SportsWrath

Anyone want to resume the Cruz whould not be #2 argument

JackStroud

They hand picked that post I made to placate he masses after I was under constant assault for wanting Cruz as #2 over Manningham.......ignoring all the others.

I've been all Cruz all the time since the last yrs pre season spectacular

And FINALLY my faith in Blackurn has been rewarded.............I took 6 years of abuse for supporting my boy Chase

Were going ALL .......the.......WAY.......Fish

They hand picked that post I made to placate he masses after I was under constant assault for wanting Cruz as #2 over Manningham.......ignoring all the others.

I've been all Cruz all the time since the last yrs pre season spectacular

And FINALLY my faith in Blackurn has been rewarded.............I took 6 years of abuse for supporting my boy Chase

Jack, you're great...almost never agree, but I could never find fault to your fandom.

To my thinking, Blackburn is proving once again what everyone on this board has been saying: that he's an excellent backup, and the kind of guy you want anywhere on this team BUT a starting position. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't exactly blown people out of the water, either.

Last night, for instance, Blackburn had 4 total tackles. Williams had 5, including a sack. In the long haul, and not this season, Williams will ultimately be a better MLB than Blackburn. I'm not ripping Blackburn by saying this: I actually wish he had a higher ceiling than he has; but he simply isn't as good as you would want a starter to be.

Were going ALL .......the.......WAY.......Fish

Jack, I so very much want you to be right on this.

Fish, I disagree on Williams, solely because I don't believe he's a MLB at all and I don't think his future with this team is at MLB. If he sticks around, he's more likely to be Boley's successor.

I 2nd that.

Fish, I disagree on Williams, solely because I don't believe he's a MLB at all and I don't think his future with this team is at MLB. If he sticks around, he's more likely to be Boley's successor.

Yeah, I think too that Williams will be better on the outside. I'm pretty disappointed in Greg Jones so far in the middle. Was actually more excited about his being drafted/signed than Williams. Hopefully he's able to step up more next year with a year in the system, a year in the NFL, and playing alongside the guys.