SportsWrath

7-9

Sephiroth

I can totally see the Giants getting knocked out next week by the Jets, and then Giants stadium is filled with Cowboys fans for their coronation.

Met Life Stadium has been the worst thing to happen to this team.

I don't know if this makes me a bad fan or not. But whatever record secures the ouster of the Coughlin regime, that's what I want to see. I don't know how Mara and Tisch can reasonably conclude that the Giants can be a better team next year under this regime. You're 0-2 this year versus Rex Grossman. If that's not a good enough reason for change, than I don't know what is. That was an embarrassment.

Shit, maybe this team should've brought back Tiki Barber... yeah, I'm saying this team might actually be better with a 36 year old running back. That's pathetic.

I honestly think the NFL should deny a playoff spot to any NFC East team. I'd like to hear what these coaches have to say after this loss. They got their asses handed to them in their own stadium by the last place team in the division... team that had only 4 wins... with one of them already on the Giants in humiliating fashion, and they allow them to stick it to us again.

Pathetic. Coughlin had the responsibility to get this team ready to play in this game and once again, he failed miserably.

And I'll tell you, this game is an example why Mario Manningham absolutely should not be retained. He may make some plays that make you smile, but he'll also totally fuck you with a mental breakdown and cost you. Like I've said, he's not that good, and never really was. But this game isn't about one player. This was a total complete meltdown by the entire team, with the exception of JPP, the one and only bright spot.

It deserves to be repeated... Pathetic.

I don't know if this makes me a bad fan or not. But whatever record secures the ouster of the Coughlin regime, that's what I want to see. I don't know how Mara and Tisch can reasonably conclude that the Giants can be a better team next year under this regime. You're 0-2 this year versus Rex Grossman. If that's not a good enough reason for change, than I don't know what is. That was an embarrassment.

Shit, maybe this team should've brought back Tiki Barber... yeah, I'm saying this team might actually be better with a 36 year old running back. That's pathetic.

I honestly think the NFL should deny a playoff spot to any NFC East team. I'd like to hear what these coaches have to say after this loss. They got their asses handed to them in their own stadium by the last place team in the division... team that had only 4 wins... with one of them already on the Giants in humiliating fashion, and they allow them to stick it to us again.

Pathetic. Coughlin had the responsibility to get this team ready to play in this game and once again, he failed miserably.

And I'll tell you, this game is an example why Mario Manningham absolutely should not be retained. He may make some plays that make you smile, but he'll also totally fuck you with a mental breakdown and cost you. Like I've said, he's not that good, and never really was. But this game isn't about one player. This was a total complete meltdown by the entire team, with the exception of JPP, the one and only bright spot.

It deserves to be repeated... Pathetic.

I couldn't agree with you more. One of the reasons why I said they'd be 7-9 before the season started (and stuck with it through the 6-2 start) is because it's the same shit every year. Start out 6-2, finish 2-6 or 3-5, lose to the Eagles or the Panthers in the first round assuming you make it. Toss in an extra loss or two cuz our guys were going to be rusty (Eli always sucks the first game or two) and voila... 7-9.

Pair that with the most boring offseason in recent memory and six DBs on injured reserve and it was a no-brainer... I said it last year and I'll say it again, we kept Coughlin a season too long. Thank God Cowher didn't sign with someone else.

I have said it before...Cheerleader is the NFL's version of Pat Riley....after a while teams stop listening to his bullshit. Plus to stretch the analogy he is just as loyal to certain coaches, players and schemes as Riley was come hell or high water. Cheerleader should be Ass't General Manager and given a corner office. I wonder is Cowher is Irish and Catholic. Cause if he is he will have a job for life with the Mara's. If he went to Notre Dame or BC...they will suck him off regular too. :jerkoff:

Losing is one thing. Sometimes you just aren't good enough. Getting bitched out at home by a division rival and this time a last place team in a critical game AGAIN shouldn't be acceptable. Games like these getting outplayed isn't bad enough. We get outwilled. What the fuck did they do this past week?

