SportsWrath

Playoff Heroes

Treehugger

Nicks: Goes without saying. Hell of a game dispite being raped by the refs. Some great run-blocking too.

Webster: Neutralised Roddy White all game.

Canty: I've given him a lot of shit in the past but I believe a good part of our defensive resurgence has been because of solid play from our DTs, especially Canty (I'd still like to see more from Joseph). Those two 4th down stops were huge.

Eli: I BELIEVE! That TD pass to Manningham was an absolutely perfect ball.

Congratulations to the D from not only constaining a potentially explosive offense but for SHUTTING THEM OUT! Green Bay should be nervous.

lol you just had to throw that one in there.

I'll say this about Cory Webster. He isn't a top 5 CB in this league because of his consistency but definitely top ten. He will have games you want to forget and he will have games where he steps up and shuts a guy down better than any CB in the league. He played a hellova game just like the rest of the defense and you know it because Roddy was sick of having Webster closer to him than his own shadow.

The reason why the defense is doing better is because people are doing what they're supposed to be doing for a change.

Agreed...

Rolle an Phillips were also money.

In addition to the guys mentioned.....

Rocky Bernard and Linval Joseph.....great job on the interior, all game.

Brandon Jacobs.....the big diesel got rolling.

Bradshaw....some nifty cutbacks, plus excellent work as an outlet receiver in the 2nd half.

Also, Prince Amukumara (sorry about spelling).....the kid came in when Ross got hurt and handled his business.

Coughlin: pushed all the right buttons, has the team believing in themselves.

Fewell: has this defense playing aggressive 60 minute defense.

Gilbride: kept the pressure on....the best defense is not giving the other team the ball.

I'll give Tynes a pass. He is allowed to miss at least 4 kicks over the course of a season. I don't kick field goals for a living so I don't know if it is that much harder to kick a 50+ yarder over a 30 yarder. I know that he'll come through when we need it like he usually does, and a bit of nail biting.

everyone but tynes.

lol you just had to throw that one in there.

I'll say this about Cory Webster. He isn't a top 5 CB in this league because of his consistency but definitely top ten. He will have games you want to forget and he will have games where he steps up and shuts a guy down better than any CB in the league. He played a hellova game just like the rest of the defense and you know it because Roddy was sick of having Webster closer to him than his own shadow.

The reason why the defense is doing better is because people are doing what they're supposed to be doing for a change.

I disagree. I think Webster's "bad games" come when Fewell over-uses zone. Webster is a cover corner, that requires man. The only "bad" performance I've seen from Webster in man coverage was when Vincent Jackson showed us how a receiver can use his athleticism and body position to beat good coverage.

Hey, the defense pitched a shutout. They pitched a shutout in a PLAYOFF GAME in front of their home crowd. I've been unhappy with Fewell and many of the players on this unit throughout the season but they can change everything with a run here. The last three weeks have been fantastic performances.

Eli: I BELIEVE! That TD pass to Manningham was an absolutely perfect ball.

We sit down close in that end zone. Very similar to the seats we had in Minnesota a few years ago so I had a real good look at it.

I thought that ball was overthrown right up to the moment before Manningham crossed the goal line. He seemed to find another gear for his last 2 or 3 steps.

Truly a thing of Beauty.

Best game we have played since Plaxico shot himself in '08

If I was to say just one, I'd say Jacobs. Dude came up big when the team really needed him, and there's no doubt he took over that game in the second half.

Jacobs fucks up when he turns his back and tries to run backwards...

If I was to say just one, I'd say Jacobs. Dude came up big when the team really needed him, and there's no doubt he took over that game in the second half.

I agree. The 34 yard run really woke the crowd up and the 4th down conversion was huge. I'm happy for the guy he's gotten a lot of shit from everyone including me but he ran hard yesterday and when he's doing that there isn't a player on the Giants I enjoy watching more.

I agree. The 34 yard run really woke the crowd up and the 4th down conversion was huge. I'm happy for the guy he's gotten a lot of shit from everyone including me but he ran hard yesterday and when he's doing that there isn't a player on the Giants I enjoy watching more.

I was totally cheering for Jacobs yesterday too. When he runs like what he is; a bulldozer, instead of trying to be a 'shifty' back, he's a monster.

:wub:

Big Blue '56 : 6:16 pm

From today's TC presser

Q: Is the improved secondary play because you simplified things?

A: No, that wasn’t it. I think we are playing better, we are playing tighter coverage, I think the guys are much more mindful and prideful, and they are playing more physically if you noticed how the corners played yesterday. Rolle was all over the place, that was two games in a row and he has had a bunch of tackles and been around. I thought he may be involved in the opportunities to intercept the ball but that didn’t happen. Grant has made a strong contribution and Kenny Phillips has got them all lined up. I just think that we also have done a better job underneath and that was an issue for us in terms of pattern reads, identification, recognition of who is where and doing a better job with a lot of the check downs. There were a couple yesterday that were open, but by in large, we have done a better job of that. We are just playing better coverage and we are playing the rush better, let’s put it that way.

Probably coach-speak right?

Somebody who is completely flying under the radar right now is Kevin Boothe. Yesterday, every offensive lineman was penalised except him. He's been very solid since he broke in and I believe when Beatty comes back next year, we've seen the last of Diehl.

Big Blue '56 : 6:16 pm

From today's TC presser

Q: Is the improved secondary play because you simplified things?

A: No, that wasn't it. I think we are playing better, we are playing tighter coverage, I think the guys are much more mindful and prideful, and they are playing more physically if you noticed how the corners played yesterday. Rolle was all over the place, that was two games in a row and he has had a bunch of tackles and been around. I thought he may be involved in the opportunities to intercept the ball but that didn't happen. Grant has made a strong contribution and Kenny Phillips has got them all lined up. I just think that we also have done a better job underneath and that was an issue for us in terms of pattern reads, identification, recognition of who is where and doing a better job with a lot of the check downs. There were a couple yesterday that were open, but by in large, we have done a better job of that. We are just playing better coverage and we are playing the rush better, let's put it that way.

Probably coach-speak right?

Great, another "it was the players' fault" answer from TC. :jerkoff:

There's no fucking way that's the same defensive scheme we were seeing earlier in the year.

Somebody who is completely flying under the radar right now is Kevin Boothe. Yesterday, every offensive lineman was penalised except him. He's been very solid since he broke in and I believe when Beatty comes back next year, we've seen the last of Diehl.

I've been a Diehl apologist all season....but you have to give him credit, he's played LT pretty well the past few weeks.

Not much to apologize for, he has been a better tackle than guard and has done his best in both situations. How many teams ask a guard to move out to tackle and back again? Diehl has also been making up for the loss of Seubert & O'Hara on the line. Anyone who makes the arguement that its the same shit shouldn't post.

I've been a Diehl apologist all season....but you have to give him credit, he's played LT pretty well the past few weeks.

This is not a knock on diehl at all. He' done fine overall. I think I'm been realistic here. Boothe would be a much cheaper option for them and after watching us offload seubert and o hara last year, he might be the next one to go. I tend to think mc kenzie is a safer bet to be on the roster next year.