SportsWrath

If you had a choice between a new HC or one and done?

JackStroud

Which is why teams like the 'Skins, Browns, Bills. etc hardly ever see a playoff birth in recent years going threw coaches like Dayne goes through toilet paper.

you have a point- on the other hand look at what harbaugh has been able to do in SF in his 1st year, a strike year no less.

you have a point- on the other hand look at what harbaugh has been able to do in SF in his 1st year, a strike year no less.

Yeah I mean I understand your point that Spaggy after three years has it been? Hasnt seen any real success while other coaches like Sexy Rexy or like you pointed out Harbaugh in SF give the team a 180 and they are headed towards the playoffs in their first year coaching. Maybe it is time for a coaching change with the Rams but I just think this season has been a disaster for them, it's much like the Lions when Stafford was always injured his first two years

I just think most coaches anyways should get more then a few of years to build their team how they want and try to make their system work, however in today's NFL it's not the case with most owners wanting instant success to help sell their team.

I'd like to see any coach do better with the Rams.

Especially with a young team and the first 8 weeks of this season. Their best shots were Philly, Washington, Dallas, and us. None of those were gimmies; especially with Philly before they ever lost, and Washington early on in the season. Then they got to play Baltimore, Green Bay, and New Orleans. Yeah, they beat NO, but at that point it already didn't matter. Even if they went 2-2 against the NFC East, they still would have wound up 3-4 in that stretch.

No way to build momentum, which a young team desperately needs. Their season was over when they received their schedule.

rams were supposed to win their division. i like spags but it's clear he's failed this time as a Head coach. It's a very desirable job, the Rams HC, bound to be open soon. You got your QB all set, top draft picks on both sides of the line and a #2 or #3 you can either keep or play with. And a St. Louis press and fan base that is easy to handle. I look for Fisher to take that job and do well.

boy, the dog would say that is a harsh statement to make two seasons in. over half the starters on defense have been in the league less than 4 years, including 3 out of 4 players in the secondary. the defense is young and in only the second year of learning that system.

you have a QB in just his second year who has been injured for a portion of it. your best offensive player in jackson missed games early on. you have a receiving core made up of players that would struggle to be a number 3 on most teams except for lloyd, who has only been there for half the season, and you have an offense that is in their first year with a new coordinator who runs a specific system.

it may not happen, but spags gets a pass in the dog's opinion.

Even if I was 100% certain that we'd lose our first playoff game, I'd still want to win this last game of the regular season if for no other reason than to eliminate the Cowboys from the playoffs. But once we're in, the playoffs can be viewed as a whole new season and the regular season, and problems experienced therein, can be put in the rearview mirror.

If Spags gets canned they should try and bring him in as D coordinator again. Their is a lot of speculation, however, that he may replace Castilio down in Philly.

In answer to your question though Jack, there is nobody out there right now that I would take over Tom. The only reason to replace him would be that his message is stale but I don't really see that.

Our problems right now are player related not coach related.

I want the Giants to win this week. Here are the reasons.

1) You play to win the game

2) Winning is fun

3) Playoff Football is fun

4) In order to win a Super Bowl you must make the playoffs first

5) Winning the Super Bowl is fun

I want a shot at the packers again.. without the refs this time around.

boy, the dog would say that is a harsh statement to make two seasons in. over half the starters on defense have been in the league less than 4 years, including 3 out of 4 players in the secondary. the defense is young and in only the second year of learning that system.

you have a QB in just his second year who has been injured for a portion of it. your best offensive player in jackson missed games early on. you have a receiving core made up of players that would struggle to be a number 3 on most teams except for lloyd, who has only been there for half the season, and you have an offense that is in their first year with a new coordinator who runs a specific system.

it may not happen, but spags gets a pass in the dog's opinion.

it's 3 seasons in and it's not harsh, it's a fact. Based on the precedents set in the National Football League. There's always excuses but you have to show something, and he's shown little in player development or improvement. He also missed out on the playoffs last year to an inferior Seahawks team It's a cruel world out there. Expectations are high.

it's 3 seasons in and it's not harsh, it's a fact. Based on the precedents set in the National Football League. There's always excuses but you have to show something, and he's shown little in player development or improvement. He also missed out on the playoffs last year to an inferior Seahawks team It's a cruel world out there. Expectations are high.

wow, it has been three years...time is moving way too quickly for the dog....never the less, the dog still thinks he deserves another year (although probably won't get it). the issue with the constant coaching changes is that it can set teams back even further. the dog agrees that the margin of error is tight for coaches, but starting over after just three years can be dangerous as well...

as much as coughlin drives me nuts i'll take a shot at a superbowl this season. this team has shown they can play with anyone (but usually probably won't) whereas the 2006 team was complete trash so i didn't feel bad about rooting for that loss against washington

as much as coughlin drives me nuts i'll take a shot at a superbowl this season. this team has shown they can play with anyone (but usually probably won't) whereas the 2006 team was complete trash so i didn't feel bad about rooting for that loss against washington

Knowing you, you made a shit ton of cash off the defection. Bastard.

I read that this will be the 7th consecutive non-losing season for the Giants.

Clearly, we need to bring in someone who can break that curse.

the grass is always greener. There arent many teams who are in a position to contend late in the season every year like we've grown accustomed to.

the grass is always greener. There arent many teams who are in a position to contend late in the season every year like we've grown accustomed to.

Correct but there aren't many teams that start 6-2 almost every year only to shit the bed in the 2nd half of the season :)

• 1 month later...

You got one better....you got the Packers, AND the refs again, and we still shellacked them.

-Z

Of all the wins I enjoyed that one the most...we busted their asses. :05-mafia: They just "knew" the Giants were a "tune up" for the NFC Championship... :LMAO: