SportsWrath

Little Eli is starting to remind the dog of...

ksm7

Well, little Eli. Consistently inconsistent, and in no way elite. But on a regular basis he lays a fat egg in a big spot each year...see green bay last year...see the first round of 3 out of 4 playoff years...the dog grows tired of being right...who takes the fall in his place on the boards this week? Officials? The OC? The DC? Injuries? The dog is eager with anticipation...

To be fair Dog I think only a few members here ever called Eli, "elite"

I still have the same stance on Eli like I did before and after the SB. He's a very good QB who seems to excel in the 4th quarter and can play at a top 5 QB level...however he is still going to be Eli.

After years watching him play he's always going to throw off his back foot, he's always going to make bone headed plays and he's always going to have "that" game a season.

At the same time I'll support him until he decides to hang up the cleats.

Well, little Eli. Consistently inconsistent, and in no way elite. But on a regular basis he lays a fat egg in a big spot each year...see green bay last year...see the first round of 3 out of 4 playoff years...the dog grows tired of being right...who takes the fall in his place on the boards this week? Officials? The OC? The DC? Injuries? The dog is eager with anticipation...

I'm disturbed by your sediment.

You're being a troll Dog. Eli's clutch performance today put Montana and Brady to shame. Really, Eli is an entirely different league all together. :clap:

Eli has no running game and no defense... He constantly has to score to keep up with opposing QBs because our D sucks. Eli is a superstar and it's not his fault his players don't come thru for him.. be it dropped passes or letting passes be intercepted (see Manningham faking him out in the enc zone)

What does Eli have to do run down the field and catch the ball too?( god knows he can't run) Receivers get paid to catch and there where a lot of dropped passes out there today that should of been caught. I mean other than the slightly under thrown ball to Nicks that ended up a INT and that bad route by Manningham in the endzone. we ran 4 fade routs last week and came up with 0 points the Redskins saw that and knew Gillbride would call it again

ELITE? yes ELI is ELITE get the rest of the team to play with heart and a purpose and ELI would be even better we do not have a very good front line and the running game is non existent. with a strong line and a good running game no one would even question ELI not even Dallas fans.

ELI has 2 more yards than Rodgers this year and Rodgers is GOD remember? There are many small minor mistakes made by ELI's team mates this year 3 games are could of should of would of wins. 4 games a games no one else played with any heart . Go look at the stats ( I doubt some people will) Eli is consistently in the top 4 in most positive categories. had his receivers held on to a lot of drops and also not popped some up for INTs there would be no question about how good ELI is.

If anyone thinks we look bad ( and why do we look bad?) now how would we look with out ELI ? God forbid ELI should get injured.

What does Eli have to do run down the field and catch the ball too?( god knows he can't run) Receivers get paid to catch and there where a lot of dropped passes out there today that should of been caught. I mean other than the slightly under thrown ball to Nicks that ended up a INT and that bad route by Manningham in the endzone. we ran 4 fade routs last week and came up with 0 points the Redskins saw that and knew Gillbride would call it again

ELITE? yes ELI is ELITE get the rest of the team to play with heart and a purpose and ELI would be even better we do not have a very good front line and the running game is non existent. with a strong line and a good running game no one would even question ELI not even Dallas fans.

ELI has 2 more yards than Rodgers this year and Rodgers is GOD remember? There are many small minor mistakes made by ELI's team mates this year 3 games are could of should of would of wins. 4 games a games no one else played with any heart . Go look at the stats ( I doubt some people will) Eli is consistently in the top 4 in most positive categories. had his receivers held on to a lot of drops and also not popped some up for INTs there would be no question about how good ELI is.

If anyone thinks we look bad ( and why do we look bad?) now how would we look with out ELI ? God forbid ELI should get injured.

Eli is Elite in my eyes... his play this season is nothing short of Elite.

