SportsWrath

I Want Sinorice Moss As Our 1st Pick....

Plax 4 Prez

If I could interrupt the juvenile name calling for a minute and return to the topic at hand.

Moss would be a horrible selection at 25. Heck, he might even be there when we pick in the second and I don't think I'd want him then. First of all, there is no way our #1 pick should be spent on a receiver. Secondly, Moss likely only contributes on Special Teams this season and we don't have a glaring need for him there. Third, he's a diminutive guy who may not hold up to the pounding an NFL wideout takes. Before you bring up Steve Smith or Santana Moss for an argument remember there are a lot more "smurfs" who didn't measure up, than those that did.

Move Eric Moore to the middle? Do you even know what the guy looks like? You can argue that Moore isn't even big enough to play Defensive End on this team and you want to move him inside and play Tackle? That might be the most ridiculous statement I've heard this offseason, and lets face it, there have been a lot to choose from.

F moss, yeah moore is 40-50 lb's under for that position but as of right now who is gonna play LDT?

Wouldnt' want Moss in the first. He didn't have much production for a player with his skills. The only two wideouts worth that first rounder are Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes. If Moss were there in the second I would take him into consideration, but there are quite a few players that may be available at 25 that will be better pick than Sinorice(Deangelo Williams, Demeco Ryans, Chad Greenway, Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, Laurence Maroney, Bobby Carpenter, Donte Whitner, Antonio Cromartie, etc)

Moss is nothing more than a punt returner in the NFL. If the Giants, or any team for that matter, waste a first round pick on this dwarf, they've assured themselves of the wrath of their fans for a decade.

Steve Smith is the same size

Guest Lockhart
Jake Delhomme throws an accurate pass.

Good Point - Opie overthrows a 6'6" Plaxico - drafting a short receiver would be a waste of money.

Please tell me you've got something more than identical height to Steve Smith as a reason to pimp Moss.

Lol.. it's not that, I just hate when people say they don't like him cause of his size... if Carter could catch the ball or Taylor could stay healthy then we wouldn't need a 3rd... and anyways how come Tyree never gets consideration for our 3rd WR?? Is there a reason for that? I like Moss because he's quick and versatile, but we do need someone to step up in the 3rd reciever department

Please stick to badminton, as you obviously know nothing about football.

:TD:

And you retort with an insult like that, which means you lost the argument decisively.

No, I wouldn't want Sinorice at #25 over some other guys, but to totally write him off as an NFL failure is completely ignorant, especially when his brother, with similar attributes, is currently a #1 WR

Guest Nutty Sack
:TD:

And you retort with an insult like that, which means you lost the argument decisively.

No, I wouldn't want Sinorice at #25 over some other guys, but to totally write him off as an NFL failure is completely ignorant, especially when his brother, with similar attributes, is currently a #1 WR

We used that logic in 2004 and now look at the mess we're in. Enough with the brother acts !!

If I could interrupt the juvenile name calling for a minute and return to the topic at hand.

Moss would be a horrible selection at 25. Heck, he might even be there when we pick in the second and I don't think I'd want him then. First of all, there is no way our #1 pick should be spent on a receiver. Secondly, Moss likely only contributes on Special Teams this season and we don't have a glaring need for him there. Third, he's a diminutive guy who may not hold up to the pounding an NFL wideout takes. Before you bring up Steve Smith or Santana Moss for an argument remember there are a lot more "smurfs" who didn't measure up, than those that did.

Move Eric Moore to the middle? Do you even know what the guy looks like? You can argue that Moore isn't even big enough to play Defensive End on this team and you want to move him inside and play Tackle? That might be the most ridiculous statement I've heard this offseason, and lets face it, there have been a lot to choose from.

Agree on Moss. He simply isn't qualified to be a 1st round pick (on the basis of being undersized and unproductive in college), especially for a team 4 tremendous receiving threats. Although if he were available in the 2nd round, I might be tempted to pull the trigger.

I have no idea how anyone could expect Eric Moore -- an LB/DE tweener -- to contribute at DT...

I think we should get Moss WR, then worry about the CB position later... as for DT I hope Eric Moore can make some sort of presance... Toomer has atleast 2-3 years left in him, but in that 2-3 year process if we have Moss as 3rd for now, then when Toomer leaves we put him at #2, then that following year get another WR from the draft... here's the top 5 WR's in the draft

Top 5 Wide Receivers

Rank Player ------School --------Height -----Weight 40-yard dash

1 ----Chad Jackson Florida----- 6-0 7/8 ----------213 -----4.35

2 ----Santonio Holmes Ohio State 5-10 5/8 -------178 ----- 4.40

3 ----Sinorice Moss Miami (Fla.) 5-8 -------------- 185 ------ 4.37

4 ----Derek Hagan Arizona State 6-1½ ---------- 205 ------- 4.46

5 ----Greg Jennings Western Michigan 5-11 1/8 197------- 4.48

we realisticly don't know if he'll still be around, but I think he should... he's short and skinny, so I don't know what you guys think of him, but he quick and has great hands....

let me know what you guys think

Not to mention the pedigree.

Randy Moss

Santana Moss

Sinorice Moss

Lol.. it's not that, I just hate when people say they don't like him cause of his size... if Carter could catch the ball or Taylor could stay healthy then we wouldn't need a 3rd... and anyways how come Tyree never gets consideration for our 3rd WR?? Is there a reason for that? I like Moss because he's quick and versatile, but we do need someone to step up in the 3rd reciever department

Size is a legitimate concern when discussing receiving talent. These guys have to take hits from safeties and linebackers that sometimes outweigh them by 50 pounds. FWIW, Steve Smith wasn't a first rounder either.

Tyree doesn't have well developed receiving skills. He'll likely never be more than a special teamer for us.

I still don't get where people say we need better play from the 3rd receiver. That position is the 5th option in our passing attack. It's like saying the only thing holding us back from being the top offense in the league is better receiving numbers from our fullback. We have much greater concerns thatn 3rd wideout.

agreed

I dont hold Moss's size against him like many do. An easy rebutle to the fact that Moss is very much like his brother and Smith in size is, "well there has been plenty of midgets that have failed and arent in the NFL now". I dont buy into that at all, and think that is a very unfair assetment of Sinorice. Sinorice is a very good prospect in his own right, should he be hyped because of the recent success of Smith and his brother? Well yea and no.

Since the "new" rule 2 years ago DBs have really struggled vs the smaller quicker WR. We seen that first hand in our second game vs the Redskins and in the playoff loss vs Carolina. We know how important a player like that can be to an offense, especially if he can develop like those two. Moss did very well in all of the drills and although hasnt had the most success at the college level he has all the skills necessary to make a fine transition to the NFL just like his brother and Smith.

The midget also known as Sinorice Moss, has a 42" vertical jump, the best at his position in the draft. Chad Jackson ran the fastest 40 for a WR at 4.36, Moss ran a 4.38. If you remember the senior bowl Moss actually blew by Tye Hill for a TD, Hill who is considered the fastest of every prospect this year. Moss has amazing acceleration which would be a great complement to Toomer, Plax, and Shockey. He would help bring a new demension and look to our offense. Moss isnt just speed he also has soft hands and can bring in the tough catch. Believe me, his comparisons to his Brother go far beyond his name, and his comparsions to Smith go far beyond his size.

It seems risky to take a reciever that early who wont contribute much right away on offense and who wont see the field very often while we are on special teams. Especially since there will be equal talent available at other positions at that point. But trashing him as a player because he is an undersized reciever is rediculous considering two of this years best recievers were "midgets".

