SportsWrath

Vontaze Burfict

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I can confidently say that I was the one who first introduced Burfict to Sportswrath. I'm sure others heard about him b4 my original post with the YouTube video of him fucking shit up, so I'm not going to act like nobody ever heard of him. But I will however tell everyone here that I don't like him that much anymore. I've cooled on him quite a bit in the last few weeks or so. I know there are some sportswrathians who are still high on him but I hope Reese takes a pass on him. The reason? The kid is fucked up! He's a problem child and doesn't seem to get it. Just read this report on him on Rotoworld:

After speaking to NFL scouts and assistant coaches at the Combine, CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman suggests Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict is in for a draft-day plunge.

"I'm not sure any player here sparked a worse reaction than Vontaze Burfict," writes Feldman. "I wouldn't touch him," one scout said. "... The guy is completely out of control. There's no way you could trust him. I can't believe they (ASU coaching staff) didn't cut him loose." Added one NFL coach, "You just scratch your head at some of the knucklehead things he does on tape. It was the same thing over and over and over again with him."

Wow! These are professional scouts saying these things about him. The Giants have way too much class to take this kid. I say leave him alone. Let him go to the Jets or the Raiders.....

Yea huge pass.

I've never wanted him or any other LB round 1 this year.

I was against him because he lacks instincts and instincts are among the best traits to have as a LB. Screw him.

Now if for some reason he bottomed out and went undrafted or really late then maybe he would be worth a look.

Yeah, I haven't read a single review on him that hasn't mentioned serious character flaws coupled with extreme levels of freelancing and no real discipline whatsoever on OR off the field.

Sounds like more of a headache than what he'd be worth.

I think we were all pleasantly surprised by our LBers this past season, especially with Goff and Sintim going down so early. Not saying they set the world on fire by any means, but they weren't as much a detriment that we all feared they'd be...and they did show improvement as the year went by. I still would like a mid round draft pick on a LB, but certainly not a first or second.

Yeah. After you guys throwing his name around on the earlier months. I was able to catch a Bowl game with him being benched to start the game.

Dude has flash, speed and power that he was high shining everyone else on the field. But the dumbass kid can't keep his mouth shut. He got a flag after making a good play but mouthed off to the refs. Something I've never seen before. Leave this dude alone and let the cowgirls or iggles take him.

I'm actually excited with the guys we have at LB. some of them will be entering their second year and some coming Back.

Anyways screw this kid.

Yep JaQuain Williams is gonna be a real nice LB for years to come for us.

Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger showed us nothing. Jones wa solid on STs along with Paysinger and Herzlich flashed a few times but overall showe very little. Maybe one of those 3 step up and provide solid depth next year. It's safe to say JaQuains gonna be a beast for us at this point though.

Yep JaQuain Williams is gonna be a real nice LB for years to come for us.

Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger showed us nothing. Jones wa solid on STs along with Paysinger and Herzlich flashed a few times but overall showe very little. Maybe one of those 3 step up and provide solid depth next year. It's safe to say JaQuains gonna be a beast for us at this point though.

Not sure that Williams will be a beast per se, but he showed enough to evoke some confidence that he'll at least be solid. Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger...we'll know for sure after 2012/13. A shortened offseason and injuries to the starters threw these guys into a role they were clearly unprepared for. With adequate preparation and a little extra time, we'll be able to evaluate for sure. I'd still like Goff back with a draft pick.

Unfortunately, this seems to spell the end for Blackburn...again.

Not sure that Williams will be a beast per se, but he showed enough to evoke some confidence that he'll at least be solid. Jones, Herzlich, Paysinger...we'll know for sure after 2012/13. A shortened offseason and injuries to the starters threw these guys into a role they were clearly unprepared for. With adequate preparation and a little extra time, we'll be able to evaluate for sure. I'd still like Goff back with a draft pick.

Unfortunately, this seems to spell the end for Blackburn...again.

Im confident he will make thr team.

Gmenrock

I have loved Williams since day 1, lol so that's why I have a slight biased for him. But everything I've seen so far I've liked.

Remember that hes extremely raw and still did a great job in his role and really helped us win the SB. As a raw rookie with no training camp or OTAs and playing on pure instincts and athletic ability.

I think he'll pan out, maybe "beast" is an overstatement, so point taken.

