SportsWrath

Redskins gets #2 pick from Rams

boohyah

I hope he is a pretty decent QB actually.

Would be nice to have another NFC East rivalry going on between to good teams, instead of the late season cluster fuck that has been happening the last few seasons.

Plus out of 'Skins, Eagles and 'Boys, I kinda respect the Redskins the most.

Me too. They used to be a hard nosed football team with some intense fans, just like us...

Me too. They used to be a hard nosed football team with some intense fans, just like us...

Yeah. I respect their fan base as well. But that's cause they havent been good or fighting for a playoff spot for years. When they are a win or two for the past playoff spot. Their trash talking fans will come out of the woods and start yapping. We be hating them the same as the cowgirls or iggles

THREE 1st round picks for an over-hyped prospect? Classic Snyder.

That is the problem with GM's that can't be fired (AKA owners); they make these kind of Football Manager (the video game) kind of decisions. Its one reason why I am glad Tisch stepped in when Acorsi left and told the Mara's that he did not want a Mara (or Tisch) as a GM, as he said he never wanted a GM he could not fire. Wise words. Its good to have owners who realize they are not football men. Too many of Snyder's types of owners think the NFL is like MLB or the NBA where you can draft/buy a couple of superstars and you are set. Football is truly a team game and the sum is greater than its parts.

That is the problem with GM's that can't be fired (AKA owners); they make these kind of Football Manager (the video game) kind of decisions. Its one reason why I am glad Tisch stepped in when Acorsi left and told the Mara's that he did not want a Mara (or Tisch) as a GM, as he said he never wanted a GM he could not fire. Wise words. Its good to have owners who realize they are not football men. Too many of Snyder's types of owners think the NFL is like MLB or the NBA where you can draft/buy a couple of superstars and you are set. Football is truly a team game and the sum is greater than its parts.

Bruce Allen is actually the Skins GM and not Snyder, it's not like Dallas, where JJ does everything including coach the team.

The Redskins beat us twice this year....with Rex Grossman. I'm not harping on that because the Giants had beaten them six straight before the season opener and we didn't exactly have it together either time this year but if Griffin lives up to the expectations it will be very interesting. I would be happy if I were a Redskin fan. Yes, the price was steep but it's time for Washington to get "their guy" and stop throwing money at players past their prime and retreads hoping it's just going to come together. You can't win in this league without good quarterback play. It can mask deficiencies and win games you otherwise have no business winning. It's a gamble but considering where the Redskins are right now, it's one worth taking.

The Redskins beat us twice this year....with Rex Grossman. I'm not harping on that because the Giants had beaten them six straight before the season opener and we didn't exactly have it together either time this year but if Griffin lives up to the expectations it will be very interesting. I would be happy if I were a Redskin fan. Yes, the price was steep but it's time for Washington to get "their guy" and stop throwing money at players past their prime and retreads hoping it's just going to come together. You can't win in this league without good quarterback play. It can mask deficiencies and win games you otherwise have no business winning. It's a gamble but considering where the Redskins are right now, it's one worth taking.

Exactly. I don't think this is a bad trade at all. And all the news oulet headlines are totally exaggerating this trade making it seem so one-sided. You have to have the balls to make a risky move sometimes. Washington wants to get their guy and like you said, it's a lot better than what they had been doing by bringing in bums. This guy will have the chance to develop within their offensive system from day 1 with a good coaching staff and some decent players around him. I could see Washington as the landing spot for a guy like Reggie Wayne....because they desperately need a better receiving corps.

I think I would have tried to add a player instead of next year's first but I doubt the Redskins had that opportunity available to them....though they do have some good players on defense.

Sounds like Redskins jump up from #6 to #2.

Rams go to #6 this year, and then get Redskins 2nd rounder this year, and their first in 2013, and 2014.

The Washington Redskins are paying premium to put themselves in a position to draft quarterback Robert Griffin III, agreeing to surrender their first (No.6 overall) and second round picks this year and two future first round selections (2013, 2014) to the St. Louis Rams in return for the No. 2 overall selection this year

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/redskins-robert-griffin-iii-trade-/1

I suppose it's natural to compare this to the Rivers/Manning trade....

http://bleacherrepor...e-8-years-later

San Diego traded #1 for #5, and got the Giants 3rd in 2004, and 1st and 5th in 2005.

So, the Redskins are giving up two 1sts and one 2nd to move up 4 spots.

The Giants gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 5th to move up 4 spots.

Back in the day, everyone was saying the Giants got hosed....but 2 SB's later, that argument is dead.

But this kid is now going to be expected to be Cam Newton - great yet out of the box - and that's a tough burden to put on any rookie.

http://www.draftcoun...Value-Chart.php

2012 Rams

Round 1, Pick #2 = 2600 pts.

2012 Redskins

Round 1, Pick #6 = 1600 pts

Round 2, Pick #6 = 520 pts

2013 Redskins (assuming they finish around 8-8)

Round 1, Pick #16 = 1000 pts

2014 Redksins (assuming they finish around 8-8)

Round 1, Pick #16 = 1000 pts

So, assuming an average record for the next 2 seasons, the Redskins will have paid 4120 points to get 2600 pts.....that's a margin of -1520, which works out to the Rams basically getting one 1st round pick at the 7th spot (1500 points) and a 6th rounder in the 18th spot (20.2) in net value for the move.

I really hope our LB are up for the task. RG can run like he stole something. Plus we weren't very good matching up with the skins. I can't think of a division as scary as ours if the skins can get shit together.

