SportsWrath

It's time.

fishgutmartyr

I've defended Coughlin for years, Gilbride as well.

But this is enough.

It has almost nothing to do with play calling. It has everything to do with attitude. This team not only falls flat in important games, but does so consistently. A loss, ok, that happens. But there's no excuse whatsoever to getting BLOWN OUT by fucking Washington AT HOME when you are in a must-win situation. Even with playing all the rookies, it's not unreasonable to expect effort.

I can deal with not making the playoffs with this team. Hell, I expected it this year with the early loss of key players. What I can't deal with is the utter lack of character this team has shown--at least make the ATTEMPT to be in the game.

If this coaching staff can't get these lame fuckers up for a game of this magnitude, then it's time to move on. From this staff, and from a good chunk of this roster, particularly on the defensive side. JPP is a beast, but there's no reason one player should be making 14-16 tackles a game regularly--not if the other players are making any sort of effort.

There is no desire on this team. No fire at all. And while they are supposed to be professionals, it's up to the staff to get fire into their play.

There is no way I would give Manningham big money. The Jacobs/Bradshaw tandem is done--even if there has been improvement over the last few games, they're clearly past their peaks. The entire defense needs to be flushed and rebuilt with possibly a change in philosophy regarding the defensive line. What good are pass rushers if they're crippled by the end of every fucking season? Pray Thomas comes back to full strength, because Ross is completely useless out there. Phillips is simply not coming back to his play before surgery. Boley has disappeared, and Rolle seems to think games are won at the microphone. We need to move on, and need to do it quickly before we waste Manning's peak years.

But this is enough.

It has almost nothing to do with play calling. It has everything to do with attitude. This team not only falls flat in important games, but does so consistently. A loss, ok, that happens. But there's no excuse whatsoever to getting BLOWN OUT by fucking Washington AT HOME when you are in a must-win situation. Even with playing all the rookies, it's not unreasonable to expect effort.

I can deal with not making the playoffs with this team. Hell, I expected it this year with the early loss of key players. What I can't deal with is the utter lack of character this team has shown--at least make the ATTEMPT to be in the game.

If this coaching staff can't get these lame fuckers up for a game of this magnitude, then it's time to move on. From this staff, and from a good chunk of this roster, particularly on the defensive side. JPP is a beast, but there's no reason one player should be making 14-16 tackles a game regularly--not if the other players are making any sort of effort.

There is no desire on this team. No fire at all. And while they are supposed to be professionals, it's up to the staff to get fire into their play.

There is no way I would give Manningham big money. The Jacobs/Bradshaw tandem is done--even if there has been improvement over the last few games, they're clearly past their peaks. The entire defense needs to be flushed and rebuilt with possibly a change in philosophy regarding the defensive line. What good are pass rushers if they're crippled by the end of every fucking season? Pray Thomas comes back to full strength, because Ross is completely useless out there. Phillips is simply not coming back to his play before surgery. Boley has disappeared, and Rolle seems to think games are won at the microphone. We need to move on, and need to do it quickly before we waste Manning's peak years.

LMFAO. welcome to reality fishstick

But this is enough.

Yes Manningham is too stupid and streaky to be other than a third option. I agree with everything you wrote and add that a stud LB is priority number one after the house cleaning of the coaching staff. This roller coaster effect is something that happens to teams that are outcoached on a consistent basis. If Cheerleader won't allow himself to be kicked upstairs...let him go back to the college ranks and be Coach Rah Rah till he can't walk.

The Rolle Diarrhea of the Mouth continues on unabated. The guy has had 2 interceptions all year. The way he talks you would have thought he had 20 and was the Second Coming of Ronnie Lott. Talking about guys lacking heart and not giving their all ...(e.g. Tuck) Will someone please throw this half retarded guy off the team after the coaches who get canned after the season is done. This guy is a locker room cancer/politician in the worst way.

Well the coaching staff did something.. they pointed their collective fingers at the Rookie CB and benched him :05-mafia:

We were firing on all cylinders thereafter :facepalm:

great point.

and good post, fish. there's really not much more i can add to that--especially the manningham point. we're lucky cruz stepped up because going into this season thinking manningham would be a legit #2 WR was a terrible idea from the getgo

I'm not going to disagree with anything Fish said.

I only have two other quick comments:

1) As idiotic as this sounds, the season can still be saved. If the Giants can somehow get the division, and then win a home playoff game, everything is different.

