SportsWrath

2011 NFC East Champs

Virginia Giant

I totally disagree. San Fransisco is ripe for a 1-and-done playoff appearance. I hope we get the chance for a rematch.

That was the dogs point...if Detroit upsets NO and NY beats the falcons, NY goes to SF...otherwise it is academic...

Let me get this str8.... if we win and NO wins, we go to GB and NO goes to SF right?

Correct Nas, 4 goes to one and 3 goes to 2.

IMO, GB......SF........we came close to beating both, I dont care where we go. Maybe SF, better weather. I just want DET to upset N.O.

Hard to believe, not only does 9-7 get you in the playoffs but also a division, what a difference a year makes when 10-6 can't even get us a wildcard last year.

I'm glad we're in and we're on a bit of a roll, I just keep shaking my head around the whole idea this team should be 12-4 if they fucking played up to it and chances are we have a bye this week.

And of all the teams we could have faced , the Falcons have to be the one. Mind you, Ryan's numbers are similar to Eli's this year, but the Falcons aren't close to what they were last year. I like our chances.

I think that the Falcons don't have many weaknesses. It will come down to Matt Ryan versus Eli, I believe, in a game that I think the score will be something like 31-28. The thing that scares me about the Falcons are the matchups. You have Roddy White on one side and Julio Jones on the other. Then you have to account for Tony Gonzalez and even Harry Douglas is a dangerous slot receiver. And oh yeah, they have a great running team led by Turner. They also were one of the best defenses against the run this year, #6 in the NFL. But susceptible against the pass at #20. Opposing QB's posted a middle of the road rating against them, at 83.3, 14th lowest in the NFL.

I know Tampa's defense is awful, but Atlanta scored 42 points on them in the FIRST HALF yesterday. They are balanced on offense and they can make the big play.

And I've been saying it all year, Julio Jones is a dominating force. The only thing that has slowed him down this year is a tricky hamstring. This is a guy for all intents and purposes only played in 11 or 12 games, but had almost 1000 yards receiving and 8 TD's, as a rookie. He's a matchup nightmare, and even if you put Revis on him, he's still probably going to get his.

I don't envy Perry this week.