Im not saying Moss is going to be as good as Smith or Santana but he has the potential to be very effective and thats what you're dafting with any prospect in any draft. His potential. Am I pulling for Sinorice? no, theres a few prospects I like at 25, some I think will make a better selection and a better overall player. Would I be disappionted if he is drafted? no, because he has the talent to be a very dangerous wideout in this league.

The only reciever I would feel comfortable taking in the 1st is Chad Jackson. He has everything it takes to be a great WR. Chances are he isnt going to be there when we pick. If its Moss I would prefer to go in a different direction, because Carter can still make defenses worry about his speed and ability to stretch the field (when Healthy). Although we dont use our 3rd reciever much anyway a player like Jackson would be nice to have as an eventual replacement to Toomer. If Moss is there in the second round, we take him with out even thinking twice... But he wont be there that late in the second.

We used that logic in 2004 and now look at the mess we're in. Enough with the brother acts !!

Tiki has a twin brother in the NFL do you have a problem with him or would you like us to trade him because you don't feel as tough talent runs in the family.....Would you have a problem with the Giants getting TT (Tikis Twin)?

Fellas the giants are in position with a solid draft to

to make alot happen. EA drafts for talent

and the truth is we just dont know what he will do.

The glaring weakness's we have our mostly on D !!

With that said DT right now is the weakest position I see.

We have 3 legit players and if J. Seawright is legit than

we are in bigger trouble than I thought. With Robbins, Joseph

and Ducket we have a huge hole at DT. But if we cant draft

a player to help those 3 what will happen?

Is EA gonna sign Brickner?? If not I dont see the Giants going into

the season with Robbins, joseph, ducket and seawright.

THe LB position is a little more stable with Short and Arrington sigining.

If we draft a LB (carpenter etc..) we have a pretty good handel on this area.

CB is another weak spot. Peterson is probably gone so does webster start?

Deloatch? RW ? I dont see a strong starter on the otherside of Madison if

Peterson is gone. So CB is a weak spot. Can Ernie pass up a CB knowing

dam well we need help??

LT is still a concern and if a good talent comes into round 2 or 3 i fine with that

but a WR is insane in this draft. I know EA picks talent first but this team

with the right holes filled can honesty go very deep in the playoffs.

If there ever was a year that i would put need in front of talent first it

would be this year!

I hope I didnt offend anyone! :rolleyes:

Guest Nutty Sack

This post is a prime example of the type of Giant fan the Fab Four have to deal with. Narrow minded ,satisfied to pick a guy who might show a flash here and there with no thought to the fact that this is a team game and you win with defense. Can you intelligent posters please come to our defense ?? Come on their must be a degree of footbal knowledge out there ?? Why in a million years would a Sinorice Moss make us a better team next year ?? It would be akin to throwing away a first round pick.

Pleae can I speak with someone with football savy here??

With Toomer, Plax and Carter taking up huge cap money combined that will warrant them getting playing time, drafting a guy who at best will be the 3rd WR in 06 makes little or no sense. This team needs a DT, could use another quality DB and may deem a RB as the best player available an option as a future replacement for Tiki(doubtful). Now if you told me the Giants could trade out of their first rounder for more picks and a later first rounder(to a team that maybe sees a guy they want) and then take Moss as a BPA and get more second or third round picks then maybe it makes sense, but to simply take him in RD 1 IMO is not in the teams best interest.

BTW do not count out the Giants bringing it Ricky Proehl after the draft on a cap friendly veteran deal to be a 3rd or 4th WR and a good influence on our WR corps.

This post is a prime example of the type of Giant fan the Fab Four have to deal with. Narrow minded ,satisfied to pick a guy who might show a flash here and there with no thought to the fact that this is a team game and you win with defense. Can you intelligent posters please come to our defense ?? Come on their must be a degree of footbal knowledge out there ?? Why in a million years would a Sinorice Moss make us a better team next year ?? It would be akin to throwing away a first round pick.

Pleae can I speak with someone with football savy here??

i'm sorry. you cant !! now run along. :drool: