SportsWrath

Giants in the Pro Bowl

Lughead

lol @ greg jennings making it over either of our wr's

There is no logical explanation other than fans are dumb. And the Packers are a lock to be around for a couple weeks into the playoffs and have been phenomenal, mainly due to Rodgers, so I'm sure that factors in to the fan's psyche when voting. Statistically, the only category Jennings is beating Nicks in is TDs and it is only by 3.

There is no logical explanation other than fans are dumb. And the Packers are a lock to be around for a couple weeks into the playoffs and have been phenomenal, mainly due to Rodgers, so I'm sure that factors in to the fan's psyche when voting. Statistically, the only category Jennings is beating Nicks in is TDs and it is only by 3.

And if Nicks hadn't dropped 5+ TD passes...

Seriously tho if Nicks hauled in those passes he let bounce off or go thru his hands he'd be considered elite.

With Cruz putting up the numbers he put up from a 3rd WR roster spot, it's pretty impressive and I believe should've been recognized. I am not sure how many PB roster spots there are for WRs, which given the pro-passing tendancies of the league nowadays, could have been the issue here.

JPP's reaction to being selected to the pro-bowl:

“I don’t really understand the whole Pro Bowl thing, but it means a lot,” Pierre-Paul said in the Giants’ announcement. “It means I’m doing good.”

:LMAO:

His latest drops have been maddening. :furious:

Who u tellin? Nicks imo has the potential to be a Top 5 WR, but he lacks consistent fire and concentration. Start of the 2nd half in the Washington game, Nicks was pissed coming off a bad half and he looked like he was playing possessed, but slowly that died off. I mean soon this guy is gonna be the Giants all time receiving TD leader (Toomer is currently but doesn't have that many) and he could have SO many more if he just developed some more consistency.

Who u tellin? Nicks imo has the potential to be a Top 5 WR, but he lacks consistent fire and concentration. Start of the 2nd half in the Washington game, Nicks was pissed coming off a bad half and he looked like he was playing possessed, but slowly that died off. I mean soon this guy is gonna be the Giants all time receiving TD leader (Toomer is currently but doesn't have that many) and he could have SO many more if he just developed some more consistency.

Which is why I called for the WR coach to light a fire under his ass and get him to play TO style (hate to say it but that's what he needs) type of football.. meaning.. he needs to be aggressive and if he's going to open his mouth (i.e. calling Revis "decent"), he better back his shit up.. No doubt in my mind had he caught that long pass from Eli against Washington, we would have won that game...

Which is why I called for the WR coach to light a fire under his ass and get him to play TO style (hate to say it but that's what he needs) type of football.. meaning.. he needs to be aggressive and if he's going to open his mouth (i.e. calling Revis "decent"), he better back his shit up.. No doubt in my mind had he caught that long pass from Eli against Washington, we would have won that game...

I don't disagree with any of this.

There is no logical explanation other than fans are dumb.

Well this ( fan voting counts for 1/3 ) and the fact that among the players this can also be a bit of a popularity contest ( player voting also counts for 1/3 )

The coaches get the final 1/3 and may be ( but not necessarily are ) more objective.

Winning seems to help quite a bit as well. For example, London Fletcher has never been to the pro bowl. Why? Well for the last 10 years anyway, he has played on really crappy teams that don't win a lot of games ( bills and then the skins 5 years each )