SportsWrath

Top Heros from yesterday

osi724dasack

Michael Boley: 2 sacks and great all around play all day!

Eli (obvious reason)

Hakeem "the dream" Nicks:

same as Eli but my goodness has this dude displayed tremendous game breaking ability with hands, strength, power and blazing speed. This guy is far and away our #1 WR for good and is just a phenomenal player.

Ahmad Bradshaw: great run and great smarts to get out of bounds before the half with :06 seconds left.

Kareem McKenzie: did a nice job containing Matthews. Clay got his hits on Eli, but they were all late hits. (no flags, yet Osi got a flag on a clean hit)

Antrel Rolle: dude started out a little lost, but love him or hate him he was EVErywhere!!! Ok he had some poor tackling and was lost out there at times, but the man kept his swagger and confidence and turned it into a real nice game.

Kenny Phillips: another great under the radar game for Kenny! People wanna rag on him cuZ they all hoped after that Dallas Monday nighter in 2009 that he'd be the next Ed Reed or Troy Palamalu, but ya know what? That's no him, he's Kenny Phillips and he's just big, athletic Saftey who plays the deep ball as good as anyone and can make a devastating hard hit on ball carrier or a WR. The man deserves his props and also deserves his own identity. Not The guy who never turned into Ed Reed and is a bust.

Continued...

Deon Grant: dude is that savy vet leader!!! Just like Sam Madison and RW Mc25! He can still Do his job also.

Prince: the rookie got

Meaningful snaps and did a solid

Job!!! Confidence is back in the prince!

Jaquain Williams: rookie 6th round pick from USF who nobody including Mel Kiper an Todd Mcshay have heard anything about before The draft has been playing meaningful snaps for us and has shown that he's the most athletic LB w have. They put him on TEs, wRs, RBs and he keeps up with them!!! Kid still has a TON of work to Do and is still not a real good player, but hea still raw. In 3 years your gonna love this man !

Chase Blackburn: the guy has made some nice plays and has been good against the run, he's always in the right spot. Dude might be a

Horrible athlete, but he can just ball out!

Derrick Martin: we now know why hes been on the 53 all year. Special teams ace!!!! That catch on the surprise onside kick was money!

Osi!!!! 2 sacks and a

Strip!!!!

I maybe forgetting some

Guest StrahansGap

The OL were goats for not estabslishing the run... Tynes sucks balls of course...

Nas, I think it's safe to say we're not a running team. I think we're dead last in rushing if I'm not mistaken. The o-line was unstoppable on the pass plays yesterday. They were phenomenal.

Hakeem for the big plays... Cruz for the third-down catches that kept pivotal drives alive.

Both running backs for coming up big in the clutch, and having great field vision for those cutback runs... Jacobs for putting the game away late and Bradshaw for setting up the Hakeem bomb.

Eli Manning is shutting up all of his doubters.

The entire secondary gets the nod from me. Amazing that Nelson had what, 3 catches? And aside from Driver's garbage touchdown they didn't give up really any big plays. That is one of the best offensive teams in the league and the Giants secondary, with injury depletion and really only 3 solid cornerbacks and 2 pretty decent safeties, held them in check all game.

And it wasn't like we were getting much of a pass rush, either.

Pass protection was outstanding. Considering the relatively quiet days from Tuck and JPP the defense and their ability to stick with the Packer receivers was very impressive. And Nicks just WOW. Hes emerging into the top receiver we expected coming into this season.

The entire secondary gets the nod from me. Amazing that Nelson had what, 3 catches? And aside from Driver's garbage touchdown they didn't give up really any big plays. That is one of the best offensive teams in the league and the Giants secondary, with injury depletion and really only 3 solid cornerbacks and 2 pretty decent safeties, held them in check all game.

And it wasn't like we were getting much of a pass rush, either.

The secondary has been really outstanding the last 2 games. No big plays and both teams have good WRs.

Our secondary played well...I'll give them that. But they were helped out a good bit by drops by GB receivers too.

Even a lot of the drops were shorter passes, the mere fact that we are holding guys to completions of 5 yards or less and actually making tackles speaks volumes about how far that side of the ball has come. Think back to the Eagles game....if we had been able to, on several occasions, make one god damn tackle on a receiver running free with the football, we would have won the game. And really, that's what the better teams are doing these days, the quick passes and getting the ball to their playmakers in order for them to try to make a play.

And because I don't think Fewell is a bad DC, this is a huge reason why the defense looks better. Players are getting where they need to be and wrapping up the ball carrier.

Our Defense went from bad to mediocre.. hardly an endorsement for Fewel. Seeing what Phillips has done with the Texans is nothing short of amazing... I'm tired of not having a steady DC... say what you will about Gilbride but he's steady.. and our O is reaping the results... Upgrade the DC position and this team is top 5 in the league...

GB shot themselves in the foot.. There were times when I was screaming at the TV because Rolle didn't seem to react when the ball is already in the air... only for it to hit a wide open receiver...

Our Defense went from bad to mediocre.. hardly an endorsement for Fewel. Seeing what Phillips has done with the Texans is nothing short of amazing... I'm tired of not having a steady DC... say what you will about Gilbride but he's steady.. and our O is reaping the results... Upgrade the DC position and this team is top 5 in the league...

GB shot themselves in the foot.. There were times when I was screaming at the TV because Rolle didn't seem to react when the ball is already in the air... only for it to hit a wide open receiver...

blah blah blah, we're one game from the Super Bowl. It's old. He's not going anywhere, and he really didn't do a bad job with the defense once the players got the shit out of their pants.

blah blah blah, we're one game from the Super Bowl. It's old. He's not going anywhere, and he really didn't do a bad job with the defense once the players got the shit out of their pants.

Agreed, although he was suspect before the Jets game.

Nas you need to chill

We are one win from the superbowl and are the most dangerous team remaining.

The O is on fire, an the D is playing amazing football since week 16, and if Tynes gets his shit together our Sts are solid as a rock.

Yeah, this defense has come together, but it's a combination of things. Players have gotten sharper, the defense has gotten healthier, and Perry Fewell has game planned better and has done better job calling good plays situationally. That is the reason for the turnaround. I think calling a turd a turd earlier in the year was completely justified, but you also have to give the guy credit... he has seemed to have learned from the regular season's mistakes. Right now I have no issue with Fewell... as long as he continues to stay aggressive and not revert back to the abysmal schemes we were seeing.

I'm really enjoying this playoff run. That win in Green Bay was one of the more satisfying ones for me. I got to rub it in to my brother-in-law a bit because he is the most obnoxious Packer fan I've ever known.

And Nas, just remember, the O-line is just 5 guys. You can't ask the O-line to block everyone. It's a numbers game and the Pack was selling out on the run on some of those stops, getting more guys in there than the O-line can block. The did miss some blocks, though, that is for sure. All's well that ends well. Keep the positive vibes up for this Sunday!