• 1 month later...

I think we all react that way because we care so much about this damn team. It's not rational, and yet, I know I'm not going to change and probably most of you guys feel that same way. A lot of stuff happened this year that was questionable where I think we, rightfully so, questioned whether or not this team was headed in the right direction. A lot of my angry moments this year came from what I perceived was ineptitude in the defensive game-planning and management. The main beef I had with Coughlin was his loyalty to coordinators. But I believe Coughlin was part of this turnaround. I have to think that as they looked at the games and reviewed what worked and what didn't, Coughlin probably put the heat on Fewell to change some things. We'll never know how intense it got in those meetings during that 4 game losing streak. I'm glad he's the coach, and I definitely would welcome Fewell back next near. He changed, the players bought in, and somehow, we ended up with another championship, and who could've seen that coming? Surreal.

In the end, this team had enough for another title, I thought that from the beginning. Hence the disappointment/anger when things started going south. Next year, I fully expect the talent will be even better, with Austin and hopefully T2 being back, maybe Aaron Ross as well, and Prince starting to fulfill his potential. I expect this defense to be even better, and now they know more of what doesn't work. I definitely don't want to see the Redskins sweep us again! So expectations will be high, and I will probably react irrationally like I did this time if things go bad. But for now, this feeling sure is sweet... I love this team.

Totally.. the team sucked at that point and we were all mad as hell... I was the first to call for Fewel's head (figuratively speaking).. .of course he changed course and righted the ship... Do I still think he should go? Not unless there's someone out there who's proven to be better... and as far as I know there isn't. We were 7-7 at one point... what fan wouldn't be livid at losing to the skins twice?

Guest StrahansGap

None of these old threads should be bumped, in my opinion. Every single sportswrathian was negative after that second loss to Washington and those who were still positive, were in denial....period. Shit, we won the fucking Super Bowl. Let's celebrate the shit and stop calling each other out.

I think we all react that way because we care so much about this damn team. It's not rational, and yet, I know I'm not going to change and probably most of you guys feel that same way. A lot of stuff happened this year that was questionable where I think we, rightfully so, questioned whether or not this team was headed in the right direction. A lot of my angry moments this year came from what I perceived was ineptitude in the defensive game-planning and management. The main beef I had with Coughlin was his loyalty to coordinators. But I believe Coughlin was part of this turnaround. I have to think that as they looked at the games and reviewed what worked and what didn't, Coughlin probably put the heat on Fewell to change some things. We'll never know how intense it got in those meetings during that 4 game losing streak. I'm glad he's the coach, and I definitely would welcome Fewell back next near. He changed, the players bought in, and somehow, we ended up with another championship, and who could've seen that coming? Surreal.

In the end, this team had enough for another title, I thought that from the beginning. Hence the disappointment/anger when things started going south. Next year, I fully expect the talent will be even better, with Austin and hopefully T2 being back, maybe Aaron Ross as well, and Prince starting to fulfill his potential. I expect this defense to be even better, and now they know more of what doesn't work. I definitely don't want to see the Redskins sweep us again! So expectations will be high, and I will probably react irrationally like I did this time if things go bad. But for now, this feeling sure is sweet... I love this team.

Yes he tightened up on Fewell and I think he went over things with Gilly in terms of game planning. Basically told Gilly there are no throwaway series to gauge the strength of the defense. You are to go about trying to score on every series. There was more man to man for Fewell and fewer Gilfuck type play calling where people scratch their heads. So he is not the Pat Riley of football after all....or he is and the Giants have not tired of him yet....:P j/k

None of these old threads should be bumped, in my opinion. Every single sportswrathian was negative after that second loss to Washington and those who were still positive, were in denial....period. Shit, we won the fucking Super Bowl. Let's celebrate the shit and stop calling each other out.

Good point...though I think its all in good fun... :laugh: