SportsWrath

tonight we bring the pain

Cowboyz

Sad. I don't think either team should have much optimism. I already feel the season is over, and at the same time I think the Giants have an excellent chance to win tonight. It just doesn't matter much to me right now, because I believe that the Giants (or the Cowboys, for that matter) in the best case scenario, will fall a game short of the NFC championship game. Why get excited about making the playoffs when there isn't a legitimate chance of making any kind of noise?

Sad. I don't think either team should have much optimism. I already feel the season is over, and at the same time I think the Giants have an excellent chance to win tonight. It just doesn't matter much to me right now, because I believe that the Giants (or the Cowboys, for that matter) in the best case scenario, will fall a game short of the NFC championship game. Why get excited about making the playoffs when there isn't a legitimate chance of making any kind of noise?

I agree with this... I am not sure if i want to watch this defense play more then 16 games this season. Even with that being said, I cannot root against the Gmen...

Why even root for the playoffs at all?

I say we just root for 3-13 seasons every year.

Think back to '07 after that debacle v.s Washington heading into the Buffalo game were you sitting there saying "This is a team that can run the tables and beat the (at the time) undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl"?

Don't get me twisted, I am rooting my ass off for the Giants to win this game. Once game time starts, I get that excitement, and I'm not rooting against the Giants at all. I just don't have confidence that the Giants will be able to get it together to beat teams like the Saints and Packers.

Think back to '07 after that debacle v.s Washington heading into the Buffalo game were you sitting there saying "This is a team that can run the tables and beat the (at the time) undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl"?

I like our draw against the Falcons if we win, too. I think we can beat them. I would have preferred to play Detroit, but whatever, I'll take Atlanta over New Orleans or GB.

He roots for the draft.

He roots for the draft.

Bullshit, what the fuck was that for? Pretty douchey comment. I have never rooted for draft position and never will. I happen to believe that no matter what your draft position is, you can score big time by having a superior draft strategy and superior scouting relative to other teams. It's not about draft position, it's about drafting the best players. I am rooting for the Giants to become a perennial title contender which they are not right now. They do not have the right mix of coaches and players but they are close, much closer than other teams, and could get there in short order. At a 9-7 record, which usually wouldn't get you into the playoffs much less a division championship, I think most fair-minded people would understand a fair bit of pessimism about a run to the Super Bowl, with 3 teams that have already beaten the Giants in the playoffs, with 2 of the 3 as likely roadblocks to the Super Bowl, and one of them completely outclassed them in every way (Saints).

Now, just so you know, just about the largest room in my house is a frickin' shrine to the Giants. And just because I don't have a lot of confidence at a Super Bowl run doesn't equal that I won't be rooting for the unthinkable with every fiber of my being, and it doesn't mean I would root for draft position, which is a ridiculous notion. Thank you very much.

Lol you won't see that classless douche until the next time the giants lose.

The bad egg persona will say he will never come back if the giants beat green bay

And the poor sad hotdog will babble on incoherently.

Lol you won't see that classless douche until the next time the giants lose.

The bad egg persona will say he will never come back if the giants beat green bay

And the poor sad hotdog will babble on incoherently.

The excuses are starting to unravel like poor knitting.

The "Eli can't win a home playoff game" criticism is now shot in the ass.

So does Jerry open up the stadium for the team to watch the playoffs on that big ole tv? Seems like a waste to not do it.

I think he would even go so far as to charge fans to watch other teams in the playoffs at the stadium if he thought they wouldn't burn the place down in disgust. Does he rent it out to tele-evangelists after the regular season?

The excuses are starting to unravel like poor knitting.

The "Eli can't win a home playoff game" criticism is now shot in the ass.

And the "He's only won playoff games in one, magical season."

Although I do hope he wins playoff games in two magical seasons...

So does Jerry open up the stadium for the team to watch the playoffs on that big ole tv? Seems like a waste to not do it.

I think he would even go so far as to charge fans to watch other teams in the playoffs at the stadium if he thought they wouldn't burn the place down in disgust. Does he rent it out to tele-evangelists after the regular season?

It's funny not to long after the loss, I read an article how Jones stated how he didnt see how a GM would help the Cowboys in any way and the he knew what was best for the team.

Well I sure hope Jones keeps doing what he thinks is best for the Cowboys because obviously it's working so far.

It's funny not to long after the loss, I read an article how Jones stated how he didnt see how a GM would help the Cowboys in any way and the he knew what was best for the team.

Well I sure hope Jones keeps doing what he thinks is best for the Cowboys because obviously it's working so far.

As long as Jerry Jones insists on being the GM, and as long as Jason Garrett insists on being the OC.....the Cowboys will never put it together. Simple as that.

Well I sure hope Jones keeps doing what he thinks is best for the Cowboys because obviously it's working for us so far.

FIXED!