SportsWrath

Greatest Giants vs 49ers game ever?

Virginia Giant

I wasn't really a football fan in the late 80's, so I didn't see the classic games between these two great franchises, but this was such a great fucking game, among the best I've ever seen.

I am so fucking proud of this team, I can remember how I felt the last time we went to the sb and this is just as good, Eli was just hit play after play and the D kept this game close.

Game ball goes to Devoin Thomas.

Great game, though you will hear alot of people bitching about the refs again.

Honestly the 49ers are a different team this year and this is a classic NFC championship game.

Who knows maybe a new rivalry going on between the Giants and 49ers since I expect them to both meet more in playoffs.

I wasn't really a football fan in the late 80's, so I didn't see the classic games between these two great franchises, but this was such a great fucking game, among the best I've ever seen.

I am so fucking proud of this team, I can remember how I felt the last time we went to the sb and this is just as good, Eli was just hit play after play and the D kept this game close.

This one was less stressful....in the 90 NFC Championship...the 69'ers were going to ice the game away until Howard's helmet deposited the ball into L.T.'s lap.

OMG.... This one was a Classic. Right up there with the Historic Games. I would of Been Sad if we Lost but not Dissapointed. The 49ers played a great game. and deserved it as much as we did. But we came out with the Win.

I am so overjoyed atm....

GO Big Blue

Yup...here's to Cheerleader....plant Tom Brady like a baby tree in the backyard...dig a hole and throw him down in it.

Imagine what it must be like for a head coach to hear nothing but "he's on the hot seat, he's lost his team, etc"

And then him just to go "Oh just lead my team to the Superbowl"

Imagine what it must be like for a head coach to hear nothing but "he's on the hot seat, he's lost his team, etc"

And then him just to go "Oh just lead my team to the Superbowl"

Yup Bro...I am a man who admits his mistakes...Cheerleader is a good/great coach. Now if I could only get a hold called for JPP.... :smartass:

This was special. I'm grateful that so many of us recognize the kind of game that the 49ers played. They played their hearts out, that is a great team. Honestly, BK and Fish, you guys are so right. They deserved it as much as we did. Played the game the way it should be played, and really if the Giants lost I would still feel proud of this team, because the 49ers are such a great opponent, and would represent our conference so well. I'm so elated the Giants pulled this out.

Underrated player.... Jacquian Williams. Not only did he strip that ball from Williams on that punt, but he also made a couple of big plays on 3rd down to put the 49er offense on the sideline. I remember one big pass breakup he had in the 2nd half on 3rd down that was absolutely huge, because the receiver initially was open, and Williams closed the gap and broke up the pass. He played a helluva game.

This game was easily just as good as the 1990 (1991) NFCCG.

In fact, today was like a Nostalgia Game....2 defenses trading punches, every yard at a premium.

i was scared shitless all game. how eli didnt turn the ball over once after all those hits is fucking incredible

well he did but mckenzie was in position to pick it up. probably because the guy he was guarding left him way back there.