4 225. Big rangy experienced player, great size and speed combo, really fluid in the hips in coverage, can cover WRs/TEs man to man, big hitter, solid player. I hope he's there at 64, hed be a great pickup immediately for STs and even the 3rd safety spot. Round 3: Brandon Brooks OG/OT 6-5 345, physical specimen, will get in your face and punch you in the jaw, fierce competitor, and Really athletic. Very raw. Round 4: Tommy Streeter WR 6-5 220 4.3 speed, was a force last season at The U, despite having a horrible QB named Jacory Harris Streeter still had a killer season. Dude has amazing skills/size/speed and hands, he probably should have stayed in college another year since he's raw, but in round 4 he would be a great pickup. He can compete for the 3rd WR from day 1 with his ability to get down field. Round 4 pick 2: Robert Turnin RB 5-10 225, this guy does a little of everything and reminds me of a violent Derrick Ward. He would compliment Bradshaw/Scott/Ware pretty good. Idk if he makes it here though. If he's gone if take TE Ladarius Green 6-6 245. Trade up to round 5 with the Jaguars, we give up our 6 an 7th round picks this year us next years 7th Round 5: Taylor Thompson 6-6 285 TE/DE combos from SMU is an all world talent who has insane athleticism and hands! Dude played de very well up until last year when he was moved to TE due to his ability to catch everything !!! He has 4.7 speed, but he plays faster on the field. Very raw. Worth the pick though.

I'm not sure we'll go safety in the 2nd round although I have thought we need a safety only because Rolle's contract is killing us cap-wise. Love the OL at 345 lbs...

1.Coby Fleener

2.Zebrie Sanders OT Florida St

3.Cam Johnson DE Virginia

4.A.Phillip Thomas S Syracuse

B.Tommy Streeter WR Miami (FL)

6.Moe Petrus G/C Uconn

7.Darrell Scott RB USF

Another one? :P

They are brothers, but it's weird, Mitch is from Arkansas and Moe is from Quebec, Canada.

haha yah, I looked it up, thought that was strange, too. I also read that Moe is a "much better prospect" than his brother and that he is a good leadership-type that would be a "good fit in New England or New York"....

haha yah, I looked it up, thought that was strange, too. I also read that Moe is a "much better prospect" than his brother and that he is a good leadership-type that would be a "good fit in New England or New York"....

Moe is half black too, which makes me think they have different mother or father and are really just step brothers.

Hmmm... then I doubt the much better prospect goes a round later than the inferior prospect did (Mitch was a 5th rounder in 2010).

Moe is 26 years old already... this guy isn't getting drafted.

Moe is half black too, which makes me think they have different mother or father and are really just step brothers.

Wonder what the odds are of two step brothers, unrelated, both being NFL offensive linemen.

Ok my mock draft.

Round 1: Chandler Jones DE, 6-5 280, big strong long armed, real good athlete. fits the mold as a Giants DE, he reminds me of a poor mans Tuck, he's versatile, hard working , extremely talented and would be a nice pick for us at DE. You can never have too many pass rushers. Especially with Kiwi and Osi being F/As soon. Tucks not 25 anymore either. Other choices include Lamar Miller, Stephen Hill and Doug Martin.

Round 2: George Iloka Safety 6-4 225. Big rangy experienced player, great size and speed combo, really fluid in the hips in coverage, can cover WRs/TEs man to man, big hitter, solid player. I hope he's there at 64, hed be a great pickup immediately for STs and even the 3rd safety spot.

Round 3: Brandon Brooks OG/OT 6-5 345, physical specimen, will get in your face and punch you in the jaw, fierce competitor, and

Really athletic. Very raw.

Round 4: Tommy Streeter WR 6-5 220 4.3 speed, was a force last season at The U, despite having a horrible QB named Jacory Harris Streeter still had a killer season. Dude has amazing skills/size/speed and hands, he probably should have stayed in college another year since he's raw, but in round 4 he would be a great pickup. He can compete for the 3rd WR from day 1 with his ability to get down field.

Round 4 pick 2: Robert Turnin RB 5-10 225, this guy does a little of everything and reminds me of a violent Derrick Ward. He would compliment Bradshaw/Scott/Ware pretty good. Idk if he makes it here though. If he's gone if take TE Ladarius Green 6-6 245.

Trade up to round 5 with the Jaguars, we give up our 6 an 7th round picks this year us next years 7th

Round 5: Taylor Thompson 6-6 285 TE/DE combos from SMU is an all world talent who has insane athleticism and hands! Dude played de

very well up until last year when he was moved to TE due to his ability to catch everything !!! He has 4.7 speed, but he plays faster on the field. Very raw. Worth the pick though.

Osi, I'm still looking at some players. Chandler Jones is one of those players that I haven't really investigated yet. I noticed you went defense in the first two rounds. I understand that the Giants will take BPA and I think that's the right strategy. But I really am hoping they give Eli some help in the first two rounds, either on the line or a skill position player. I think the loss of Manningham is going to hurt us if we don't have a dynamic 3rd option to go to. That's why I've been a big proponent of Fleener if he's there. Anyhow, because I think the offense needs a lot more help than the defense, I would like the Giants to at least get one offensive difference maker in the first two rounds, not saying that your choices are not good ones, though. I don't know a lot about the Ilaka kid, either, except that he's got great size and is the top rated free safety in the draft. I think anytime you can get a player that is the best at their position in the draft, at the end of the second round, that's a strong choice.