2) If Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell go, I'm hoping that Reese is on the hot seat, too. I've been a big fan of his in the past, and will admit he's found some good players in the draft, but he badly mishandled free agency. The guys he has added have not been impact players, but he is paying them impact money. He is responsible for puttning the talent on the field. And the talent just isn't there. And it's Reese that has this team on Salary Cap probation right now.

I realize injuries have a big part to play in all of this too, and should be factored into how both the coaching staff and the GM are evaluated.

But games like yesterday - blowouts at home to teams you should beat - are games that get people fired.

Regarding the roster: Outside of Eli, JPP, Cruz, Ballard and a handful of other guys, I don't care who I see on the team next season. I'd rather watch the team go 7-9 with some new guys that show some hustle and some promise.

great point.

and good post, fish. there's really not much more i can add to that--especially the manningham point. we're lucky cruz stepped up because going into this season thinking manningham would be a legit #2 WR was a terrible idea from the getgo

it seems to me that each receiver has had bouts of running before catching the ball, with cruz being the biggest violator. Isn't this a coaching thing? Seems the fundamentals (Coughlin's core value) are breaking down. Also, the injuries. Coughlin used that in his opening speech when he took over from Fassel, that injuries will not be tolerated - might be the reason that they never have depth. So, yes it's time for a change.

I'm not going to disagree with anything Fish said.

I only have two other quick comments:

1) As idiotic as this sounds, the season can still be saved. If the Giants can somehow get the division, and then win a home playoff game, everything is different.

2) If Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell go, I'm hoping that Reese is on the hot seat, too. I've been a big fan of his in the past, and will admit he's found some good players in the draft, but he badly mishandled free agency. The guys he has added have not been impact players, but he is paying them impact money. He is responsible for puttning the talent on the field. And the talent just isn't there. And it's Reese that has this team on Salary Cap probation right now.

I realize injuries have a big part to play in all of this too, and should be factored into how both the coaching staff and the GM are evaluated.

But games like yesterday - blowouts at home to teams you should beat - are games that get people fired.

Regarding the roster: Outside of Eli, JPP, Cruz, Ballard and a handful of other guys, I don't care who I see on the team next season. I'd rather watch the team go 7-9 with some new guys that show some hustle and some promise.

Look I know the team shit the bed yesterday... God it was the only game this year where I left before it ended.. I didn't know we scored at TD till this morning... I think Reese did a good job given our cap issues... where I think the FO fucked up was getting us Fewel.. we kept hearing he was good.. well I guess he's in Sheridan's class... I can only imagine what this D can do with a decent DC... Ross and Rolle have to go though.. sorry.. not worth the money both suck... Canty too.. given the size of his contract.. either he restructures or gets cut.

Look I know the team shit the bed yesterday... God it was the only game this year where I left before it ended.. I didn't know we scored at TD till this morning... I think Reese did a good job given our cap issues... where I think the FO fucked up was getting us Fewel.. we kept hearing he was good.. well I guess he's in Sheridan's class... I can only imagine what this D can do with a decent DC... Ross and Rolle have to go though.. sorry.. not worth the money both suck... Canty too.. given the size of his contract.. either he restructures or gets cut.

Fewell has to be gone. It's a results driven business and his resume speaks for itself. I think the reality that is becoming clearer each week is the guys on defense we thought were good or are supposed to be good just aren't. Canty and Rolle were paid a ton and haven't returned the investment. Ross and Phillips were first round picks and have underwhelmed, though I'm holding out hope Phillips can improve. That's 1/3 of your defense. Add Blackburn starting and Kiwanuka as a guy that I think has handled the job pretty well but is probably better suited as a defensive end. Tuck and Osi hurt. It's easy to see why they stink. Osi will be gone next year and as annoying as it probably is for him, I would re-sign Kiwanuka and move him back to the line. Hopefully Williams, Herzlich, and Jones will be better players with a year under their belt and one of them can fill a starting spot

Fewell has to be gone. It's a results driven business and his resume speaks for itself. I think the reality that is becoming clearer each week is the guys on defense we thought were good or are supposed to be good just aren't. Canty and Rolle were paid a ton and haven't returned the investment. Ross and Phillips were first round picks and have underwhelmed, though I'm holding out hope Phillips can improve. That's 1/3 of your defense. Add Blackburn starting and Kiwanuka as a guy that I think has handled the job pretty well but is probably better suited as a defensive end. Tuck and Osi hurt. It's easy to see why they stink. Osi will be gone next year and as annoying as it probably is for him, I would re-sign Kiwanuka and move him back to the line. Hopefully Williams, Herzlich, and Jones will be better players with a year under their belt and one of them can fill a starting spot

Spot on.