SportsWrath

Victor Cruz 2011 Highlights

NeMesiS

Cruz started out, you could see, a little rough around the edges in terms of understanding the offense and being on the same page with Eli. Had some drops this season, so does everyone, though. He has really made me a believer. I thought he would be a great slot receiver for years to come and maybe we could get a terrific #2 to play opposite Hakeem Nicks. Boy, has Cruz grown since that first week. He is a playmaker, and he can play in the slot, on the outside, wherever he wants! He's terrific. I just hope we can afford him because he's got some serious $$$ coming. He's under contract for next year at $490K. That's the final year of his deal, they need to work on an extension. You know his agent will be telling him to hold out next season, too. I don't see him playing for $490K next year. Just help us bring back the Lombardi, Victor.

Cruz started out, you could see, a little rough around the edges in terms of understanding the offense and being on the same page with Eli. Had some drops this season, so does everyone, though. He has really made me a believer. I thought he would be a great slot receiver for years to come and maybe we could get a terrific #2 to play opposite Hakeem Nicks. Boy, has Cruz grown since that first week. He is a playmaker, and he can play in the slot, on the outside, wherever he wants! He's terrific. I just hope we can afford him because he's got some serious $$$ coming. He's under contract for next year at $490K. That's the final year of his deal, they need to work on an extension. You know his agent will be telling him to hold out next season, too. I don't see him playing for $490K next year. Just help us bring back the Lombardi, Victor.

Yes...Reese will probably renegotiate his contract before training camp.... :)

Thanks Nem....so happy for this kid...making the league minimum...boy is he going to reap some rewards in terms of a new contract and endorsements... :)

Unless he has a terrible agent I would think he should get some big escalator money. Making the pro bowl I would hope was a bonus in his contract.

As of now I think Cruz is worth mid first rounder rookie salary. Yeah he did an amazing job but this is only his first full season. Consistence is what earn you Larry Fitz money( not saying Cruz is Fitz).

The kid has a knack for finding the ball and snatching it between defenders... and his footwork is superb. I don't mind him making what he's worth... He's made us all forget about Steve Smith... not just by replacing him.. but by completely outplaying him. You know I never liked that Salsa dance... initially.. not I find myself doing it my living room. Cruz made me a believer.

• 2 weeks later...