Can't find any video about Brooks. I did see he's a projected 2nd rounder by many, so I think it might be pushing it to think we can get him all the way at the end of the 3rd. I don't see a big need on the interior, but rebuilding the depth is also important. I do think we are solid with Snee, Boothe, as well as Baas at center, with Petrus the primary backup at OG. I would like to see a OT taken around here, I think that's more of a need than OG (you might see that in my mock).

Streeter is a very intriguing choice. If you go by CBSSports NFL Draft prospects ranking page, you see Streeter listed as a 5th to 6th round prospect. Does that mean he's a reach in the 4th? Don't know. You have someone with his size and speed, you can justify taking him even higher than the 4th. I think he's a little raw, going to need some coaching up. But he also has the potential to be a superstar. I really think he could be a steal for someone. But he's exclusively an outside guy, you won't see him in the slot. I'm not sure about the fit, but I like the choice, I think it's a very bold pick.

Turbin is a guy I have done some research on. I've analyzed his game tapes and I have to say, I'm just not a fan. While he's a physical runner, and that's good, he doesn't run with enough explosion for my liking. I don't see him as a player who will be much more than a complementary running back at the next level. When I watch him run, I don't see a small school diamond in the rough. I see maybe another DJ Ware. You put on the tape of Turbin, and then put on the tape of David Wilson immediately after. You'll see what I mean. Wilson makes ridiculous cuts and has superb explosion, while also running with similar physicality to Turbin. I know that it's a bit of an unfair comparison because Wilson is somewhere in the top 3 projected running backs in the draft, but to me, what's the point if you're not trying to find that sleeper guy who can be that kind of impact player that is a bit overlooked. For example, I like another running back projected to be a 4th rounder from San Diego State, Ronnie Hillman... big time speed, cuts are quicker, a little less physical than Turbin, but to me, runs with more explosion, but he's an unpolished player also, but is more athletically gifted, in my opinion, and as such has a better chance at being that under the radar great RB in the NFL. Another guy I like who could be better than both of them in the 4th is Cyrus Gray from Texas Tech. Anyhow, Turbin is a bit of a mystery to me because when I watch him run, I see a 6th or 7th rounder. But what do I know?

Taylor Thompson I really don't know anything about at all, can't find video. I also looked at Southern Methodist's receiving stats for last season and he didn't record a catch, so I'm thinking he played exclusively at DE. If you're looking for a TE, maybe he's a UDFA kind of guy, but CBSSports has him as a 4th round prospect at TE... so that's very interesting to me because he has no receiving stats according to ESPN.com for the last 3 seasons. I did see a video of him at a press conference and the guy's guns are enormous. Definitely a physical specimen. Could be a diamond in the rough, could be a waste of a pick, I really don't know, just no information on this guy. Wasn't invited to the combine, ran a 4.55 on his Pro Day, 22 reps on the bench. As a 6'6" guy who is solidly built, and can run that fast, he's a guy you would want to take a chance on, but I think you wait until the 7th round for a guy like that, and if he's not there, no biggie.

I like the Taylor Thompson choice and think it's a risk worth taking. JPP fell in our laps for no other reason than everyone was calling him a big risk.....dittos with Manningham and dittos with Bradshaw. Of course, all risks don't work out as sweet as the risks the Giants took on those guys. But it's a hell of a lot easier to take than say taking JaMarcus Russell or Pacman Jones......even "sure superstars" like Herschel Walker, Ron Dayne, and other multi-million dollars busts taken off the board in the first few minutes of the draft.

I'm pushing Nick Provo from Syracuse who played TE, but to be used as a slot WR. The guy's too small for a blocking TE (6'2 5/8"....and that might be a stretch), but he could catch anything and everything thrown anywhere close to him. And he loved to work in heavy traffic. Hands like fly paper, extremely productive as a reciever, and a nose for the end zone. Huge heart, very durable, and a really smart football player. He runs nearly perfect routes with perfect timing and has been coached for two years by an experienced NFL tight ends coach in Bob Casullo, who is very demanding about timing and route running and provo was his star player. He'll could be available as a UDFA and I hope we jump all over him if that happens. Although, some boards are saying he'll be gone in the 6th or 7th round. But it's hard to think teams are looking for an undersized TE even though he showed he could catch anything thrown his way no matter the distraction. He'd make a great slot receiver IMHO. He also might be the only player I've watched for the past couple of years and speak from experience rather than reading up on him. He always amazed me the way he came through in the clutch with dramatic catches when the team needed it the most. He would satisfy our need for a slot receiver and I hope he's on the Giants' radar for that very position.

Thanks for the feedback Guys, here's a quick rough copy of my updated mock.

Jones will be gone by the 20th pick, he is skyrocketing, at this point of we drafted him at 32 I would cream my pants.

Round 1: Stephen Hill (that's your help for Eli) dude is a JpP like prospect but at the WR position. 6-4 225 and can fly down the field as well as block tremendously for a WR.

To be continued...