SportsWrath

Line looked good without Baas....Petrus did great.

JMFP

I thought both lines played significantly better this week. Petrus did well on the inside, but I'll be honest that I didn't notice if he was getting any help.

On the defensive line, Linval Joseph had a few nice plays himself getting tackles and generally getting penetration up the middle.

I hate blaming injuries for losses, so I won't go there, but I would've liked to see us full strength against the Packers full strength.

If Petrus is doing great at guard, what does that have to do with Baas? Wouldn't that reflect more on Diehl at guard?

Here's my take:

Diehl is more comfortable at LT than LG

Boothe is better than Baas

Petrus more than held down the fort at LG

I'm not going to rain on the parade but AJ Hawk and Desmond Bishop missed the game. That said, very impressed with Petrus and overall the way the line performed. Perhaps it's because we haven't been able to run for meaningful yards since I can remember but it's a big step in the right direction. We saw the difference it made with the downfield passing game using the play action.

I think McKenzie is just about done. He's had a nice career and was a big part of what the Giants have been able to do but I think it's time to find his replacement. Whether that be Brewer, someone in next years draft, or free agency.

not sure you can just plug a rookie there... I'm hoping we already have someone in the roster.

Fuck Baas.....hope Full Metal Jacket doesn't see the field for the rest of the season.

Best performance by the line in a long time.....keep it the way it is.....Boothe at center, Petrus at guard.

" I AM IN A WORLD...FULL OF .....SHIT!!!".... :laugh:

I would not touch a thing. That was probably the best game our 0-line has had this year.

But the coaches will not respect logic...remember last year when the line was doing well and they brought back an O Lineman who admitted himself that he was only at 70-80% capability at the time. :jerkoff::rolleyes::facepalm:

not sure you can just plug a rookie there... I'm hoping we already have someone in the roster.

If you had me put money on it, I would say next year's line will have Beatty at LT, Boothe at LG, Baas, Snee, and Diehl at RT. I actually think this could work. But we'll see. Brewer will have a chance to compete for that RT spot. I think Petrus will be that 6th guy and perhaps another 2nd or 3rd round pick will be a OT, to be a backup and groom as a future starter.

If you had me put money on it, I would say next year's line will have Beatty at LT, Boothe at LG, Baas, Snee, and Diehl at RT. I actually think this could work. But we'll see. Brewer will have a chance to compete for that RT spot. I think Petrus will be that 6th guy and perhaps another 2nd or 3rd round pick will be a OT, to be a backup and groom as a future starter.

Id rather have Petrus at LG and Boothe as the 6th man. Since Boothe is proven to be versatile