SportsWrath

If Fewell goes, who would you want to replace him?

JMFP

Anyhow, whatever puppet Cowher puts in at DC would be just fine. I personaly think Tom plans to hang it up this year, hence the one year extention. If not though, obviously the best option by far would be to bring Spags back in. Our defense instantly improves 10 fold.

Either you have a inside info regarding Eli's happiness with KG, you wouldn't know. Why isn't Eli progressing like he was during the first 3 years compare the the last three? I think you're giving KG too much credit. if he has a better Coach on the offense he MIGHT be better than he is now but of cause it's one of those "what if" kinda things. So I can't disagree with ya. All I'm saying is. With no huddle, Eli could put on the pimp glove and back hand KG across the face and bring us back from behind to win the game..

Again I'm just saying KG isnt all that great but avg and if another person comes in he won't change much but put more ideas and might be better than the BS KG is feeding us. How many times have we scratch our heads on some o these dumb plays KG calls out?? It's more than I like to remember.

WTF???? I can't even understand a word!!! That was some strong ass sake!!!!!

TC as HC

KG as OC

Spags as DC

( I think that might work !)

Nope. Despite 400+ yds of offense a game the last three games, and 20+ pts/game for all but 2 games this season, Gilbride and his play calling has to go. Despite piss-poor rushing all season and an ineffective line for most of the season. The one or two poor series/game he has is clearly holding the defense back. :rolleyes:

Nope. Despite 400+ yds of offense a game the last three games, and 20+ pts/game for all but 2 games this season, Gilbride and his play calling has to go. Despite piss-poor rushing all season and an ineffective line for most of the season. The one or two poor series/game he has is clearly holding the defense back. :rolleyes:

I'm officially lost :thumbs:

If they take the division does anyone here really think anyone will be going? And with all of the injuries this year, it's hard to believe this team is where it is.

My biggest complaint now is how Reese handled free agency, and how he let the oline disintegrate.

I really think Gilbride has improved over the last few seasons. My only quibbles with him now are his over-attachment to delayed hand-offs and screens, and the slow starts the O was having evry game (which he's seemed to adjust for recently). Even the four missed "top left fade" routes in the endzone last week were probably options made by Eli.

If they take the division does anyone here really think anyone will be going? And with all of the injuries this year, it's hard to believe this team is where it is.

My biggest complaint now is how Reese handled free agency, and how he let the oline disintegrate.

Yes... even if they win the division it's not a statement of how great the team played and more like how the division sucks... what resonates true is this team has a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball.. at least on paper.. and what comes to mind is Fox and Spags had far less talent to work with and were great... Fewel is (again) in Sheridan/Lewis territory... hands down he has to go... I can never forgive rushing 3 time and again only to give the opponent another first down... the very thought of bending over on defense gets me angry.

As far as Reese.. I can't fault him.. who knew O'Hara and Richie would suffer devistating injuries? He went out and got us the best available center in FA... granted Baas seems to be a bit of a bust... at least compared to a healthy O'Hara. And let's not forget we don't exactly have all that cap room.. thanks to the defense eating up a huge chunk.. and not producing.

Yes... even if they win the division it's not a statement of how great the team played and more like how the division sucks... what resonates true is this team has a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball.. at least on paper.. and what comes to mind is Fox and Spags had far less talent to work with and were great... Fewel is (again) in Sheridan/Lewis territory... hands down he has to go... I can never forgive rushing 3 time and again only to give the opponent another first down... the very thought of bending over on defense gets me angry.

As far as Reese.. I can't fault him.. who knew O'Hara and Richie would suffer devistating injuries? He went out and got us the best available center in FA... granted Baas seems to be a bit of a bust... at least compared to a healthy O'Hara. And let's not forget we don't exactly have all that cap room.. thanks to the defense eating up a huge chunk.. and not producing.

O'Hara was 33 last year and Subert 32. we had enough cap room to give Baas 8.3 mil signing bonus and a 2+ mil base. Baas played one year as a starting center and signed for probowl money The Baas signing is a complete and total bust. That combined with the lack of foresight in addressing the future of an aging oline punctuated with season ending injuries is bordering on a epic fail. How can you not fault Reese?

And my point about Fewell and Killdrive is that if they do infact take the division Mara and Tish will not make a change you can write that one down.

I would love to have Spags back and boot killdrive and Fewell. But I just don't see it. Maras speech after the 09 season about change amounted to what?

Fewell was the DC for the second worse defensive performance by the Giants in franchise history. Could not agree more with booting this guy.

