SportsWrath

Little Nervous for this Game

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Not going to lie. I was more confident for the Packers game than I am for this one. SF has all the makings of a champion. We do to, but I'm nervous for this one.

Not going to lie. I was more confident for the Packers game than I am for this one. SF has all the makings of a champion. We do to, but I'm nervous for this one.

Totally natural... but you know what.. we're surprised to have made it this far... and I think our team is ready.

LMAO I don;t think there was a game all year where I thought to myself....this ones in the bag...

Giants are classic jeckly Hyde...Might as well flip a coin as to what your going to get this weekend.

The Giants offesnive line is held together with craypaper and staples. The 49ner d was lights out last weekend. You can go back and fourth in your head over this 1000 times.....

Isn;t this what it's all about? That pit in your stomach that nervous felling, the airy feeling you get in your brain right before kickoff.

enjoy it now...only two teams get to play in he NFCC each year..and this year we are there...

LMAO I don;t think there was a game all year where I thought to myself....this ones in the bag...

Giants are classic jeckly Hyde...Might as well flip a coin as to what your going to get this weekend.

The Giants offesnive line is held together with craypaper and staples. The 49ner d was lights out last weekend. You can go back and fourth in your head over this 1000 times.....

Isn;t this what it's all about? That pit in your stomach that nervous felling, the airy feeling you get in your brain right before kickoff.

enjoy it now...only two teams get to play in he NFCC each year..and this year we are there...

There were 3 games where I thought this...both Washington games and Seattle.

http://youtu.be/MP2oWvh6I44

It was? I must have watched the wrong game.

I am more confident about this game than I was about Green Bay.

Giants offense = San Francisco defense

Giants defense > San Francisco offense

I really think that attacking their secondary is doable. 3 WR sets with Nicks/Cruz/Manningham with either a TE/RB, TE/TE, or RB/RB comination. I think we could pass all day out of these sets. With the 3 WRs we have, they can't double them all and they've all shown they can beat single coverage. We need to start the game with quick, decisive throws...get the ball out quickly. Please, no screen/draw plays this week. Their defense is far too quick for them to work particularly well. I'd sooner see the RB release, sit down, and collect a 4 yard pass.

Defensively, I believe we have the ability to single up on their WRs. I think that they'll try to establish the run game given our inability to stop it on a consistent basis this season. Shutting down Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter is priority number 1. Double Vernon Davis with a LB and S and be damn sure to chip the shit out of him when he releases into his pass pattern. Despite the praise, and somewhat deserved praise, that Alex Smith is getting...he still doesn't scare me.

Guest StrahansGap

I know. But this whole week I've had turtle heads popping out all day long. It's a bitch getting the gun belt off my waist, you know?

It was? I must have watched the wrong game.

Yeah I say five turnovers dispite the back and for at the end of the game consitiutes a black out. The 49d took points off the board last week in particular the whinter hit on thomas. yeah you must have...

I am more confident about this game than I was about Green Bay.

Giants offense = San Francisco defense

Giants defense > San Francisco offense

I really think that attacking their secondary is doable. 3 WR sets with Nicks/Cruz/Manningham with either a TE/RB, TE/TE, or RB/RB comination. I think we could pass all day out of these sets. With the 3 WRs we have, they can't double them all and they've all shown they can beat single coverage. We need to start the game with quick, decisive throws...get the ball out quickly. Please, no screen/draw plays this week. Their defense is far too quick for them to work particularly well. I'd sooner see the RB release, sit down, and collect a 4 yard pass.

Defensively, I believe we have the ability to single up on their WRs. I think that they'll try to establish the run game given our inability to stop it on a consistent basis this season. Shutting down Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter is priority number 1. Double Vernon Davis with a LB and S and be damn sure to chip the shit out of him when he releases into his pass pattern. Despite the praise, and somewhat deserved praise, that Alex Smith is getting...he still doesn't scare me.

The giant’s oline is held together with Duct tap and staples.

I would be hard pressed to think Smith is going to pull another rabbit out of his hat against the Giants defense.

Manning has been playing like a champion this year despite a shaky oline.

The run game seems to have revived itself in the playoffs, Jacobs actually bumped some runs to the outside for gains when the gaps closed

Tuck has stopped feeling sorry for himself and the d-line looks unstoppable.

Logically it looks to me like the Giants win...but when do these games ever turn out logical.

The giant’s oline is held together with Duct tap and staples.

I would be hard pressed to think Smith is going to pull another rabbit out of his hat against the Giants defense.

Manning has been playing like a champion this year despite a shaky oline.

The run game seems to have revived itself in the playoffs, Jacobs actually bumped some runs to the outside for gains when the gaps closed

Tuck has stopped feeling sorry for himself and the d-line looks unstoppable.

Logically it looks to me like the Giants win...but when do these games ever turn out logical.

All the motivational crap is pretty much equal for both teams. Neither was expected to make it this far. Everyone counted them out, blah, blah, blah. It's going to come down to execution.

I will say, that if we do go into this game and win, we're well prepared for whichever AFC team wins.

Baltimore = San Francisco --> good defense, running game, mediocre passing

New England = Green Bay --> no defense, little to no running game, high powered offense