I'm really confident that Jaquain Is a good player for us moving forward. Definately a guy that's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I can confidently say that I was the one who first introduced Burfict to Sportswrath. I'm sure others heard about him b4 my original post with the YouTube video of him fucking shit up, so I'm not going to act like nobody ever heard of him. But I will however tell everyone here that I don't like him that much anymore. I've cooled on him quite a bit in the last few weeks or so. I know there are some sportswrathians who are still high on him but I hope Reese takes a pass on him. The reason? The kid is fucked up! He's a problem child and doesn't seem to get it. Just read this report on him on Rotoworld:

After speaking to NFL scouts and assistant coaches at the Combine, CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman suggests Arizona State ILB Vontaze Burfict is in for a draft-day plunge.

"I'm not sure any player here sparked a worse reaction than Vontaze Burfict," writes Feldman. "I wouldn't touch him," one scout said. "... The guy is completely out of control. There's no way you could trust him. I can't believe they (ASU coaching staff) didn't cut him loose." Added one NFL coach, "You just scratch your head at some of the knucklehead things he does on tape. It was the same thing over and over and over again with him."

Wow! These are professional scouts saying these things about him. The Giants have way too much class to take this kid. I say leave him alone. Let him go to the Jets or the Raiders.....

We probably won't have to worry.. figure a couple of teams would take him... the Eagles... Raiders.. even the cowboys... in the first round.

his name will help. sounds like something that would make sense backwards.

giants are partial to difficult names.

With a name like that, if football doesn't work out for him, he could start an internet phone company.

Gmenrock

I have loved Williams since day 1, lol so that's why I have a slight biased for him. But everything I've seen so far I've liked.

Remember that hes extremely raw and still did a great job in his role and really helped us win the SB. As a raw rookie with no training camp or OTAs and playing on pure instincts and athletic ability.

I think he'll pan out, maybe "beast" is an overstatement, so point taken.

I'm really confident that Jaquain Is a good player for us moving forward. Definately a guy that's not going anywhere anytime soon.

no doubt he's shown promise and is clearly in the #3 spot behind Boley and Kiwi and clearly ahead of Jones, Paysinger, and Herzlich at this point.

Yea huge pass.

I've never wanted him or any other LB round 1 this year.

I was against him because he lacks instincts and instincts are among the best traits to have as a LB. Screw him.

Now if for some reason he bottomed out and went undrafted or really late then maybe he would be worth a look.

LOL...do you just say things that sound convenient?? If theres one thing this kid has, is GREAT instincts, and he's one hell of an athelete. Is he a bit of a head case? Yes, thats his knock. But if theres any organization that can handle someone like Burfict, its the Giants.

Now, you all can read what the reporters and media say, but take it from someone who lives in the state he plays in, its not as bad as stated. Ive NEVER missed an ASU game, and Burficts is one of the better LBers Ive ever seen play. Does some REAL stupid shit, but that can be changed.

Im with Pdub, wouldnt be upset at taking him, as long as its not our 1st pick.

There saying he might be a 3-4 round pick now. If so i would not mind taking him there. The guy has the skills to become a Ray Lewis or Urlacher type MLB. If some one can put him on the right track it would be a steal. If he does fall that low i wouldn't mind it. Not many of our 4th rounders work out anyway.

LOL...do you just say things that sound convenient?? If theres one thing this kid has, is GREAT instincts, and he's one hell of an athelete. Is he a bit of a head case? Yes, thats his knock. But if theres any organization that can handle someone like Burfict, its the Giants.

Now, you all can read what the reporters and media say, but take it from someone who lives in the state he plays in, its not as bad as stated. Ive NEVER missed an ASU game, and Burficts is one of the better LBers Ive ever seen play. Does some REAL stupid shit, but that can be changed.

If it was one or two sources that were saying it, I might give him a pass. If there were some disagreement coming from somewhere or if there was anything being said from anywhere that was in opposition to what's been stated about him so far...then he might get a pass. But all in all, there are multiple sources claiming that he's a bit of a reckless idiot.

He has great instincts, he just likes to freelance. I don't want him, because he is not a fit in our system. The character stuff is overblown, like Nas and I said in a different thread, he just gets over agressive at times. If Baltimore thinks Ray can get a hold of him and have him take out that anger in a positive way, it would be a good fit there, also TSizzle knows him, from going to ASU.