SportsWrath

these wr contracts must be driving reese insane

Herc

And you're cherry picking several that could be completely due to chance or even regression toward the mean, lol. 3 less receptions, 4 less touchdowns.

3 more receptions in 2 less games.

6.08 catches per game in 2010

5.06 catches per game in 2011

not insignificant

11 td's in 2010, .85 per game

7 td's in 2011, .64 per game

36% total TD dropoff in 2 extra games. not insignificant

it comes down to a simple stat: nicks got less targets in a season in which eli threw the ball more. manningham's targets fell off even further. this is due to cruz cutting into their targets

Ok, so then in his rookie season and part of his 2nd season, Steve Smith took away targets from him. What is the point?

His body of work isn't nearly large enough to be projecting these kinds of statistics. And he didn't go down in production.

And if you want the Giants to become a vertical offense so Nicks can get more big play targets, then Cruz is going to be essential in developing that kind of offense. It's started to happen: 3 less catches, more yards, more YPC, correct?

Makes it more important, IMO, to sign both. They are good complements.

talking about season 2 to season 3 and as i've already mentioned steve smith in 2010 wasn't having anywhere near the impact victor cruz had in 2011. nicks was clearly the #1 wr on the team in 2010. he more or less shared that role in 2011 and the casual fan probably knows cruz better than nicks at this point. it's not nicks in the 'madden cover vote' vs jpp, it's cruz.

i already demonstrated his drop in production in a number of posts in this thread. im not retyping it

i want them both signed too. i love cruz, i want him to be a giant for life and i want nicks to be a giant for life. i love watching this passing offense. the whole point of making this thread is that im worried we can't keep them together now with the wr market increasing so much.

hopefully, as rik pointed out, the big increase in salary cap space will facilitate that.

It's funny because Hakeem Nicks DOMINATED 3 of the 4 playoff games including The 10 catch game in the superbowl with a bunch of clutch grabs. He has proven to dominate against top competition.

Cruz had a more down to earth postseason as the competition increased. But to be fair, he had an OUTSTANDING NFC Chanpionship game, and a NICE superbowl TD catch in an otherwise quiet game for him.

At the end of the day Nicks > Cruz but there both awesome!!!

Let's just remember, as amazing as this season was for Cruz...He must repeat that performance to receive high end WR money or else reese won't risk it with him.

Nicks is The 1st round pick selected by Reese who has improved every year and has shown that he's a #1 with an incredible

Skill set, good size and amazing toughness. He gets a little Nicked up though every year Pun

intended but his toughness and ability to play

through pain is a great characteristic. Also one of the classiest people on the team, and is an great unselfish teamate who Also i a GrEAT run blocker as well for a WR, this is no knock on Cruz at all!!! Just a testament to how great of a player Nicks is.

Both great players indeed though. Nicks has just been showing it since freshman year of college. Cruz had himself an incredible 2nd season.

talking about season 2 to season 3 and as i've already mentioned steve smith in 2010 wasn't having anywhere near the impact victor cruz had in 2011. nicks was clearly the #1 wr on the team in 2010. he more or less shared that role in 2011 and the casual fan probably knows cruz better than nicks at this point. it's not nicks in the 'madden cover vote' vs jpp, it's cruz.

i already demonstrated his drop in production in a number of posts in this thread. im not retyping it

but you're demonstrated drop in production is nonexistent.

you're going by this weird idea that every year a wide receiver of Nicks caliber statistically improves...that is statistically improbable, especially when he's playing at the high level is already is.

had he played in 2 more games in 2010 (to match 2011) he would have got maybe what, 10 more catches, maybe a TD? He still wouldn't have matched his YPC or total yardage total this year. He'd have 4 or 5 more TDs and 10 more receptions.

As long as he doesn't drop in production, and stays around those numbers, that's #1 WR numbers for this team. I also don't think Nicks is Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson caliber.

you're going by this weird idea that every year a wide receiver of Nicks caliber statistically improves...that is statistically improbable, especially when he's playing at the high level is already is.

had he played in 2 more games in 2010 (to match 2011) he would have got maybe what, 10 more catches, maybe a TD? He still wouldn't have matched his YPC or total yardage total this year. He'd have 4 or 5 more TDs and 10 more receptions.

on a per game basis we're looking at about 3-4 more TD's and 18 more catches with roughly the same amount of yardage as 2010. and that's not taking into account that eli was forced to throw more in 2011.

im not sure why you keep putting words in my mouth. i never said that a wr has to improve every season. but a bump in production from season 2 to season 3 is not unreasonable when you take his ability into account

Fuck this thread has turned into a :girlfight:

Point is... Nicks makes Cruz a better receiver and the opposite is true. I think both are lucky to have one another and to have me as a sane fan and de-facto sportswrath GM. :flex:

I made a point, storm disagreed and we discussed it in a civil manner. i don't see what the big deal here is, nas

Pussy :angry: (I too was joking bro... I think it's fun because I know how Storm debates)