SportsWrath

David Baas to start (per Star-Ledger)

JMFP

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_david_baas_will_start_a.html

In a development that really shouldn't surprise anyone, David Baas will return to the starting lineup as the Giants' center on Saturday against the Jets, according to someone informed of the team's plans for the offensive line.

The person, who requested anonymity, said Baas isn't experiencing any major issues after practicing in a limited capacity today. He'd been sidelined the past three games with neck issues that led to intense headaches.

The Giants rushed for 301 yards in the three games without Baas, the free-agent acquisition who has dealt with multiple injuries and a quick adjustment period this season. Kevin Boothe, who filled in at center, will likely slide to left guard. Mitch Petrus, the second-year lineman who has done an admirable job, will head back to the bench.

Of course, things could change if Baas suddenly experiences issues once again. But for now, the $27.5-million man is on his way back to the middle of the Giants' line.

I repeat: $27.5 million. Though the Giants have done well in his absence, you don't pay a guy that kind of money to sit on the bench.

Any "major issues"???? Is that the same as saying a one-legged Tuck is okay to go?

:russian-roulette2:

If this guy is ineffective again, they better pull his ass and get Boothe and Petrus back in there.

Can't believe after finally getting the running game going, they'll reshuffle the deck with their season on the line.

UGH :facepalm:

I'm sure the reappearance of the running game had absolutely nothing to do with Baas out of the lineup. It was more about Diehl moving back out to tackle because he sucked at guard and Snee is having a bad season.

This is what you'll hear in defense of Baas. Ignore that Diehl and Snee have been busy all season helping Baas out.

<_<

Shades of O'Hara....this coaching staff has got to go....they are fucking morons...out and out assholes. :TD::030::wacko::russian-roulette2::sheeplover::jerkoff::facepalm:

If they start Baas because of his paycheck, and the running game tanks, and the Giants lose......honestly, I don't care who has a job next season

I mean really...the Giants seem to have this philosophy of what constitutes Giants Football...and it often has no relation to Winning Football in the least. Its as if the Giants have the memory of an 80 year old man 5 years into senile dementia.

If they start Baas because of his paycheck, and the running game tanks, and the Giants lose......honestly, I don't care who has a job next season

+1

Though I think that it's been Diehl (and McKenzie) that's the major issue on the line, not Baas. They should leave Petrus at LG.

I mean really...the Giants seem to have this philosophy of what constitutes Giants Football...and it often has no relation to Winning Football in the least. Its as if the Giants have the memory of an 80 year old man 5 years into senile dementia.

The Giants identity used to be a sturdy defense and running game.

Both are completely absent right now.

The Giants identity used to be a sturdy defense and running game.

Both are completely absent right now.

To play a bit of devil's advocate here, the Steelers seem to have transitioned well with their offense to a passing attack in lieu of the running game. Their defense is still really good, but also seems not as dominant as it once was.

Tom is just sticking with his highly paid starter now that he is healthy again ...........old fashioned and slightly inflexible approach ......but that's TC fo you.

I expect the running game to be fine against the Jets on Sat ........if it isnt ...God Help Us ......and turn the fucking lights out