SportsWrath

Manning to Manningham is Over!

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I'm sure they'll still connect for some more great plays this year, but there is NO WAY Eli trusts him down the stretch again for the rest of this season. San Fran and now tonight, he literally and figuratively dropped the ball.

Man, I'm not saying I disagree with you and Jim about Manningham, at least for this game, but the guy has been out, scored on a busted play, and dropped one touchdown pass that probably ended up saving us the game. God forbid he come out a little rusty. There hasn't been a WR on this team that has had a flawless game, though Nicks prolly had one tonight, though he disappeared in the second half.

And personally, I think Manningham is more responsible for the broken play touchdown than most people will probably think. As soon as he saw that guy jump on the short route, he went deep and immediately threw his hands up. That's pretty heads up, IMO.

Guest StrahansGap

I dont see a problem.

Cruz has had just as many drops at this point as Super Mario.

Besdies we should think Mario, without that drop in the endzone we would of lost the game.

Eli will definitely think twice before going to Manningham again. He's too smart of a QB. He won't however, stop throwing to Cruz in the crucial spots. The Seattle flub was something any receiver could make.

Guest StrahansGap

I don't think Eli is like that.

You're right. Obviously, if MM is open, he's going to him. But if there is more than one option and MM is one, I'll bet money he goes to option 2. Just my opinion.

Eli will definitely think twice before going to Manningham again. He's too smart of a QB. He won't however, stop throwing to Cruz in the crucial spots. The Seattle flub was something any receiver could make.

I highly doubt Eli isnt going to go to the number 3 WR on his team simple because of a drop.

Plax, Cruz, Shockey, Manningham, Nicks in his first year, all dropped passes in spots sometimes spots that could of won the game. Eli still threw to them.

Seriously I dont think Eli is a grudge type of guy.

Guest StrahansGap

Cruz has 2 passes he should have caught also, he still went back to him.

I know. I'm talking about "game on the line" drops though.

This is the problem. Comparing with someone like say Rodgers - he has got a whole arsenal of WRs who make spectacular grabs (the few drops in the game against us was just an aberration) but a large percentage of Rodgers numbers this season has to be attributed to his WRs making some phenomenal catches on very ordinarily thrown balls. Eli on the other has to make sure he is constantly money all the time while playing with second rate WRs and all those drops. Brees - another example - Colston, Graham, Moore, Meachem, Sproles and what not - phenomenal!!! Hence youll always see a stat about those guys completing to 8-9-10 different people on the team. With the Giants - its make do with what you have. Nicks is the only beast. Cruz is coming into his own. But overall, this offense will on a whole new level with a couple of beasts on offense with the level that Eli is playing at right now. The defense - the less said the better - but Ill hang on to Reese's jockstrap for the rest of my life for having the vision to pick up JPP in the first round when almost everyone had a WTF look on their faces when it happened.