SportsWrath

1990 Giants v. 49ers NFC Championship Game

JMFP

And Jesus...that defense looked wicked out there. It seemed like they played with a hatred of the 69ers....seeing turncoat Burt...and that Black coach who was a Giants DB back in the 70's...he later led the Egals back in the 90's cannot remember his name. I had never seen the entire game since 91....20 years ago man...wow. :giants:

And Jesus...that defense looked wicked out there. It seemed like they played with a hatred of the 69ers....seeing turncoat Burt...and that Black coach who was a Giants DB back in the 70's...he later led the Egals back in the 90's cannot remember his name. I had never seen the entire game since 91....20 years ago man...wow. :giants:

Ray Rhodes. I think he preceeded Kotite.

Ray Rhodes. I think he preceeded Kotite.

Thanks man...I could not remember his name to save my life. From what I remember he was a decent DB on some abysmal teams...and he was a pretty decent defensive coach. I have to Google him to find out where he is now.

Just watching the first 3, I see an assload of penalties given today's rules...

Definitely....it was some real nasty physical play out there....I think also free agency had a lot to do with the toning down of the aggression...guys were no longer wedded to a team during their careers...and lest we forget...there was a lot of steroid use back then...roid rage was a very familiar thing in the NFL