I forgot the Stats link

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

It's like clockwork with these two.

because as the dog has said on a constant basis, eli is like clockwork with the inconsistent performance. again, he is a solid QB and has had a very good year. elite he is not. but lest you think the dog is holding some sort of vendetta against him, let's investigate, shall we?

the knock around here on mcnabb was that he could never win the big one (never mind the fact that most of his career was spent throwing to receivers that would struggle to make the roster on the edmonton eskimos).

the on-going knock on romo has been that he rolls up great stats but disappears in december...so...

did you know that eli has a career losing record in december (17-21)? throw away year 1 to be fair, and he is a 500 QB in that time. he has a career 4-3 postseason mark, but has won a post season game in only one season. he is 0-3 every other season.

every year down the stretch there is at least one giant egg that is layed...the cowboy win was a huge victory, completely diminished by yesterday's performance, which was as predictable as a snow storm in january in anchorage alaska...

he is a solid QB. a good one. but games like yesterday demonstrate the difference between a good QB and an elite one (think Tom Brady winning with half the weapons and an equally pitiful defense)...

because as the dog has said on a constant basis, eli is like clockwork with the inconsistent performance. again, he is a solid QB and has had a very good year. elite he is not. but lest you think the dog is holding some sort of vendetta against him, let's investigate, shall we?

the knock around here on mcnabb was that he could never win the big one (never mind the fact that most of his career was spent throwing to receivers that would struggle to make the roster on the edmonton eskimos).

the on-going knock on romo has been that he rolls up great stats but disappears in december...so...

did you know that eli has a career losing record in december (17-21)? throw away year 1 to be fair, and he is a 500 QB in that time. he has a career 4-3 postseason mark, but has won a post season game in only one season. he is 0-3 every other season.

every year down the stretch there is at least one giant egg that is layed...the cowboy win was a huge victory, completely diminished by yesterday's performance, which was as predictable as a snow storm in january in anchorage alaska...

he is a solid QB. a good one. but games like yesterday demonstrate the difference between a good QB and an elite one (think Tom Brady winning with half the weapons and an equally pitiful defense)...

This is actually a good post. It's the little things -- that pick in the endzone the opening drive against the Saints. You can't do that. You can't put him in the same conversation as guys like Brady, not yet.

He was awful yesterday. Granted the Giants were awful, but it was not a good day for Eli.

(think Tom Brady winning with half the weapons...

Tom has a better group of receivers. Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Branch, his top 4 receivers, is way better than what we've got.

This game was not a good game by Eli. He definitely left some plays out there, even though I'd only put one of those INT's on him. But one thing that you don't factor in, is that this roster is not talent laden.

We have some good players but not All Pro's. There is no game changing running back like Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice... heck, even Ryan Matthews. Our starting TE probably wouldn't start on any of the other 31 teams. We have 2 very good receivers that are not polished enough yet to be called great. The best thing you can say about the O-line is that lately they've been pretty decent. And the defense gives no help whatsoever.

But because of Eli, and really he's about the only reason, this team has a shot to beat any team any Sunday. This team doesn't have a losing season with Eli as the starter. For that reason, Eli could very well be the MVP of the league. Now I would still vote for Rodgers, but Eli is not the problem with this team, not by a long shot.

Tom has a better group of receivers. Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Branch, his top 4 receivers, is way better than what we've got.

This game was not a good game by Eli. He definitely left some plays out there, even though I'd only put one of those INT's on him. But one thing that you don't factor in, is that this roster is not talent laden.

We have some good players but not All Pro's. There is no game changing running back like Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice... heck, even Ryan Matthews. Our starting TE probably wouldn't start on any of the other 31 teams. We have 2 very good receivers that are not polished enough yet to be called great. The best thing you can say about the O-line is that lately they've been pretty decent. And the defense gives no help whatsoever.

But because of Eli, and really he's about the only reason, this team has a shot to beat any team any Sunday. This team doesn't have a losing season with Eli as the starter. For that reason, Eli could very well be the MVP of the league. Now I would still vote for Rodgers, but Eli is not the problem with this team, not by a long shot.

I think Nicks is a very good receiver, a borderline Pro Bowl guy. Cruz is definitely good as well, as evidenced by his #3 receiving yards. I'd say either of those guys are better than Branch, but Gronk and Hernandez absolutely smoke the guys we've got at TE, and I'd put Cruz about even with Welker. Overall I'd take the Pats' guys over ours (Gronkowski could be a HOFer if he continues on this pace for a good number of years) but it's not like ours are below average... we're not the Redskins.

