SportsWrath

Realistic draft day wishlists

gmenroc

and have come to realize that nobody has any idea what the Giants are going to do. First round projections for the Giants have ranged from TE to LB to OT to even DE. Second round I've seen go from CB to DT to RB to OT...and so it goes for all rounds. It's like these guys are just guessing.

I will say that there seems to be some consensus on TE (Allen or Fleener) for the 1st.

That said, I'm looking hoping for the following. Bolded are my first choices for the pick. Basically, I'm looking for line depth, the glaring hole at TE, and some secondary depth given Ross will probably be let go and T2 is a FA.

1st - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State or Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

2nd - Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia or Bobbie Massie, OT, Mississippi

3rd - Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple or Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami of Ohio

4th - James Michael Johnson, LB, Nevada or Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

5th - DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU or Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

6th - D'Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State or Nicholas Jean Baptiste, DT, Baylor

7th - Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech or Kelcie McCray, SS, Arkansas State

I would appreciate comments, understanding that this is after looking at round projections/size/speed stuff. I've not looked at game tapes or any of that yet, so this is an early hopeful list and subject to change.

I would really like to see us draft a potential game changing TE in round 1 or 2 (Coby Fleener or Dwayne Allen would be ideal) ...i also think we need to draft a RB before round 3 ( we are looking bloddy shaky at that position all of a sudden )...., other than that probably an Offensive Lineman is a must in the early rounds.

regards

UK

I think much like last year it's going to be the best player available at 32.

After that I can see us drafting for need after the first round.

I think that's why Allen or Fleener are becoming more the consensus for our first rounder...because they'd be the BPA and fill a need.

I would really like to see us draft a potential game changing TE in round 1 or 2 (Coby Fleener or Dwayne Allen would be ideal) ...i also think we need to draft a RB before round 3 ( we are looking bloddy shaky at that position all of a sudden )...., other than that probably an Offensive Lineman is a must in the early rounds.

regards

UK

I was looking at Doug Martin at Boise St. for our 2nd rounder, but thought that Pierce in the 3rd would be better value.

Lamar Miller will have to be taken at 32 for us to get him, I believe, without a trade up in the 2nd round. I would love to draft Miller at 32, even before Allen, who I also love.

Yea I'd absolutely love to take this guy

He is a little bit of a gamble, but he can be the next top stub RB in the NFL If he pans out. Kids got tremendous talent and comes from a school that has produced a stable of pro bowl RBs and players overall.

1.Coby Fleener or Mohamed Sanu

2.Doug Martin or Jayron Hosely CB Va Tech or Lavonte David LB Nebraska

3.Donnie Fletcher CB BC or Brandon Boykin CB UGA or LaMichael James RB Oregon

4.Matt McCants OT UAB or Shaun Prater CB Iowa

5.Moe Petrus C/G UConn or Nate Potter OT Boise St.

6.Adrien Cole ILB La Tech or Levy Addock OT Ok St.

7.Devon Wylie WR Fresno St.

regards

UK

We still have the same RB corp from last year... I don't see why it's suddenly a need.. I'm expecting BJ to restructure of course. I think TE/OL in first round... unless Burfict is there and the Giants feel they can tame his character issues... which I think is overblown.

Yea I'd absolutely love to take this guy

He is a little bit of a gamble, but he can be the next top stub RB in the NFL If he pans out. Kids got tremendous talent and comes from a school that has produced a stable of pro bowl RBs and players overall.

I have heard alot of comparasions to Portis coming out of Miami. I think Pittsburgh is taking him, Rashard Mendehall is not gonna play this year and his contract runs out at the end of the year.

We still have the same RB corp from last year... I don't see why it's suddenly a need.. I'm expecting BJ to restructure of course. I think TE/OL in first round... unless Burfict is there and the Giants feel they can tame his character issues... which I think is overblown.

His character issues are overblown. He just would not be a fit in Fewells d, he likes to freelance too much and would not stay responsible for his gaps in a zone. I see Baltimore has a good fit.

I have heard alot of comparasions to Portis coming out of Miami. I think Pittsburgh is taking him, Rashard Mendehall is not gonna play this year and his contract runs out at the end of the year.

Yea he would fit like a glove in Pitt. That'd be a good destination for him. And yea Clinton Portis is a better comparison then AP, although I think Miller is a little bit more powerful.

I think the concern is that Bradshaw needs to share the load due to nagging injuries. And Jacobs, while good in relief, I believe will be 30 this offseason. And Ware, nor Scott have shown they can do much of anything in a starting role. So while it's certainly not a pressing need, it is something that I think should be addressed in the draft, but not necessarily in the first round.

1.Coby Fleener or Mohamed Sanu

2.Doug Martin or Jayron Hosely CB Va Tech or Lavonte David LB Nebraska

3.Donnie Fletcher CB BC or Brandon Boykin CB UGA or LaMichael James RB Oregon

4.Matt McCants OT UAB or Shaun Prater CB Iowa

5.Moe Petrus C/G UConn or Nate Potter OT Boise St.

6.Adrien Cole ILB La Tech or Levy Addock OT Ok St.

7.Devon Wylie WR Fresno St.

I like McCants...hadn't read anything on him prior to seeing your post...Nate Potter on the other hand, I've read good things and some pretty bad things, which would give me pause, even in the 5th round.

I think the concern is that Bradshaw needs to share the load due to nagging injuries. And Jacobs, while good in relief, I believe will be 30 this offseason. And Ware, nor Scott have shown they can do much of anything in a starting role. So while it's certainly not a pressing need, it is something that I think should be addressed in the draft, but not necessarily in the first round.

I think Scott has a lot of upside... Yes he fumbled a couple of times but so did Bradshaw and Tiki before him.. get that fixed and we may have a really good RB in him.

I think Scott has a lot of upside... Yes he fumbled a couple of times but so did Bradshaw and Tiki before him.. get that fixed and we may have a really good RB in him.

I'll give you that. I'd be more inclined to get rid of Ware than Scott, that much is certain. Bradshaw, Jacobs, Scott, draft pick

He fumbled once and didn't have a chance to do anything this season (unless you consider 5 carries a chance). He did get to do some KOs in a few games.

Scott has upside

But the one thing I like about Ware as the 3rd RB is that he's so damn fundamentally sound. Dude protects Eli, has good hands, protects the ball, runs hard. Problem is, he's just nothing special at all for a guy that knows his job/role so well.

I like McCants...hadn't read anything on him prior to seeing your post...Nate Potter on the other hand, I've read good things and some pretty bad things, which would give me pause, even in the 5th round.

I guess alot of people think, Potter is just not powerful enough for the NFL. He also played against marginal competition in college, he might struggle with nfl caliber speed rushers, he did a good job though blocking for Martin, and he kept Kellen Moore upright and Moore holds the ball. I have seen him from 3rd to 6th.