SportsWrath

Parcells to coach saints?

fringe

I still dont understand all the hate towards Tuna.

me neither. What Seph didn't tell you is he had genuine health concerns in 1990 and that was the main reason for quitting. The front office had their heart set on Handley and Bellicheck would not have been the HC.

I was all of 10 years old in 1990, but I remember the dropoff from Parcells to Handley. I can't say that I remember, or would remember, how Parcells left our team. That said, the Giants don't strike me as a franchise that would let a departing coach name his successor. Seems that'd be a decision that'd come from management/front office folk...today, and in the past.

me neither. What Seph didn't tell you is he had genuine health concerns in 1990 and that was the main reason for quitting. The front office had their heart set on Handley and Bellicheck would not have been the HC.

Yeah... those "genuine health concerns" that saw him go on to coach another team one year later... then coach another two after that. I think the ailment he had was "selfish prick syndrome." Parcells was mad that he was the biggest kid on the playground but he couldn't have all the toys (GM powers), so he did what all spoiled brats do, he threw a fit and left... but not until after BB and Coughlin had left themselves.

The guy is a grade-A asshole. Fuck that guy.

Yeah... those "genuine health concerns" that saw him go on to coach another team one year later... then coach another two after that.

he sat out a year and did ESPN, listened to his doctor and got well again. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

the immediate result was handley but the whole team was in decay anyway.

he sat out a year and did ESPN, listened to his doctor and got well again. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

That's the story, but I think it's bullshit, dub. I posted his track record before, but let's take another look.

1986 - tried to get out of his coaching obligation after winning the Super Bowl, but couldn't.

1990 - bails on his coaching obligation, leaving his former team in ruins.

1996 - bails on his coaching obligation to the Patriots, taking several players and coaches with him and leaving his former team in ruins.

1999 - bails on his coaching obligation to the Jets, leaving his former team in ruins.

2008 - bails on his GM obligations with Miami, leaving his former team in ruins.

Parcells cares about Parcells, and that's about it. If he had douched one team I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... between the teams he's coached and the ones he's bailed on last minute... the guy's douched half the league at this point.

i hope none of us have to go through this kind of "bullshit"

Heart Procedure for Parcells

Published: April 17, 1992

Bill Parcells, the coach of the Giants until he resigned last May, will undergo a heart procedure today for the third time in four months. Dr. Patrick Whitlow, a cardiologist, is scheduled to perform an atherectomy on the 50-year-old Parcells at the Cleveland Clinic. Parcells is expected to remain in the hospital overnight and be discharged tomorrow.

Four months ago today, at the Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, N.J., Parcells underwent an angioplasty procedure to clear his left anterior descending artery, which had a blockage of 95 percent to 99 percent. In that procedure, an inflated balloon compresses the plaque that blocks the artery. In February, the angioplasty was repeated.

Parcells was still not feeling well, and an examination at the Cleveland Clinic led to the decision to perform an atherectomy. In this procedure, the plaque is scraped from the artery walls or destroyed by laser. Dan Reeves, the head coach of the Denver Broncos, underwent an atherectomy in August 1990.

pixel.gif

i hope none of us have to go through this kind of "bullshit"

Heart Procedure for Parcells

Published: April 17, 1992

Bill Parcells, the coach of the Giants until he resigned last May, will undergo a heart procedure today for the third time in four months. Dr. Patrick Whitlow, a cardiologist, is scheduled to perform an atherectomy on the 50-year-old Parcells at the Cleveland Clinic. Parcells is expected to remain in the hospital overnight and be discharged tomorrow.

Four months ago today, at the Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, N.J., Parcells underwent an angioplasty procedure to clear his left anterior descending artery, which had a blockage of 95 percent to 99 percent. In that procedure, an inflated balloon compresses the plaque that blocks the artery. In February, the angioplasty was repeated.

Parcells was still not feeling well, and an examination at the Cleveland Clinic led to the decision to perform an atherectomy. In this procedure, the plaque is scraped from the artery walls or destroyed by laser. Dan Reeves, the head coach of the Denver Broncos, underwent an atherectomy in August 1990.

pixel.gif

I stand corrected then.

However, he's still guilty of being a douche 11 out of 12 times.

I stand corrected then.

