SportsWrath

Referees sucked ass

JMFP

It's what made the win so amazing. That was a badly called game and everything just went the packers way. The Osi call was ridiculous when you consider earlier in the game Eli was hit helmet to helmet by Bush I believe after he threw the ball.

It's what made the win so amazing. That was a badly called game and everything just went the packers way. The Osi call was ridiculous when you consider earlier in the game Eli was hit helmet to helmet by Bush I believe after he threw the ball.

There were more than that--Mathews made a nasty habit of hitting Manning from behind after he threw. I don't mind QBs being treated like football players, but if you're not going to call repeated hits by Mathews, then don't call it on a clean hit by Osi, either. Especially when Osi's hit was while Rodgers was in his throwing motion.

It's also rather remarkable that the Giants seem to be the only team in the playoffs holding.

Like the Jest game

There were more than that--Mathews made a nasty habit of hitting Manning from behind after he threw. I don't mind QBs being treated like football players, but if you're not going to call repeated hits by Mathews, then don't call it on a clean hit by Osi, either. Especially when Osi's hit was while Rodgers was in his throwing motion.

It's also rather remarkable that the Giants seem to be the only team in the playoffs holding.

Clay Matthews is a huge faggot.

Clay Matthews was a beast out there tonight.

Chasing Bradshaw down from one side of the field to the other, running down another play from the other side of the field, etc.

I think he was the fastest linebacker on the field and always in a position to make a play. Hope Jacquain Williams becomes that kinda player.

That was truly flabbergasting.....two blown calls, which resulted in 2 Green Bay TDs. Throw in the crappy spot on DJ Ware's run, and those were 3 drives that they basically shafted the Giants on.

They were also looking the other way for multiple holds on JPP and late, dirty hits on Eli.

I dont know....but I think there is something fishy. One is calling bad plays on the field...the other is to not acknowledge it after video footage whenever everyone and their grandmothers knew it was a fumble. If the Packer fumbles werent so blatant I think the Packers would have challenged and the refs would have overturned it easily. It was almost like the Mafia had bet on the Packers and had kidnapped the Refs families! No other explanation.

I dont know....but I think there is something fishy. One is calling bad plays on the field...the other is to not acknowledge it after video footage whenever everyone and their grandmothers knew it was a fumble. If the Packer fumbles werent so blatant I think the Packers would have challenged and the refs would have overturned it easily. It was almost like the Mafia had bet on the Packers and had kidnapped the Refs families! No other explanation.

My old man has a crazy conspiracy theory that I never bought but after this season, I think he may be on to something.

in 2001, when the NFL season started they were using scab referees because the official NFL refs were on strike (they didn't get paid enough). Wellington Mara was the owner that was most against the pay increase, and was fairly vocal about it. Then 9/11 happened, and the ref strike was over due to the national emergency. My old man thinks that the refs are still pissed about it... not so much that they throw the games, but that every "close" call they award to the other team, and that they collectively agree to have one to two bullshit calls every game go against the Giants.

After that fumble, DJ Ware spot, Osi late hit, etc. I almost think he might be on to something.

I never buy into the "the refs are in the tank" talk.....but I'm almost prepared too on that "fumble"....the Osi hit....borderline.....the Ware spot......a bad spot...its happens....but that "replay".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyP157p4SEQ

Seriously...how the fuck does that not get called a fumble? It is a PLAYOFF GAME...you know NFL Inc in New York was in the loop....how does that get blown.

Take away the bad calls...and the insane call...and the Gman ass rape these guys 37 to 13 ....minimum.

Hope the Giants push on this and dont' let them off the hook. There is something fucked up there.

C.Wagon

Even NFL.com are criticising the Refs:

Giants leap out of Lambeau

Many believed the Giants would put up a good fight against the Packers at Lambeau Field. Some believed New York could even win. But could anyone have predicted Green Bay laying a total egg?

In a divisional round marked by surprises, the Packers' performance in their 37-20 loss might have represented the biggest shock of all.

Green Bay was plagued by turnovers (four), dropped passes (eight), poor defensive execution (37 points allowed) and even some uncharacteristically poor throws from Aaron Rodgers, who had been nearly perfect over the Packers' first 16 games of the season.

But make no mistake: The Giants earned this win, overcoming both the defending Super Bowl champions and some brutal officiating that led to 14 Packers points. Eli Manning (21-of-33 passing, 330 yards, three TDs, one interception) is playing out of his mind right now. Throw in some wild pointing gestures and gibberish talk at the line of scrimmage, and you would've swore Peyton was playing for Big Blue.

Next stop is San Francisco, where the Giants meet the 49ers with the franchise's fifth trip to the Super Bowl on the line. The 49ers beat the Giants 27-20 back in Week 10. These two teams last faced each other in the conference championship in Jan. 20, 1991, when Bill Parcells' Giants knocked off the heavily favored 49ers on Matt Bahr's last-second, 42-yard field goal.

The final score of that game was 15-13, the type of defensive struggle you'd expect next week. But then again, this postseason has showed us that past performance doesn't guarantee future

I'll admit I'm hyper sensitive about calls against the Giants.

This morning, I was glad to see the media was also in agreement that this game called poorly, and in a completely lopsided fashion.

I guess that helps explain the 15-1 record and "Lambeau Mystique"

We are talking about a multi-billion dollar industry being officiated by guys with other day jobs. It's fucking crazy.

The NFL should find some ex-players, and give them an ass-kicking full time gig as officials....seems to work for the NHL.

Fish - so true on the hold calls....once again a phantom call on Snee. His block was inside the frame of the defender.

Seph - I heard the same story about Wellington and the Refs labor issues.....wouldn't be surprised if there is some lingering resentment.

On Grant's fumble I was grumbling that McCarthy should challenge because every call was going the Packer's way. :ph34r:

It's even more strange because the first fumble (that wasn't) was first ruled a fumble but some other ref decided it wasn't... so we got to challenge the call instead of the Packers...

Wait these refs don't get paid full time wages???

I thought these mofos were making 6 figures!!!

Wow that explains it, who wouldn't take money from the mafia or anyone for that matter to help fix a game.

Vegas still was half right. O/u was 53 1/2 And there was what 60 points??

I won atleast $200 since I took the Giants -3 and the over

Wait these refs don't get paid full time wages???

I thought these mofos were making 6 figures!!!

Wow that explains it, who wouldn't take money from the mafia or anyone for that matter to help fix a game.

Vegas still was half right. O/u was 53 1/2 And there was what 60 points??

I won atleast $200 since I took the Giants -3 and the over

They aren't full time....they are contract employees, and many of them are corporate CEOs. It's just another country club deal for them.

The pay is fine, but this isn't their main gig, and it shows.

They aren't full time....they are contract employees, and many of them are corporate CEOs. It's just another country club deal for them.

The pay is fine, but this isn't their main gig, and it shows.

Wow that needs to

Change!!!

It should be like MLB! Unnacceptable, this is a multi billion dollar industry, and i demand MLB level refs!!!

MLB Umps are The best in sports. IMO.