SportsWrath

Serious question about Victor Cruz

Sephiroth

Unbelievable year he is having... Over 1000 yards already this season. 5 games of 100 yards plus... Also 3 games of 95 yards plus...

Compair these numbers to, let's say, Ike Hillary. Who never, in the eight years he played for the Giants, had over 1000 yards in a season. And, only had a total of 7 hundred yards games...(I know, I know... Yardage wasn't his thing). I would say its pretty incredible.

Unbelievable year he is having... Over 1000 yards already this season. 5 games of 100 yards plus... Also 3 games of 95 yards plus...

Compair these numbers to, let's say, Ike Hillary. Who never, in the eight years he played for the Giants, had over 1000 yards in a season. And, only had a total of 7 hundred yards games...(I know, I know... Yardage wasn't his thing). I would say its pretty incredible.

Let. It. Go. You gotta stop talking about it. It's like "the Sopranos." It's *over*. Find a new show.

I want to know how this guy wasn't even DRAFTED.

Let. It. Go. You gotta stop talking about it. It's like "the Sopranos." It's *over*. Find a new show.

Fine... But just for the record. I disapprove of the Giants drafting Ike 7th overall.

That is all.

Really amazing he wasn't drafted. He's from UMASS which isn't exactly a football powerhouse but you have to imagine scouts were there at some point. Hell, the Jets drafted Ducasse in the second round and he isn't looking very good so far.

What are you talking about? Ike Hilliard didn't have the numbers, but he was one of the best, if not THE best receiver this franchise has ever had.

What are you talking about? Ike Hilliard didn't have the numbers, but he was one of the best, if not THE best receiver this franchise has ever had.

I wouldn't go that far. That title still belongs to Toomer for the time being. That being said Hilliard was very reliable in his time here... and that's after almost getting killed in his first 2 games on the field.

Eh, 1000 yards seasons for a receiver in a pass happy league aren't now what they used to be. Cruz is a very, very good #2. I think his performance this year has elevated him above Manningham on our roster, or at least should. Should Cruz maintain this pace, which he should barring injury, then I think he'd be a no brainer for the probowl.

I'd say that 1200-1300 yards should be the new standard while 800-900 yards should be the new standard for a RB.

Nem, why do you hate Ike so much? Jesus dude.. so the guy was not a superstar...