SportsWrath

Friends Romans and Countrymen

Firstnten

lend me your ears!

I come to bury the regular season, not to praise it.

The evil that men do lives after them,

The good is oft interred with their bones;

So let it be with the regular season.

The saints game still haunts me......but you can't argue with results.

Going to the frozen tundra...does it get any better than this?

It will get better should we beat GB...

I'm a cautiously optimistic guy. I think we can beat GB given how close we played them earlier in the year and given our defense has actually grown a set of balls since then. But you're right about the NO game and the nervousness it gives us fans.

Inevitably, there will be someone who is so overconfident, they'll ask the question this week: "who'd you rather face after we beat GB, NO or SF?" I won't be the guy asking that question.

It will get better should we beat GB...

I'm a cautiously optimistic guy. I think we can beat GB given how close we played them earlier in the year and given our defense has actually grown a set of balls since then. But you're right about the NO game and the nervousness it gives us fans.

Inevitably, there will be someone who is so overconfident, they'll ask the question this week: "who'd you rather face after we beat GB, NO or SF?" I won't be the guy asking that question.

I'm tired of Rodgers car commercials, and I soured on Green bay with the whole favre debacle. I don't know what to think about this Giants team anymore. They played Greebay and San Fran hard this year. They got smoked by the Saints. I can safely say I don;t want to see them play the saint for the NFCC at the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome"

It seems confidence with this is team runs streaky. And they can get down on themselves and give up.

I'm tired of Rodgers car commercials, and I soured on Green bay with the whole favre debacle. I don't know what to think about this Giants team anymore. They played Greebay and San Fran hard this year. They got smoked by the Saints. I can safely say I don;t want to see them play the saint for the NFCC at the "Mercedes-Benz Superdome"

It seems confidence with this is team runs streaky. And they can get down on themselves and give up.

We're consistently inconsistent...I'm hoping the better defense and running game we've been seeing actually continues. It'll have to if we want to continue in the playoffs.

We're consistently inconsistent...I'm hoping the better defense and running game we've been seeing actually continues. It'll have to if we want to continue in the playoffs.

The kept playing this song during the game this weekend, Seemed fitting

The Saints are basically un-stoppable in the Superdome. Nobody is going to want to play the Saints at home but on the road they are beatable. It's very possible that 49ers do win.

The Saints are basically un-stoppable in the Superdome. Nobody is going to want to play the Saints at home but on the road they are beatable. It's very possible that 49ers do win.

That would be IMO our best chance. Albeit the Saints looked unstoppable after the first qtr vs the Lions this weekend IMO. Thomas looked like a man possessed. No holes no problem.I'll just bump it to the outside for a gain...

Giants @ 49ers championship- Shades of 1990. I would freakin love that.

Giants @ 49ers championship- Shades of 1990. I would freakin love that.

Man, I'm getting these flashes of Terrel Owens dancing in the endzone and Strahan pointing at the scoreboard...but that's weird 'cause I know that shit never happened. Never happened.

That would be IMO our best chance. Albeit the Saints looked unstoppable after the first qtr vs the Lions this weekend IMO. Thomas looked like a man possessed. No holes no problem.I'll just bump it to the outside for a gain...

Unlike Detroit, the 49ers know how to tackle.

Unlike Detroit, the 49ers know how to tackle.

Exactly, I think people get undisciplined and physical, mixed up sometimes. The 49ers are physical, both on offense and d. I see them matching up with the Saints D, better then the Saints O will match up with their D. They will exploit the Saints secondary, which is bad, with Davis and Crabtree, Ginn can also break one at anytime on returns. Willis and Bowman will be able to pressure Brees up the middle, along with Brooks and Smith from the edge. I have no idea why the Saints are favored.

Exactly, I think people get undisciplined and physical, mixed up sometimes. The 49ers are physical, both on offense and d. I see them matching up with the Saints D, better then the Saints O will match up with their D. They will exploit the Saints secondary, which is bad, with Davis and Crabtree, Ginn can also break one at anytime on returns. Willis and Bowman will be able to pressure Brees up the middle, along with Brooks and Smith from the edge. I have no idea why the Saints are favored.

The Saints' OLine isn't known for giving up sacks. There's a reason Brees has put up record numbers this year.

The Saints' OLine isn't known for giving up sacks. There's a reason Brees has put up record numbers this year.

Its some OLine and its some Brees moving in the pocket. Fairley got through and was a step too late cause of what Brees does. Like Joe said its does help when you can hold on every play. San Fran got 42 and The Saints gave up only 24. Part of it is also Graham being a huge safety valve for Brees, Willis is not so bad in coverage and they have Dashon Goldshon, who played great at S. Should be interesting to see what wins out.

Been looking forward to this rematch since the first game ended and I knew we'd see them again in the playoffs.

Thats a bold statement. At the tail end of a 4 game losing streak you where sure we where going to the playoffs. I wish I has this type of optimisim.