SportsWrath

How did this just happen?

fishgutmartyr

If you were to tell me in those last dismal weeks of preseason that we'd be playing a game in February, I would have laughed in your face. There should have been no way we get here with the losses we took so early. You guys citing GB last year just made me chuckle. It can't happen two years in a row...

Yet, here we are. I'm often wrong, but it rarely feels this good. This crow tastes like Thanksgiving dinner.

And Eli? I haven't felt this confident with a Giant's QB since late-career Phil Simms, if ever. I think we can put to rest the "can't play in bad weather" argument now.

Yeah....I'm totally shocked.

After the Green Bay game, I felt like this could actually happen....but that 49er game was just brutal....took 2 years off my life.

For real my life has been shortened by the Giants....Jest fans are crying the Blues....literally on the WFAN...saying its going to be a brutal two weeks....enjoy it Jest fans...the two teams you hate most are again in the Super Bowl with the team who shares the Stadium with you going to its 5th Super Bowl since your 1 in 1969...and a chance to win its 4th since again your only lonely one. big%20F-U.gifbig%20F-U.gifbig%20F-U.gif Yeah its a Jests Town....not even in your own Stadium.... :F-U: :F-U: :F-U:

For real my life has been shortened by the Giants....Jest fans are crying the Blues....literally on the WFAN...saying its going to be a brutal two weeks....enjoy it Jest fans...the two teams you hate most are again in the Super Bowl with the team who shares the Stadium with you going to its 5th Super Bowl since your 1 in 1969...and a chance to win its 4th since again your only lonely one. big%20F-U.gifbig%20F-U.gifbig%20F-U.gif Yeah its a Jests Town....not even in your own Stadium.... :F-U: :F-U: :F-U:

Fun times.... :)

Fun times.... :)

Ayup....last night the Moose on WFAN...trying to stir up some controversy about the 69'ers being ripped off because of the non fumble by Bradshaw. Well let me tell you something Moose... Been watching football for over 40 years...and once the players forward progress is stopped the ref can blow the whistle at anytime. The reason why they have forward progress because each gang tackle would turn into a gang war with guys trying to crucify the runner at an attempt to rip the ball out. Just about every play would be a scrum...and also its to reward the offensive team for positive yardage it won and not reward the defense for pushing back.

Ayup....last night the Moose on WFAN...trying to stir up some controversy about the 69'ers being ripped off because of the non fumble by Bradshaw. Well let me tell you something Moose... Been watching football for over 40 years...and once the players forward progress is stopped the ref can blow the whistle at anytime. The reason why they have forward progress because each gang tackle would turn into a gang war with guys trying to crucify the runner at an attempt to rip the ball out. Just about every play would be a scrum...and also its to reward the offensive team for positive yardage it won and not reward the defense for pushing back.

Okay fine, call it a quick whistle.

Fuck them, I'm still waiting for a pass interference call.

You know the funny thing about getting "breaks"? You have to be playing in the fucking game to get them. I'm really sick of this crap. God help the critics if the Giants finish their SECOND run in four years with a Super Bowl win. That whole "fluke" argument won't hold much water anymore.

Breaks my ass. How many shitty calls against us this post season? I'm not even counting ones that could go either way--I'm talking about blatantly piss-poor calls. And holding? I read (don't ask me where, please, I forgot where) there were 9 holding calls throughout this postseason. How many were on us?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7474596/officials-stay-background

Oh, wait. My mistake. I was wrong.

The most noticeable change is the lack of holding penalties. Only seven were called in the eight games played, and five of those were against the Giants in their two games. Three have gone against Giants guard Chris Snee.

That article was before this weekend, so there were more, but we got our share.

Their "controversial call" was one where forward progress was stopped, the RB was being pulled backwards on a pile, and the whistle was blown. It happens all the time, all season long.

The two "breaks" we got? One was a blatant muffed punt that we still had to challenge, and the refs had no choice but to overturn. The other was a clean strip while the player was still vertical and going forward that was simply a great defensive play.

It's not like we got a no-call on PI where even the defender was lying on his back waiting for the flag.

Fuck them.

Exactly. It's the defining difference between NFL and Rugby.

Yes and nobody is talking about the horrific "illegal contact" call on a 3 and 15 or so that extended a scoring drive for the 49ers in the second half.

And even if it was a "quick" whistle so what? Hardly as egregious as the non pass interference call on Seubert in '03. I am sure the football Gods where just trying to restore karmic balance