SportsWrath

Eli's Legacy

Dragon

Interesting thing I heard on ESPN a second ago. Merrill Hodge (sp?) Said that if the Giants win the Super Bowl, Eli is going to the Hall of Fame. I know he'll be considered the best QB in Giants History, but with his body of work to this point is he HoF worthy?

We dont discuss legacies until we have one. We are against a mofo who has 3 fucking rings trying to go for his fourth just so he can get to his idol Montana. He is building a dynasty there. We just need to have fun, rape their asses, win the fucking SB. Then we can talk about this all offseason. It aint over yet....a huge mountain to climb still :)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thing I heard on ESPN a second ago. Merrill Hodge (sp?) Said that if the Giants win the Super Bowl, Eli is going to the Hall of Fame. I know he'll be considered the best QB in Giants History, but with his body of work to this point is he HoF worthy?

46 Super Bowls....only 5 guys are two time MVPs...Bart Star, Terry Bradsaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady.....and Eli Fucking Manning.

Yeah...I think he has a pretty good shot at the Hall.

C. wagon

46 Super Bowls....only 5 guys are two time MVPs...Bart Star, Terry Bradsaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady.....and Eli Fucking Manning.

C. wagon

With folks estimating he's got another 8 or 9 years...yeah, absolutely has a shot. The only thing that will potentially keep him out is his laid back, take it as it comes, non-aggressive, non-boisterous personality that we all have grown to love and respect.

With folks estimating he's got another 8 or 9 years...yeah, absolutely has a shot. The only thing that will potentially keep him out is his laid back, take it as it comes, non-aggressive, non-boisterous personality that we all have grown to love and respect.

In an era filled with knuckleheads, I think it will be a positive.

If that keeps him out then I will have no respect for the HoF. Eli's personality is absolutely perfect for the NYC area and to be the leader of this team. I believe it was Cruz that said Eli doesn't say much, but when he does... EVERYONE on the team listens. This man doesn't need to be a rah rah leader. As a younger fan (I'm 27) I remember the end of Phil Simms' career and my father telling me about how good he was so I had this idea that Simms was the be all and end all when it came to QB play for the franchise, but Eli imho had been storming up on becoming, and has now become, the Greatest QB in New York Giants history.

As far as HOF is concerned, Eli is in the conversation. A few more 4,000 yard/30ish TD seasons would cement the deal. As far as his Giant legacy, Eli is clearly The Greatest Giant QB of All Time! (and I go back to Charly Conerly & YA!)

C. wagon

I don't know bro. He better grab a couple more to make sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In an era filled with knuckleheads, I think it will be a positive.

If that keeps him out then I will have no respect for the HoF. Eli's personality is absolutely perfect for the NYC area and to be the leader of this team. I believe it was Cruz that said Eli doesn't say much, but when he does... EVERYONE on the team listens. This man doesn't need to be a rah rah leader. As a younger fan (I'm 27) I remember the end of Phil Simms' career and my father telling me about how good he was so I had this idea that Simms was the be all and end all when it came to QB play for the franchise, but Eli imho had been storming up on becoming, and has now become, the Greatest QB in New York Giants history.

I agree that it's definitely a positive for our team. I think Eli's quiet leadership style fits and I have grown to respect it. It took a little bit of time for the league to adjust to it since they're used to the rah rah guys.

I just don't know if the HoF voters are ready to vote in a QB that personifies humility and a team first attitude, while not being overly vocal.

You make a good point.... :) I could do with a couple more nights like last night...

C.W agon

my heart was palpitating so fast and strong I literally thought I'd have a cardiac event. I have never experienced that to such a level as last night. the first SB wasn't even close to this one as far as cardiac abnormalities.

The HOF shouldnt be just about statistics. It should be about which player brings the most to the table. If and when Eli does get in, he will be the most clutch QB in NFL history. His season stats might not be all that great - but then again, offenses change. But what should put him in should be his team first attitude, making people around him better all the time and saying "Zero is the amount of fucks I give if something goes wrong". Clutch play, comebacks, attitude, team player, 2 time SB MVP, improving other players around him with his play should get him in - stats is just the icing.