SportsWrath

WTF!!!!! Holy Shit and the rest of the explatives

Firstnten

Don't know how many History buffs we have on this site or how many of you would even give a shit.

With the win vs the Packers this week and the Saints losing, seems like the NFL's world has turned upside down.

Swamie sez gave the predictions Packers 30 Giants 20, and He had the Saints over the 9ers as did most.

When Cornwallis surrended to Washington at Yorktown in 1781 they played a song called "The world turned upside down" as the british surrendered. Thought it would be fitting today:

Consiquently Cornwallis was so humilated by the defeat he refused to formally meet with washington to present him with his sword.

Side bar: Shawn O'hara was on sirius NFL during the week and the topic of team leaders came up. Said the Jacobs was a huge motivator for this team called him a "junk yard dog" saying his attitude was a feeder for the team.

Jacobs has been great this year. After last season, I really had my doubts about him, with the histrionics and helmet throwing, etc. Now, seeing him by Coughlin's side all the time, being the consummate teammate, and keeping this team's energy up, I'm sure there should be a place for him on this team next year. As with anything, I'm also sure there will a lot of economics that will factor into it as he enters the final year of his contract. But I'd like to see him back (but still want us to pick up a stud RB in the draft, mind you).

Jacobs has been great this year. After last season, I really had my doubts about him, with the histrionics and helmet throwing, etc. Now, seeing him by Coughlin's side all the time, being the consummate teammate, and keeping this team's energy up, I'm sure there should be a place for him on this team next year. As with anything, I'm also sure there will a lot of economics that will factor into it as he enters the final year of his contract. But I'd like to see him back (but still want us to pick up a stud RB in the draft, mind you).

In his GQ interview he spoke about not being here next year and how he felt like he was giving up on his career. Going souly by what I read and heard in interviews, sounds of the NFL etc. Seems like Jacobs is a huge factor in this teams attitude or lack there of. I never knew this and the fact that is was discussed by O'Hara rang it home even more so for me. He went on to say that you never know when Jacobs is going to get riled up, said he was always up for Dallas and Philly but was flat other times.

All I can say I was ready to thorw this team on the trash heap after the Saints game, and after watching another punk down by Philly AT HOME.

Regardless of what happens I'm still no Fewell fan and I think Reese's FA moves aren't the best. But with results like this how can I even argue this anymore?

Yes, FirstnTen, winning cures all ills. I have to say, I love Reese. He hasn't hit every draft pick out of the park, but for JPP and Nicks alone I have to give him the love. Looking back, this team made a lot of good decisions that at times you could've made a case that those decisions might not be in the best interest of the future of the team. They played chicken with Osi and won, then welcomed him back into the fold... they stuck with Jacobs, and they didn't overpay for Bradshaw, either. The organization is in good hands.

The only thing that gives me pause is if the new Fewell we are seeing is legit, or next season will he revert back to the clumsy schemes we were seeing? Other than that, this year has been pretty satisfying, no matter what happens, you have to believe that the Giants will carry this momentum into next year and be a real force to be reckoned with in the NFC. What a difference a year makes. A year and a couple weeks ago I was on this board railing for the coaches to be thrown out on their ass after they collapsed and finished 10-6, missing the playoffs. This year they are the darlings of the NFL and look like a team that can legitimately beat anybody... with Eli writing NFL history... on, oh yeah, a 9-7 regular season record and a DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP! :wacko:

They look like a team of destiny, but one hitch... so does San Francisco. It's going to be a rough and tumble NFCCG, and my uncle is coming to my house to watch it in the Giants Man Cave on the 55"... it's a rare event when I get to watch a Giants game with my uncle, so I hope they can come through with the victory for us so we can share a great memory together.

Yes, FirstnTen, winning cures all ills. I have to say, I love Reese. He hasn't hit every draft pick out of the park, but for JPP and Nicks alone I have to give him the love. Looking back, this team made a lot of good decisions that at times you could've made a case that those decisions might not be in the best interest of the future of the team. They played chicken with Osi and won, then welcomed him back into the fold... they stuck with Jacobs, and they didn't overpay for Bradshaw, either. The organization is in good hands.

