SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs and Rex Ryan Almost Fought After Game

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Must read:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Giants and Jets did not stop talking even after the Giants won Saturday's game.

More From ESPN.com

Following Brandon Jacobs' exchange with New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, Dan Graziano says the New York Giants running back is not one to talk. Blog

• Giants Blog | Jets Blog | ESPN NY

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs and Jets head coach Rex Ryan exchanged words on the field following the Giants' 29-14 win.

"We had a private conversation," Ryan said. "That's all I'll leave it as. He doesn't like me. I respect him, but I couldn't care less about him."

Jacobs said he had an exchange with Ryan after the game in which the coach approached him, used an expletive and said, "Wait till we win the Super Bowl."

Added Jacobs: "And I told him I'll punch him in the face."

Jacobs told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio in an interview on the field right after the game that Ryan "is a very disrespectful (b------)."

"I'm glad we came out here and gave it to him," Jacobs said. "I wish I got a chance to go over there on that sideline. He is disrespectful. I understand why (offensive coordinator Kevin) Gilbride and (Ryan's) pop (Buddy Ryan) got into it a long time ago because they all talk too much."

"They got a big-mouthed coach, a big mouth and a big-bellied coach that talks too much and now it's finally time to shut up," he added.

Jacobs said Ryan instigated the incident.

"I told him out of all these Giants you have on this football team, you're talking to the wrong one," Jacobs said. "I wasn't talking to him, he just came out of nowhere and started going at me."

"It was Rex who came up to me, the same way his pops went at Gilbride (years ago)," Jacobs added. "And he ran afterwards."

Ryan motivated the Giants by saying last week that the Jets were the better team in New York. The Giants also took exception to the Jets, the home team during this game, covering a mural of their Super Bowl trophies on the wall near the Giants locker room outside in a hallway with a curtain.

Lawrence Tynes, David Diehl and Zak DeOssie opened the curtains after the game to reveal the mural.

"I think the Jets are a good football team," Jacobs said. "I do think them as players are put in places they don't really need to be by their coach."

"He needs to shut up," Jacobs added. "He's a great coach, I take nothing away from him. He comes from a great coaching family. But he needs to shut up."

Ohm Youngmisuk covers the Giants for ESPNNewYork.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.