SportsWrath

How are you guys liking the Giants since Blackburn took over MLBer

JackStroud

Guest StrahansGap

LOL..............I love being right when everyone else is wr :git: ong

When I announced the Blackburn signing here, everyone jumped on my ass giving me shit about it. So, I have to agree with you here Jack.

When I announced the Blackburn signing here, everyone jumped on my ass giving me shit about it. So, I have to agree with you here Jack.

I must admit... I didn't think it was going to make a difference. But he has stepped unbelieveably.

I'm going to throw my full support behind Coughlin until the team stops playing like their lives depend on winning

Is it him, or just a veteran team knowing when to put the pedal to the metal?

I think it is a team of players and coaches that understand eachother.

Jerry Reese owes Coughlin, big time.

Could it possibly be that the line play has picked up quite a bit recently? Nah.

Or the fact that Osi is healthy!!! I haven't heard one good praise you guys give to Osi. But instead it's Blackburn thAts getting all the props???? What game are you guys watching???

Osi give the front line more room to switch and change around. JPP could be moved around all over the place. You guys still mad cuz Osi acted like a greedy whore?? How dose this line look since he came back?? Yet, it's Blackburn who's getting all the cred. Madness I tell ya!!!

Ok healthy line with depth is nice but lets face it, the defense is playing better with a veteran linebacker who knows where everyone should be and makes sure they are there.

Chase Blackburn is far from the most athletic linebacker we have but he knows the defense better than all of our linebackers with the exception of Boley. Bringing Blackburn back to be the defensive coach on the field was key to the revival of the defense. Of course we can look at him coming back and the defense getting better as completely coincidental.

Or the fact that Osi is healthy!!! I haven't heard one good praise you guys give to Osi. But instead it's Blackburn thAts getting all the props???? What game are you guys watching???

Osi give the front line more room to switch and change around. JPP could be moved around all over the place. You guys still mad cuz Osi acted like a greedy whore?? How dose this line look since he came back?? Yet, it's Blackburn who's getting all the cred. Madness I tell ya!!!

Sigh... Settle down Sportswrathians... have a seat:

The improvement in plan can be attributed to a few reasons... not just one:

- The DLine getting healthy... the return of Tuck and Osi.

- The return of Boley... and of course the signing of Chase... although I don't recall me personally being an opponent of the signing.. I was upset they let him go in the first place.

- We got lucky a couple of times yesterday because Atl had a few dropped balls... for the life of me I couldn't understand why Rolle was still not breaking on the ball when it's clear Ryan was throwing to a receiver in his area.

Ok healthy line with depth is nice but lets face it, the defense is playing better with a veteran linebacker who knows where everyone should be and makes sure they are there.

Chase Blackburn is far from the most athletic linebacker we have but he knows the defense better than all of our linebackers with the exception of Boley. Bringing Blackburn back to be the defensive coach on the field was key to the revival of the defense. Of course we can look at him coming back and the defense getting better as completely coincidental.

Nice?

You mean having Osi on the field and Tuck getting back to into his normal level of play on a defense built around its line? Canty and Joseph picking up their game recently? Yeah, I'd go so far as call it downright pleasant.

It couldn't be the former pro-bowler coming in to spell the all-pro, or the other former pro-bowler getting healthy on the field. Must be the backup linebacker collapsing the pocket consistently by sheer will.

How many runs did Turner have where he didn't have a defensive lineman draped on him yesterday? Not many.

Boley is still getting the calls in from the sideline (look at his helmet). So Blackburn isn't calling shit.

I like Blackburn, and it's great to get some experience behind the line, but get a grip.

What I like about Blackburn is that he plays instinctive ball, because he understands his responsibilities.

Guys like JW and Greg Jones are going to develop and improve, and Chase has hit his ceiling....but Chase knows what to do, and that lack of hesitation makes up for his lack of afterburners.