The only thing that gives me pause is if the new Fewell we are seeing is legit, or next season will he revert back to the clumsy schemes we were seeing? Other than that, this year has been pretty satisfying, no matter what happens, you have to believe that the Giants will carry this momentum into next year and be a real force to be reckoned with in the NFC. What a difference a year makes. A year and a couple weeks ago I was on this board railing for the coaches to be thrown out on their ass after they collapsed and finished 10-6, missing the playoffs. This year they are the darlings of the NFL and look like a team that can legitimately beat anybody... with Eli writing NFL history... on, oh yeah, a 9-7 regular season record and a DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP! :wacko:

They look like a team of destiny, but one hitch... so does San Francisco. It's going to be a rough and tumble NFCCG, and my uncle is coming to my house to watch it in the Giants Man Cave on the 55"... it's a rare event when I get to watch a Giants game with my uncle, so I hope they can come through with the victory for us so we can share a great memory together.

My expectations have been exceeded. But I have to say losing to the Siants in the superdome would be much easier for me to take then losing to SanFran. I don't care what anyone says Jim harbaugh strikes me as a pompous asshole.

Also we picked up Bradshaw for nothing becuase no one gave him a decent offer, he tested the market and got nothing. Reese's drafts IMO are hard to argue against, it's ihisf Free agent moves that got me PO'ed. Albiet I have to say I was 1000% wrong about the Smith loss......Smith who?

On a side bar how about "the Dog' saying the gaints are nothing more than a stepping stone for the packers or the Saints. When a team makes it to the NFCC there is no denying they where the ones using others as a stepping stone. Win lose or draw the Giants are a TOP FOUR TEAM IN THE NFL. As increable as it sounds. It's fact.

END OF STORY....

Those of us who witnessed the offseason knew Reese's hands were tied with the cap... most of us were upset when Smith went to the Eagles.. till we found out Smith didn't afford the organization a chance to match.. he basically gave us the middle finger... What has changed for us is the offense... Eli is playing like a man possessed... Nicks is playing physical (after the Redskins game.. I swear it feels someone was reading this baord)... and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise...

Our D is loaded with talent... and my gripe with Fewel is he's not maximizing on that talent... I'm not sold on Fewel... take a way a few dropped passes in the GB game and we're fucking toast. Those receivers were wide fucking open.. and Rodgers picked up what seems to be like a 100 first downs. When evaluating the team, I don't want winning to blind us from seeing falut lines.. and Fewel to me is a weak link... he's no Fox and he's no Spags... we ended the season 9-7... hardly anything to cheer about.. and if it wasn't for the O, we maybe talking draft... top 10 if you ask me. Just look at Wade Phillips was able to do in Houston... don't tell me the Texans have better talent on their D than ours... to warrant 2nd ranked D vs.. whatever the fuck we're ranked defensively.

Those of us who witnessed the offseason knew Reese's hands were tied with the cap... most of us were upset when Smith went to the Eagles.. till we found out Smith didn't afford the organization a chance to match.. he basically gave us the middle finger... What has changed for us is the offense... Eli is playing like a man possessed... Nicks is playing physical (after the Redskins game.. I swear it feels someone was reading this baord)... and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise...

Our D is loaded with talent... and my gripe with Fewel is he's not maximizing on that talent... I'm not sold on Fewel... take a way a few dropped passes in the GB game and we're fucking toast. Those receivers were wide fucking open.. and Rodgers picked up what seems to be like a 100 first downs. When evaluating the team, I don't want winning to blind us from seeing falut lines.. and Fewel to me is a weak link... he's no Fox and he's no Spags... we ended the season 9-7... hardly anything to cheer about.. and if it wasn't for the O, we maybe talking draft... top 10 if you ask me. Just look at Wade Phillips was able to do in Houston... don't tell me the Texans have better talent on their D than ours... to warrant 2nd ranked D vs.. whatever the fuck we're ranked defensively.

Yeah I;m no Fewel fan but Mara doesn't roll like that Fewell will be back IMO.

The Texans do have more talent on D than the Giants. Also for all the man love for Spagnuolo and Fox, they have had their stuggles also. All coaches have ups and downs and to be honest Fewell isn't as bad as posters make him out to be. It's very difficult to be a DC in the current NFL where your hands are constantly tied by rediculous new rules. How come the media doesn't go on and on about the Packers' and Patriots' terrible Ds also. If Bellichick is such a master mind why is his D so terrible?