SportsWrath

Another GREAT call by the officials!

Sephiroth

So, let me see if I've got this right: two weeks ago, Greg Jennings "catches" a pass in the endzone and controls it for zero seconds -- touchdown. This week, DJ Ware catches a pass in the endzone and controls it for .5 seconds -- no control of the pass.

Way to be consistent, NFL.

Bad call....I was lead to believe that when the ball crosses the outer plane of the goal, it is a touchdown. In this case, you had a ball that crossed the plane PRIOR TO CONTACT WITH THE SECONDARY, and then got jarred.

Great assist by Aikman and Buck to help talk the replay booth into overulling the call :TU:

Bad call....I was lead to believe that when the ball crosses the outer plane of the goal, it is a touchdown. In this case, you had a ball that crossed the plane PRIOR TO CONTACT WITH THE SECONDARY, and then got jarred.

Great assist by Aikman and Buck to help talk the replay booth into overulling the call :TU:

When the ball crosses the outer plane of the goal it is indeed a touchdown, and the contact came after that.

One of the announcers said, "It depends if they look at this in real-time or slow-motion" :puke:

-Z

OOOOOO. We still lost. Who fucking cares? I'm not even interested in bitching about that. We screwed ourselves all game: wrong routes, dropped passes--how about holding when we got it into the end zone AGAIN on the next play?

Good points.....a lousy team is can't overcome bad calls.

FANTASTIC call by the officials taking away the Ross TD! As the rules say there must be indisputable evidence to overturn a call, and clearly that receivers elbow did not hit Rolles leg despite the replay showing his elbow hit Rolles leg. Nice job NFL!

FANTASTIC call by the officials taking away the Ross TD! As the rules say there must be indisputable evidence to overturn a call, and clearly that receivers elbow did not hit Rolles leg despite the replay showing his elbow hit Rolles leg. Nice job NFL!

Another completely pathetic call. That could have been absolutely huge.

Man when I made that post I didn't expect the officials to blow 5 more calls. Pathetic.

And despite what some might say....two of them were game changing and thankfully not game losing for us. Since we have had replay...we have been told that unless the evidence is indisputable there will be no reversal. Today we saw referees doing analysis of why the plays should be overturned...not basing things on the rules and visual evidence.

The Tuck rule sucks but it's pretty cut and dried. Happens about 20 times a year. Officials always call it a fumble and it always gets over turned.

That's not on the officials. The fumble play in the 4th is another story. To me, it looked like his arm was still cocked. At the very least it was inconclusive.

The Tuck rule sucks but it's pretty cut and dried. Happens about 20 times a year. Officials always call it a fumble and it always gets over turned.

That's not on the officials. The fumble play in the 4th is another story. To me, it looked like his arm was still cocked. At the very least it was inconclusive.

Well I kinda of felt in retrospect that the refs called a shitty game but they where able to reverse shit and get it "right" with repaly

Frustrating when yiou get a call and it is overturned but that is why they have replay.

we did not win today, the jets lost.

Well I kinda of felt in retrospect that the refs called a shitty game but they where able to reverse shit and get it "right" with repaly

Frustrating when yiou get a call and it is overturned but that is why they have replay.

we did not win today, the jets lost.

jets lost because rexy is not smart enough to realize that he could've run all day on us. Yet he played right into our hands by having Sanchez throw. Sanchez clearly doesn't like to get hit. He had the yips from Q2 on.

jets lost because rexy is not smart enough to realize that he could've run all day on us. Yet he played right into our hands by having Sanchez throw. Sanchez clearly doesn't like to get hit. He had the yips from Q2 on.

I don't think that's true at all. The Giants did a great job containing the run... forcing the Jets into 3rd down situations where Sanchez (not elite) had to throw the ball... Also I think Revis got a few passes today with mugging Nicks.. not excusing Nicks' lack of physicality against him... Nicks must learn that Revis is a real "decent" CB.. even if the refs give him special treatment.

The issue I saw (twice) was the ball was clearly knocked out by the Giants. On the "tuck" rule play, the arm came forward, but came loose not as result of the throwing motion, but rather, the defender making contact with the ball. Similarly, there was another play ruled incomplete despite the defender clearly jarring the ball out of Sanchez's hand.

In all, there were at least 4 major blown calls.....this was the sort of game that makes you wonder how much mob money was on the Jets.

The issue I saw (twice) was the ball was clearly knocked out by the Giants. On the "tuck" rule play, the arm came forward, but came loose not as result of the throwing motion, but rather, the defender making contact with the ball. Similarly, there was another play ruled incomplete despite the defender clearly jarring the ball out of Sanchez's hand.

In all, there were at least 4 major blown calls.....this was the sort of game that makes you wonder how much mob money was on the Jets.

doesn't matter.

doesn't matter.

But it should matter if the QB was bringing the ball back into his body before the defender knocked the ball loose.

Like that non-fumble.

But apparently the rule is that the pass motion isn't complete until the hand is all the way back to the QB's body, which is a retarded way to phrase it because a QB with poor mechanics (::cough::Sanchez::coughcough) might not ever bring the ball all the way back to his body, rather he'll just flail around like a moron with no actual intention of thowing the ball until someone knocks the ball loose.

But it should matter if the QB was bringing the ball back into his body before the defender knocked the ball loose.

Like that non-fumble.

But apparently the rule is that the pass motion isn't complete until the hand is all the way back to the QB's body, which is a retarded way to phrase it because a QB with poor mechanics (::cough::Sanchez::coughcough) might not ever bring the ball all the way back to his body, rather he'll just flail around like a moron with no actual intention of thowing the ball until someone knocks the ball loose.

i agree.

Like that non-fumble.

I won't be surprised if the league reviews the rule and revise it to the Sanchez rule.