SportsWrath

Well....Tolly's gone - crap!

BleedinBlue

While I agree on the concept, I look it at a bit differently... I think Tolly benefited from being well rested. How many times do we see images of Tuck, JPP, or Osi sucking wind... having said that .. I wish Tolly well.

I've now heard it all.

He benefited because he was well rested? Did you even watch the games that guy started in? It literally drove me crazy he was getting pass rushing snaps over Kiwanuka.

He was such a vital cog in our run that he didn't record a tackle in any of the Giants playoff games.

You guys crack me up. Seriously. I was furious that this guy was getting snaps over Kiwi in well, pretty much every game and especially the Superbowl.

Talk about someone who the offense doesn't have to game plan for. You have guys like Osi, Tuck, JPP, Kiwi...hmm...they are gonna be concerned with Dave Tollefson?

No.

Hopefully this means we can use Kiwi more on the LOS on 3rd and long situations than a guy who's gonna get blocked 90 percent of the time.

I've now heard it all.

He benefited because he was well rested? Did you even watch the games that guy started in? It literally drove me crazy he was getting pass rushing snaps over Kiwanuka.

Could it be because Kiwi was doing a pretty good job at his LB spot?

He probably wasn't even on the field. Which pisses me off and will continue to do so cuz' he's one of our best defensive players.

Seems a little silly to be getting upset over it when you don't actually know if he was on the field or not.

I've now heard it all.

I think what Nas meant was because he played less snaps he was fresher than the others when he did play and was able to play harder on those snaps. That's not that far fetched. He wasn't bad, I mean the guy's been on the roster for a while now.

I think what Nas meant was because he played less snaps he was fresher than the others when he did play and was able to play harder on those snaps. That's not that far fetched. He wasn't bad, I mean the guy's been on the roster for a while now.

Thanks, Boo. That's EXACTLY what I meant. Players get winded (image of Tuck sucking wind) from playing one snap after another... or when the D just can't get off the field.. (see the Redskins 3 hour drive). Tolly did in fact benefit from being very well rested. Having said I think he was worth $1.25M a season.

He's Not worth $1.25 million let season to us IMO.

We need a youngster with upside to tAke Tollys job. Gotta groom the future quickly is possible. If we don't draft a de or sign a cheap vet with some pop, then I'll agree that it was a poor decision to let him go. However he is very very expendable so either way this move barely matters.

Mel Kipper has Jones going in the top 16.....which means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Jones is a decent player that I suspect will go in the 2nd round....but not the last pick of the 2nd round. But I agree with you that picking another elite DE is fine with me. It's a strategy that has worked very, very well for the Gints.

I agree with bigblue that Whitney Mercilus would be a great pickup in our first round....if he is still on the board. He's quick, has the right size, and is a sack machine.

He fits our molds for DE (Mercilus) I am starting to see Jones in the 1st round, I have him mocked to NE at 31.

Tolly was underrated and a very good backup to Osi, Tuck, and JPP. If the Giants are serious about keeping Osi, then they have to make room. If they're serious about paying Nicks and Cruz, they have to make room. I believe there's something about carrying over extra cap space from one year to the next. If true, that could play into this as well.

With the guys we have still, we could still attack offenses in such a way that whatever backup is in there in Tolly's place, they'll face single teams...so they need only hold their own...not necessarily need to be dominant.