SportsWrath

Manningham signs with 49ers.

osi724dasack

San Fran is a bad fit for him, but good luck. Looks Sanu and Wright are on our radar in the draft. Then we can nab Wilson at the beginning of the 2nd round by trading up.

Ayup...but maybe the simpler offense might work better for him as he is not the sharpest tack in the box....

Ouch...

Mario Manningham was a hero in Super Bowl XLVI for the Giants but he certainly was not treated like any sort of superstar when it came to free agency. He wanted to get paid like a No. 1 receiver and did not see his wish granted.

Manningham’s two-year contract with the 49ers totals $7.375 million, according to CSNBayArea.com.

Manningham’s base salary this season is $1.2 million and his base salary in 2013 is $3.6 million. Included in the deal is a signing bonus of $2 million and $2.45 million of the contract is guaranteed.

Given that Manningham did not come close to breaking the bank on his deal, it shows how little the Giants were willing (or able, given their salary cap constraints) to ante up in order to keep him.

Manningham did not come close to the free agent mega-deals handed to Vincent Jackson (five years, $55.6 million), Marques Colston (five years, $40 million), Pierre Garcon (five years, $42.5 million), Robert Meachem (four years, $25.9 million), and Reggie Wayne (three years, $17.5 million).

Manningham’s deal with the 49ers did not even match the contract former 49ers receiver Josh Morgan was given by the Redskins. Morgan, coming off a broken leg, received a signing bonus of $5.5 million on his two-year deal.

even Laurent Robinson got quite a bit more.

Yea I really don't understand why Mario got so little. Maybe the knee issue has some severity to it? Who knows. IMO he was the 4th best f/a WR who's still young an has upside. Whatever though, I'm no NFL GM.

Yea I really don't understand why Mario got so little. Maybe the knee issue has some severity to it? Who knows. IMO he was the 4th best f/a WR who's still young an has upside. Whatever though, I'm no NFL GM.

Maybe the other GMs and coaches are seeing how good Eli is and putting a lot more of the credit for manningham's success on Eli.

Maybe the other GMs and coaches are seeing how good Eli is and putting a lot more of the credit for manningham's success on Eli.

Yea that is a good point, but even then you'd think he would have gotten some more $. He put up some nice stats in 2010. But his route running is pretty poor still. I really do wish him the best though, I know he's smoking a fat blunt somewhere right now and I respect that.

Not very smart.. .if I was him, I'd fire my agent in a heartbeat.