SportsWrath

John Parry will Officiate Super Bowl

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Word is the NFL picked John Parry as the Super Bowl ref. He was the ref for the 49ers-Saints playoff game and called only three penalties, including no holding calls. During the regular season however, his crew averaged 15.8 flags a game, fourth-most among the 17 crews. His 2.7 holding penalties a game were among the highest. 

Thoughts??

Guest StrahansGap

Don't think bad officiating can undo the 45-7 onslaught the Pats have coming

Our defense is playing at a high level, but if Alex Smith can put up 17, Brady can do alot better than 7. I hope you're right though.

Guest StrahansGap

Inb4 someone comes in with the Giants/Ref conspiracy.

Honestly dont care, refs are refs.

I don't think you've been paying attention. Look at my avatar. Could've been the difference in that game. Last night we got screwed on some questionable calls/non calls as well. And when we last faced the Pats in the Super Bowl, Carey's non-call was the ONLY reason for "the catch" to have been allowed to happen.

You can't just say I don't care...refs are refs. They play more into the outcome of the big games than you think.

I don't think you've been paying attention. Look at my avatar. Could've been the difference in that game. Last night we got screwed on some questionable calls/non calls as well. And when we last faced the Pats in the Super Bowl, Carey's non-call was the ONLY reason for "the catch" to have been allowed to happen.

You can't just say I don't care...refs are refs. They play more into the outcome of the big games than you think.

Exactly it doenst matter what crew you get, refs are refs.

Guest StrahansGap

Exactly it doenst matter what crew you get, refs are refs.

So if Carey wasn't the head official in Super Bowl XLII, the Giants still win? Better yet, if anyone else was officiating that game, they don't blow that play dead?

If you don't like dealing with hypotheticals, fine. But for you to say refs don't matter, is absurd.