However, he's still guilty of being a douche 11 out of 12 times.

In new England, he asked for the same kind of position that Bellicheck has, that Holmgren had in Seattle. Kraft said no and they parted ways. It happens. He stood up Tampa bay, that's true. But shit it's Tampa Bay!

The Jets. he retired and didnt work for 3 years. And the Cowboys, jeezus, he kept the job as long as anyone could.

He had success with each team and got the best out of his players, always.

Exactly and Belichick was a bit of a douche and didn't want the job, he wanted to prove himself elsewhere and went to Cleveland.

I never got the Parcells hate. He brought two titles to the Giants. As a fan, isn't that what you want?

Yep...I can appreciate what Parcells brought to both our team and football in general. We were fortunate to have him when we did, and from the sounds of things, his leaving the Giants was not necessarily as self-serving as many paint it out to be. Again, I was just getting into football at that time, so I'm no Parcell's expert.

But his going to the Jets, Patriots, Cowboys...I see as his desire to be part of the game. I think he had a desire to remain challenged, to remain a part of the game he loved. Once he got those teams back to a competitive level, the challenge kinda went away. Now, he's done with the challenges. He's proved himself to be more than capable, he's produced a coaching tree that rivals the Walsh coaching tree, and he can sit back on ESPN as a commentator and be proud of what he was able to accomplish.

I have no problem with Parcells...none. I only wish ESPN had him on more often so I could hear how he views the game/players/etc. His insight is far superior to many others that get regular spots.

Dude, have you even followed this guy's career?

Fatass tried to bail on his coaching contract with the Giants and go to Atlanta, but it didn't happen because the commissioner stepped in and wouldn't let him. Then he left the Giants in fucking JUNE after Belichick had already gone to Cleveland and all of the good coordinators were picked off the coaching staff. Then he pretended that he wanted to coach the Buccaneers (twice) before he bailed on them last minute. Then he left the Patriots because he couldn't get his way and they had the NERVE to draft perennial Pro Bowler Terry Glenn over whomever Fatass wanted. Just for good measure, he strung Atlanta along again for their general manager position before instead deciding to implode the Miami Dolphins as THEIR general manager.

Dude has always been about himself, never given a fuck about any organization not named "The Bill Parcells Foundation," and is as me-first a coach as you'll find. Thanks for giving us two Super Bowls on defensive-minded teams with Belichick as your coordinator, now go away, please.

Bump Squared... :cheers:

Yeah... those "genuine health concerns" that saw him go on to coach another team one year later... then coach another two after that. I think the ailment he had was "selfish prick syndrome." Parcells was mad that he was the biggest kid on the playground but he couldn't have all the toys (GM powers), so he did what all spoiled brats do, he threw a fit and left... but not until after BB and Coughlin had left themselves.

The guy is a grade-A asshole. Fuck that guy.

Selfish Prick Syndrome...just love it. :LMAO:

That's the story, but I think it's bullshit, dub. I posted his track record before, but let's take another look.

1986 - tried to get out of his coaching obligation after winning the Super Bowl, but couldn't.

1990 - bails on his coaching obligation, leaving his former team in ruins.

1996 - bails on his coaching obligation to the Patriots, taking several players and coaches with him and leaving his former team in ruins.

1999 - bails on his coaching obligation to the Jets, leaving his former team in ruins.

2008 - bails on his GM obligations with Miami, leaving his former team in ruins.

Parcells cares about Parcells, and that's about it. If he had douched one team I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... between the teams he's coached and the ones he's bailed on last minute... the guy's douched half the league at this point.

Left out the Broke Backs...who I hope remain in ruins forever...

Don't mind T- Parcells took his parking spot at the Astoria Diner once.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :WS: :WS: :WS: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Good one man...best comeback in quite some time. I salute you sir. :TU:

Love that place man...but I loved Stiamatis even more...have not been there in ages...best Greek food in all of Astoria. :ShakeBoobs: Greek chicks too...but that is for another thread. :pimp:

It's nice to have someone to share such a beautiful hatred with. :TU:

I'll back you. I was going to back you sooner but you and fringe had a thing going. Anyway the guy has major commitment issues, he contemplated quitting on the Giants many times, and always leaves teams in the lurch. He's like the TO of coaching. Good talent, bad teammate.