I think saying Baas is a bust at this point is over-reactionary and premature.

Baas has been in the league since 05. His played special teams and guard up until last year. After the 09 season the 9ers gave him a one year deal, he started all 16 games at center (first year). At the end of that season they didn't even tender an offer. Dan Koppen one of the best centers (currently on the pats) in the league an 8 year vet and probowl player his base salary was 2.9 million this year Baas's salary is comparable with that. Koppen went down with an inj in october that being said the Giants paid a guy who has not proven himself a probowl salary for a position he's barley played at.

So you tell me, does it make sense to pay a guy a salary equivalent to one of the top players at that position when you are almost completely unproven at that same position?

one more analogy if you where a business owner and had an employee who was out sick more then he worked would that be a good personnel move?

Speaking as someone who regularly criticizes Gilbride, I'll be the first to admit he is the last of the Giant's problems this season.

I don't know how much of it has to do with Eli's performance; conversely, maybe Gilbirde deserves some credit for how Eli has been playing?

One thing I have noticed....and maybe this is a transitory thing......but the past few games, Jacobs is being used to his strengths, and not being asked run plays suited for Ahmad Bradshaw. Again, maybe Petrus/Boothe have something to do with that as well, but it was great watching Jacobs hit the line with a full head of steam for a change.

Speaking as someone who regularly criticizes Gilbride, I'll be the first to admit he is the last of the Giant's problems this season.

I don't know how much of it has to do with Eli's performance; conversely, maybe Gilbirde deserves some credit for how Eli has been playing?

One thing I have noticed....and maybe this is a transitory thing......but the past few games, Jacobs is being used to his strengths, and not being asked run plays suited for Ahmad Bradshaw. Again, maybe Petrus/Boothe have something to do with that as well, but it was great watching Jacobs hit the line with a full head of steam for a change.

Our red zone play calling has been nothing short of pathetic tho.

O'Hara was 33 last year and Subert 32. we had enough cap room to give Baas 8.3 mil signing bonus and a 2+ mil base. Baas played one year as a starting center and signed for probowl money The Baas signing is a complete and total bust. That combined with the lack of foresight in addressing the future of an aging oline punctuated with season ending injuries is bordering on a epic fail. How can you not fault Reese?

And my point about Fewell and Killdrive is that if they do infact take the division Mara and Tish will not make a change you can write that one down.

I would love to have Spags back and boot killdrive and Fewell. But I just don't see it. Maras speech after the 09 season about change amounted to what?

Fewell was the DC for the second worse defensive performance by the Giants in franchise history. Could not agree more with booting this guy.

I don't have great football memory like BB25, Jim, and Fish (I got a life :P)... but I don't think Reese has "neglected" the Oline.. we have had guys in the farm so to speak.. developing... Beaty? Petrus? Guy Whimper didn't pan out? And who would have thought both Richie and O'Hara would suffer career-ending injuries... for that he gets a pass.

Fewel should be shown the door.... as a matter of fact I would advocate having excellent assitant coaches who can step in should we feel the need to fire a DC or an OC midseason.. can you imagine have a stud assitant like a Spags type (when he was a LB coach in philly)...

This is simply not true. We've been over the examples many times: Will Blackmon is not up to covering Jordy Nelson but he's the best we had at that moment. J Williams did his best but asking him to cover Jermichael Finley is just asking too much of a rookie 6th round draft choice but he was the best we had. Even the back ups, guys like Coe, have been getting hurt! Tuck is a shell of himself, Osi is out more than in......Spags and Fox never had to use so many patchwork line ups.

It's like I said somewhere here - you want to kill Fewell, it's got to be for not getting enough out of the LIMITED resources he had to deal with. But PLEASE don't tell me he wasted a ton of talent. He was dealt a short hand from the beginning and it got worse from there!

Yup. This is what I was trying to say.

But I don't like your choice of replacement specially with the Ex Pitt coach. What it took him? 10years to win one??

The guy always had a top 5 defense, and nearly always made the playoffs. I think he's smart enough to realise Eli needs to be unleashed. Personaly I think he'd be a great fit in NY.

Why not? He either comes here or goes to Philly. You think Reese and Coughlin want him going to Philly? They'd fire Fewell if Spags was interested incoming back unless we win a playoff game.

There are going to be plenty of job openings and even if Fewell was gone , why would Spags come back here?. It's embarassing enough to get fired but it would look worse for him to return to where he came from. I would expect him to definitely consider Philly, if Reid was there it would be a great spot for him.

And it's not that I don't want him back, of course I would in a heartbeat.