I recall the last time two QB coming out 1 & 2 overall and it wasn't pretty. Not to be an ass but I don't like any other team gaining on us.

Last I checked we won the division.. and the Super Bowl... maybe this timre around the Giants will beat the crap out of the skins instead of playing down to their level. I love the move.. for the rams at least. I think the skins really overpaid by one pick. I think swapping pix plus a 1st and a 2nd would have been a fairer price however some other team might've paid up if the Skins didn't.

The skins do need a franchise QB and if this kid pans out then bring it.

Last I checked we won the division.. and the Super Bowl... maybe this timre around the Giants will beat the crap out of the skins instead of playing down to their level. I love the move.. for the rams at least. I think the skins really overpaid by one pick. I think swapping pix plus a 1st and a 2nd would have been a fairer price however some other team might've paid up if the Skins didn't.

The skins do need a franchise QB and if this kid pans out then bring it.

Well, I've read the Browns had a similar offer on the table but were unwilling to part with the #22 pick THIS year (they got it from Atlanta in the Julio Jones trade), and another pick the following year (2013), so Washington kind of had to part with the other 1st or who knows, Cleveland would be picking #2

Cmon guys

The skins are an enemy,

You'll hate them just as much as the cowboys and eagles of they stop sucking dick and start competing in The division.

Dude I don't "hate" teams because they beat us.. I can't stand classless trash like the cowboys' ugly lepro dancing my end zone.. ::cough:: Emmit Smith... I don't like trashy organizations like the Eagles. The skins are great rivals. I respect them .. their owner isn't the best of course but the team isn't a drama queen like the Cowboys.. etc.

Thanks man. But I bet Snyder is jogging his arm a bit... :P

Oh yeah, I am sure Snyder has alot of pull in the decisions still. To me this was a good trade, it would of been more risky to take Peyton. Peyton's paycheck is gonna be alot more and they could of been back to square one a year from now, still needing a QB after Peyton decided to retire. To them RG3 was all they needed and they can still build around him, without high draft picks.

The redskins certainly have it set up if rg3 is legit.

All they gotta do is sign some legit players with all that cap room. They can compete as soon as next year. Let's see if they blow it all this offseason or spend it the next couple years. Either one could work.

The Redskins havent had a decent QB since before the Mesopotamian Civilization. They were desperate. I think this is a good trade for them - if RG pans out that is. They can now focus towards intelligent drafting and building around him. The Rams on the other hand are primed to make a great team in the coming years - assuming Bradford pans out that is

I've definitely warmed up to RGIII's talent after doing some more research on him. He does look like a baller. I think he's going to give the Giants' D some problems, but having Vick in the division is really going to be an advantage for us when we play him. I want to see this kid's first game... he's going to have some big eyes when he sees the speed of NFL defenses for the first time, and even bigger when he sees a GOOD NFL defense like we're going to throw at him.

I too mostly like the Redskins fans. I spent a year in D.C. on a mission and I would wear my Giants gear out and about all the time. They were respectful and seemed to mostly enjoy talking about football. They did a little trash talk, but it was more in a jovial way like you do with your friends rather than the "Giants suck" yelling from Eagles' fans. But you know, every fan base has it's bad apples. It just seems like in Philthy, the whole tree is rotten, and Dallas, well they have more than their fare share. We'll see if Washington can win with class if RGIII is as good as advertised.

Personally I'd love to see Washington be the second best team in the division, beating up on Philly and Dallas all the time, but the Giants being that hump they can't get over.

But in about 7 or 8 years, Eli will be on the cusp of retirement and Griffin will be right in his prime at 29 years old... should be just entering his prime. Assuming he's the real deal. It will be then that the 'Skins could rule the East if we don't have Eli's heir apparent ready to go. That's a long way away, though. :)

The one thing I like about RGIII from a Giants' fan perspective is that he's only 6'2". Hopefully that means a lot of batted balls.

They're practically forcing themselves to build by free agency. Their oline is iffy, no wide receivers, the defense is good, but the keystone (Fletcher) is beyond old...I don't see any indication where they're doing anything different than they have in the past, or for that matter, any reason that they will have different results.

I've definitely warmed up to RGIII's talent after doing some more research on him. He does look like a baller. I think he's going to give the Giants' D some problems, but having Vick in the division is really going to be an advantage for us when we play him. I want to see this kid's first game... he's going to have some big eyes when he sees the speed of NFL defenses for the first time, and even bigger when he sees a GOOD NFL defense like we're going to throw at him.

I too mostly like the Redskins fans. I spent a year in D.C. on a mission and I would wear my Giants gear out and about all the time. They were respectful and seemed to mostly enjoy talking about football. They did a little trash talk, but it was more in a jovial way like you do with your friends rather than the "Giants suck" yelling from Eagles' fans. But you know, every fan base has it's bad apples. It just seems like in Philthy, the whole tree is rotten, and Dallas, well they have more than their fare share. We'll see if Washington can win with class if RGIII is as good as advertised.

Personally I'd love to see Washington be the second best team in the division, beating up on Philly and Dallas all the time, but the Giants being that hump they can't get over.

But in about 7 or 8 years, Eli will be on the cusp of retirement and Griffin will be right in his prime at 29 years old... should be just entering his prime. Assuming he's the real deal. It will be then that the 'Skins could rule the East if we don't have Eli's heir apparent ready to go. That's a long way away, though. :)

The one thing I like about RGIII from a Giants' fan perspective is that he's only 6'2". Hopefully that means a lot of batted balls.

JPP will be in his prime too ;)