I think Nicks is a very good receiver, a borderline Pro Bowl guy. Cruz is definitely good as well, as evidenced by his #3 receiving yards. I'd say either of those guys are better than Branch, but Gronk and Hernandez absolutely smoke the guys we've got at TE, and I'd put Cruz about even with Welker. Overall I'd take the Pats' guys over ours (Gronkowski could be a HOFer if he continues on this pace for a good number of years) but it's not like ours are below average... we're not the Redskins.

I pretty much agree with you, Seph. The main advantage Brady has over Eli is Gronk and Hernandez. But at least with Branch, he has a receiver that knows what to do out there and is a veteran that is in the right spot for Brady. He doesn't do anything flashy, but what he does do is very valuable, and it sets him apart from a guy like Manningham, who can put up good numbers and then make the bone-headed mistake that costs you the game.

And despite Cruz's numbers, and I like him, he has a way to go before he's in Welker's class. And my criticism of him is similar to Manningham, he needs to polish his game. He has about 1 bad drop a game, and it has really cost the Giants at times. He's the kind of player that if he wants to be the Steve Smith in our offense, he's got to eliminate the drops and always be on the same page as Eli. I have faith in Cruz that he will get there. This is his first year, really... pretty much his rookie season, and I have no doubt he'll put in the work and next year his game will be more polished.

Games like yesterday!?!? Like Hicks dropping what, two perfectly throw TD passes? aw the sun was in my eyes. And Dave D getting called for a hold and getting a TD called back.

I had hopped on the Manning stinks bandwagon at the end of last season, and have now been throw off by his play after the second game this year. Manning is a money player and a top ten NFL QB...dog...

Manning is one of the bright spots on this team. There are a ton of things too complain about with this Clown Shoes team Manning isn't one of them.

:jerkoff:

Games like yesterday!?!? Like Hicks dropping what, two perfectly throw TD passes? aw the sun was in my eyes. And Dave D getting called for a hold and getting a TD called back.

I had hopped on the Manning stinks bandwagon at the end of last season, and have now been throw off by his play after the second game this year. Manning is a money player and a top ten NFL QB...dog...

Manning is one of the bright spots on this team. There are a ton of things too complain about with this Clown Shoes team Manning isn't one of them.

:jerkoff:

I agree. Anyone who criticizes Manning's performance this year doesn't know football. As evidenced by Bad Dog's "sediments".

I pretty much agree with you, Seph. The main advantage Brady has over Eli is Gronk and Hernandez. But at least with Branch, he has a receiver that knows what to do out there and is a veteran that is in the right spot for Brady. He doesn't do anything flashy, but what he does do is very valuable, and it sets him apart from a guy like Manningham, who can put up good numbers and then make the bone-headed mistake that costs you the game.

And despite Cruz's numbers, and I like him, he has a way to go before he's in Welker's class. And my criticism of him is similar to Manningham, he needs to polish his game. He has about 1 bad drop a game, and it has really cost the Giants at times. He's the kind of player that if he wants to be the Steve Smith in our offense, he's got to eliminate the drops and always be on the same page as Eli. I have faith in Cruz that he will get there. This is his first year, really... pretty much his rookie season, and I have no doubt he'll put in the work and next year his game will be more polished.

I feel like Cruz is still pretty raw as well, but he also seems to make more big plays than Welker. You're right though, I'd love to see what he does with another year under his belt.

I forgot the Stats link

that's ranked by 1st downs, rank it by qb rating and you'll find opie is 8th, romo is 4th.

rank it by td's and eli is 7th, romo is 5th

rank it by ints and eli is 27th in the league while romo is 9T.

rank it by comp% and eli is 10T, romo is 4th.

rank it by 1st %, eli 8, romo 7

and it's arguable who's had the worst oline and rb support (minus the short demarco murray romp).

so the question is , do you think romo has been 'elite' this year?