SportsWrath

the only 3 threats to a giants victory

Cowboyz

1. gronkowski

2. hernandez

3. turnovers

even with pressure brady is capable of hitting those te's, both scored in the earlier matchup.

the difference in that game of course +2 takeaways for ny.

it will be exciting, and i don't like seeing anyone sacked and rattled more than brady.

makes you feel a little more immortal yourself when you see a demigod is human like that. :D

anyway guys good luck. go nfc and kick brady's ass!

1. gronkowski

2. hernandez

3. turnovers

even with pressure brady is capable of hitting those te's, both scored in the earlier matchup.

it will be exciting, and i don't like seeing anyone sacked and rattled more than brady.

makes you feel a little more immortal yourself when you see a demigod is human like that. :D

I pretty much agree. I know too that the Giants have been susceptable to the run at times this season and BJGE/DW were both running better towards the end of the season. I don't expect the Patriots to come out run, run, run...but if they establish a running game, it'll hurt significantly.

I think that we can beat the TEs by doubling the inside receivers with LB/S. We've had some success against TEs lately (Finley, Gonzalez). Though we got hurt by VDavis. Don't give me the 'we held him to just 3 catches and it was two defensive breakdowns garbage. He torched us for two big plays and it damn near lost us that game. I think we have the ability to stack up against Hernandez and Gronkowski, again, if they're chipped off the line and doubled. CWeb and ARoss should be able to take their WRs 1:1. Welker will be a tough draw for Webster, but so long as Webster disrupts his routes and throws off the timing...I think we can live with that.

I have no doubts we'll move the ball on offense...but we need to score TDs and not stand for FGs.

The biggest threat is Wes Welker against our secondary in the middle and on third downs. He is a best route runner in the game right now and will burn either Ross or Webster. He will be the biggest threat to stop. Look at the Pats to go for the West Coast offense to tire our D. They wont go the whole she-bang. It will be all passes - quick short ones and the drives will be long. Key will be our pass-rush to stop those third downs. Gronk and Hernandez are always there - but Welker will be the main man. You cant double team 2 people. We need to drop more to coverage and have different looks with people underneath AND over the top....and hope our DL can OWN the Pats OL.

Dome game against great offensive team :ph34r:

-Z

With a pretty good offense ourselves and a much improved defense. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I'll keep saying what I've been saying since the week prior to the Jets game... As long as we SHOW UP... we'll be alright.

With a pretty good offense ourselves and a much improved defense. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I'll keep saying what I've been saying since the week prior to the Jets game... As long as we SHOW UP... we'll be alright.

Oh we'll definitely be alright if we show up. I just can't remember the last time we played well against an explosive offense in a dome.

Maybe our bad karma is only against actual dome teams though. :praying:

-Z

1. gronkowski

2. hernandez

3. turnovers

There is another threat, Wilfolk vs Baas I don't want to see that dirty player Wilfolk hitting ELI late or rolling up on his ankle. Remeber the last Superbowl when he blatantly was trying poke Jacobs in the eye in front of the refs and no flag was tossed?

There is another threat, Wilfolk vs Baas I don't want to see that dirty player Wilfolk hitting ELI late or rolling up on his ankle. Remeber the last Superbowl when he blatantly was trying poke Jacobs in the eye in front of the refs and no flag was tossed?

Last time it was Wilfork versus Diehl, with Baas helping at times. When he was doubled, they handled him ok... when we tried to block him 1 on 1, he got good penetration. The primary responsibility of blocking him will fall to Boothe, though, not Baas. He has to be managed effectively in this game for us to hit some big plays down the field.

Wilfork...get Hynoski to trip...essentially chop blocking Wilfork in the side of the knee...in the first offensive series of the game. I'd take a PF not to see VW the rest of the game.

I'm kidding of course...but I can't say that I wouldn't be a little relieved if it happened

Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, and the offensive line.

Because you know that Eli and the wide receivers are more than likely to come to play....but if we protect Eli and run the ball effectively, we win.

But our run game and pass protection are what I am most concerned about....

Ok, I want to revive this thread. I really think we are all feeling a little too confident about this game, not that it matters much. I'm not sure I like hearing about all the swag from some of the players like Canty, JPP, and such. I hope the Giants know they can very well lose this game if they don't bring it hard.

It's understandable to feel a little overconfident with the win we already had against this team earlier in the year, and also we are coming off two very tough wins where the opponent, on paper, looked like a tougher draw than the Patriots. And sure, the Patriots got here because Lee Evans couldn't secure that ball and Cundiff totally choked. We're a hot team and the defense is playing lights out, and we are playing a QB that isn't very mobile. On paper, the matchups look favorable.

HOWEVA... This Patriots team cannot be taken lightly. Everyone knows Brady is an all-time great. I don't like it, but that's what he is. Gronkowski, if he is good enough to go, is a major problem for anyone. Welker had a phenomenal year and there's that Hernandez guy, too. And as has been said, you can't just ignore Deion Branch because he has rapport with Brady and can hurt you.

It's the mind of Belichek and Brady that worries me to a degree in this game, though. I think Belichek knows we will be able to generate pressure. I expect some early screen passes. And there is a player who really impressed me in preseason that I believe Belichek has kept in his back pocket all year... Stevan Ridley. I think Ridley could play a big role in this game for the Pats. In fact, he already tweeted early in the week that he would be active and he would play. This suggests to me that the coaches have already informed him that he's going to have a role. He has fresh legs, and has a better power running and speed combo than either the Law Firm or Woodhead. I really do believe that BB is going to throw the kitchen sink at the Giants. This isn't going to be the Gronk/Hernandez/Welker show. This is going to be Branch, maybe Ochocinco in there, perhaps, maybe Edelman on a reverse, and passes to Woodhead in the flat. I think we'll see it all, and the Giants are going to have to lay some big time wood on some receivers and ball carriers and try to get some turnovers. I don't see us blanking the Pats, and I do think we're going to need to score at least 28 points to win, maybe more. Anybody else getting a little vibe about this game like I'm getting?

The one thing I'm happy about is that Eli can manage any defensive look they give him. And he'll be able to make some passes against that suspect secondary. As much as their offense is giving me a bit of the willies, I have confidence that our offense is going to give them problems as well.