SportsWrath

Out of curiosity....

Storm

How does Lawrence Tynes not have the leg strength to get the ball up in the air immediately? He lets up on some of those mid range field goals and doesn't get the ball straight up in the air off his foot. He kicked that ball and the dude blocked it standing back at like the defensive line. He does it a lot.

Awesome jobs by the rest of the special teams, though. Seemed like they were expecting that onside kick in the first half.

Tynes has this.

The 49er game will make or break Tynes career And I got confidence in Tynes. He's won a SB before with the NYG and hrs about to be a huge reason why we win another.

Always have confidence in your kicker. Info expect us to be aggressive though on 4 th down around the 35-40 yard line in 49er territory.

Blaming Tynes for the blocked FG and not the guys on the line? After already getting caught with their pants down once this season with the offsides kick, you have to expect that will never happen again since it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

On the block, the defender ran in untouched to the backfield. Not Tynes' fault.

Now, speaking of special teams, do you guys think the new kickoff rules have helped the Giants?

I think so, the last couple of years they've sucked at returns and coverage, specifically coverage. All the touchbacks I think are a net positive.

Blaming Tynes for the blocked FG and not the guys on the line? After already getting caught with their pants down once this season with the offsides kick, you have to expect that will never happen again since it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

they barely got any penetration and he stood on the 30 yard line. It was like an extra point and he was slow and methodical about it and kicked a line drive directly into the line of scrimmage. It's not the first block he's had this season the same exact way.

they barely got any penetration and he stood on the 30 yard line. It was like an extra point and he was slow and methodical about it and kicked a line drive directly into the line of scrimmage. It's not the first block he's had this season the same exact way.

That's almost all false. Greg Jones ran into the backfield and blocked it, untouched. And, a 40 yard field goal is hardly an extra point.

Go about 2:20 in.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012011501/2011/POST19/giants@packers#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

That's almost all false. Greg Jones ran into the backfield and blocked it, untouched. And, a 40 yard field goal is hardly an extra point.

Go about 2:20 in.

http://www.nfl.com/g...hts&tab=analyze

you must have the same feeling about kickers as the Giants front office. A 40 yard field goal should be a chip shot for any professional kicker. It's a hassle and a 50-50 shot with Tynes. Every time.

And he had plenty of time to get that UP IN THE AIR. But he was slow and methodical about it (again) and kicked a line drive directly into him.

Matt Prater makes that kick over top the "rusher'. So do 29 other field goal kickers in the NFL.

That's why I blame Tynes.

Laws of physics man... the trigectory of the ball... If you try to aim the ball high from the get-go then expect a really high kick without much distance (kindda like my 20 yeard punts). I think Tynes sucks but that FG beging blocked was not his fault.

Sorry Storm...The block fieldgoal was not Tynes' fault.

Kicking the ball off out of bounds at a crucial time, at any time, is inexcusable.

This is going to be a sloppy track where field position is huge. the Niners have the 2nd best kicking tandem in the NFL. (Oakland first)

He better have his big boy panties on..

Thats false. Jones was directly in front of him. I don't know what you're watching.

Tynes needs to get that ball out and up as soon as it's down. He doesn't. That's why the line "broke down" after several seconds and allowed the kick to STILL be blocked.

Laws of physics man... the trigectory of the ball... If you try to aim the ball high from the get-go then expect a really high kick without much distance (kindda like my 20 yeard punts). I think Tynes sucks but that FG beging blocked was not his fault.

That's the point though, you don't, or shouldn't, need to line drive drill 40 yard and under field goals. They need to be up in the air. You drill 50 yarders. Which is why, it seems to be true though I have not looked for corroboration anywhere, long kicks like that are blocked more often.

Tynes attempts every kick like it's an NFL record because he has no leg strength, which is also why you see the wind blow his kicks 20 yards wide.