SportsWrath

2012 WR Talk

Allstarjim

Manti Te'o...he is staying in school, I posted a video a awhile back about him being the guy I wanted. Hightower is a 3-4 guy only, and doesn't have any coverage ability and no speed and no range. Burflict from AZ St is a headcase and I think he fits better in a 3-4 as well. I see him getting a year long suspension in the NFL with the new rules. Kuechly from BC, we have no shot at at, but he would be great.

Ahh say it ain't so about Te'O. That's just a cool jersey in the making. But I agree on Kuechly. That kid was all over the place. Like a SS with a LB build body. But still we need better leadership on the field and we need to sign a proven leader from FA.

As I mention before. We don't need any WR. This is a team game and we need to address the weak spots. We have one of the best group of young WR out there.

Nicks is tearing it up(aside from getting fuck by Apollo during the skin game).

Cruz is proven to be a very good slot guy with speed and goes to the middle.

Barden aka Glass has the height and " COULD" be end zone target.

Then we have the rookie jj that dose the kick return and some other clowns.

Sucks all our LB drop like flies this season. Else we could of evaluate the talent from the fakes and make changes and room for new faces next year.

Pipe Dream alert...

I want Trent Richardson.

Other than that I see our DTs getting blown off the ball on runs and not generating any pressure on passes. I already knew Canty was overrated, but unless Linval steps his game up and becomes a force he's another wasted pick. I would love to see Kiwi actually playing his position. I can't seem to grasp the concept of playing guys out of position for years in order to plug holes that we should be filling through the draft and free agency.

The LBs look worse than they actually are due to the scheme imo. I don't see how you can run a Defense that thrives on coverage when you don't have guys that Excel in coverage. That being said they are still below average and we've needed to upgrade for years and haven't. Looking at you again Reese.

I can't comment on the secondary outside of saying "Rolle... Please STFU. Forever. Like don't ever open your mouth again. Just become a voluntary mute. The world would be a much happier place with your silence." Outside of that too many injuries and ridiculous schemes to comment.

To the WRs... I think Manningham is gone. Cruz will get better and Nicks is Nicks. I would love to see Barden step up and become a threat. Maybe we could throw him a fade into the end zone...

Anyway I'm done rambling.

I would rather spend the money on Nicks and Cruz cuz i like what little i have seen of Barden and give JJ another year to develop. If anything i would like to see a TE that could be used as a real threat like aka jimmy graham or gronk.

I don't get this SEC talk. Being from the SEC isn't necessarily an advantage. First of all, the SEC mostly sucked this year. There was what, 3 pretty good teams in that conference? You have to look at how the players play. You look at Lamar Miller and he's a factor back. Has good size and big time agility and speed. He has franchise back all over him.

Last year it was all about Mark Ingram. I didn't like him at all and posted that opinion here, that I didn't even think he was one of the top 4 or 5 running backs in the draft class. He's not a franchise back. You look at a guy like DeMarco Murray who I loved, and he was somewhere around the 5th or 6th rated RB in the class, but I guess he just wasn't as good because he didn't play in the SEC. :rolleyes:

That said, I like Richardson more than Ingram, but he is NOT the best in the class.

Pass on all those guys.

Next year we gotta sign Nicks and Cruz to BIG $$$$

I say re-sign Mario or SS for cheap or just go ahead with Barden, JJ, Hixon and or a draft pick.

Hixon may never be the same again. Its hard to come back from that type of injury, let alone twice. I love the guy, but he WAAY to injury prone. JJ is WAAAY to untested. But he could be the return man that we saw Hixon be before the injury. And Steve Smith??? Not only do I wanna kick him in the mouth, but Cruz is better.

Nicks and Cruz, definitely. Barden I think can be effective, especially in the red zone. But if none of those others are obtainable, then I say resign Manningham.

good to see you back BB01 .........( or are you only officially back in 2012 threads after this team of quitters is done? )

LOL......I probably wont be on as much, but I got over my pissed offness and wanted to see what was goin on. I guess Ill really never leave, been posting since the beginning.....but I wont be on as much. This team is making me mad though. :(

Thanks UK, good to see you too.

You know the thing with Barden, is we've been saying for him to be in the game in the redzone since he was drafted. This year, there has been no excuse for him not to have at least been given an opportunity in the redzone, but you look at the personnel down there and Bear Pascoe is split out wide. WTF?! There has to be a reason that, with the recent Manningham injury, that Barden hasn't been given more of a chance. Every time I've seen him play he's looked good. Of course, you can't always follow the receivers because the camera is following the ball, and there may be a lot I'm not seeing.

I still think JJ will be a bust, and it looks like these coaches don't trust Barden for whatever reason, and even if they did there's still tangible evidence that he's going to be a real playmaker, yet. To me, our WR group is not deep. If Manningham is not retained, and even if he is, this group is thin on talent, and thin on depth. Outside of Nicks and Cruz I can't trust any of them. And with the NFL these days, you need 3 or 4 real good receivers.

I for one would really like to see Barden succeed. I couldn't begin to guess why he isn't on the field. But I think he needs to be given an opportunity.

Agreed, Dragon. I think there might be a star in there that is just waiting to break out. It just seems like he's been somewhat in the dog house and I can't figure why.

Agreed, Dragon. I think there might be a star in there that is just waiting to break out. It just seems like he's been somewhat in the dog house and I can't figure why.

From what I remember he is bad at running routes and getting off pressure. I would think his injuries are also exacerbating these issues because he doesn't have the playing time needed to become better.