SportsWrath

Forget losing to the Saints

boohyah

The Saints are a good team and are going to beat a lot of teams badly, but I'm sitting here with the Hawks - Eagles game on and I'm just shaking my fucking head. How the fuck did we lose at home to both of these teams?, and the Seahawks are killing the Eagles now. The Eagles are supposed to be "still desperate". Funny how they've been made to lay 2 fucking eggs in a row.Shameful!

The Saints are a good team and are going to beat a lot of teams badly, but I'm sitting here with the Hawks - Eagles game on and I'm just shaking my fucking head. How the fuck did we lose at home to both of these teams?, and the Seahawks are killing the Eagles now. The Eagles are supposed to be "still desperate". Funny how they've been made to lay 2 fucking eggs in a row.Shameful!

Yeah, apparently the Eagles consider the Meadowlands to be their Super Bowl or something.

8-3 would look really nice right now...every year, we drop 1 or 2 gimmes. Pisses me off.

Ayup... some teams just have our number man. Also the mentality of the team especially when playing the Eagles seems to be one of "in what totally unique way are we going to give these assholes the game". Now the last game was a true ass whipping by the Eagles on a team that mostly took the slaps and became jail house bitches.

Yeah, apparently the Eagles consider the Meadowlands to be their Super Bowl or something.

8-3 would look really nice right now...every year, we drop 1 or 2 gimmes. Pisses me off.

We used to own the Hawks when they were in the AFC....when they transferred they became some kind of Giants Nemesis or something. Jesus just to have that pass to Cruz back....oh well those are the breaks man.

Yeah our DC is slightly less competent than Juan Castillo.

I would not call him incompetent Allstar....just too wedded to his Tampa 2 scheme. Which is an indication that the players he had playing that scheme previously were the reason why he won with it. Just goes to show us that the defensive genius mantle should only be bestowed on coaches who have multi-year super defenses within the same organization and/or the same across multiple teams.

Ayup... some teams just have our number man. Also the mentality of the team especially when playing the Eagles seems to be one of "in what totally unique way are we going to give these assholes the game". Now the last game was a true ass whipping by the Eagles on a team that mostly took the slaps and became jail house bitches.

I get that T, but we went down there and took care of business and that team is worse now. You saw them last night, they were brutal apart from Mccoy and Young was terrible under pressure.

I would not call him incompetent Allstar....just too wedded to his Tampa 2 scheme. Which is an indication that the players he had playing that scheme previously were the reason why he won with it. Just goes to show us that the defensive genius mantle should only be bestowed on coaches who have multi-year super defenses within the same organization and/or the same across multiple teams.

His defensive personnel in Buffalo wouldn't be called better than ours, by any stretch of the imagination. But those guys came out with fire and intensity. The Giants defense completely lacks fire and intensity....and fundamentals, sometimes, too.

His defensive personnel in Buffalo wouldn't be called better than ours, by any stretch of the imagination. But those guys came out with fire and intensity. The Giants defense completely lacks fire and intensity....and fundamentals, sometimes, too.

Yeah I agree with you...motivation can make up a lot distance talent wise. He is not a genius....a fair to middling coach. Right now though his scheme in my opinion would be a better fit if we had healthy linebackers who could cover...and a secondary that could tackle.

Yeah I agree with you...motivation can make up a lot distance talent wise. He is not a genius....a fair to middling coach. Right now though his scheme in my opinion would be a better fit if we had healthy linebackers who could cover...and a secondary that could tackle.

Agreed. And possibly, the guys just don't buy into his scheme. I'm not saying Fewell has done wonders for the defense, by any means....just that these guys come out like they don't give a shit. And yes, that means we need to change things up there. And it's easier to fire the defensive coordinator (look at Sheridan, who was WAY worse) and expect better results, but when, IMO, the defensive personnel isn't up to par, big time improvements aren't going to be made just by firing Fewell.

Personally, I'd rather see Gilbride go than Fewell....his team can't score in the first half, ever.

Agreed. And possibly, the guys just don't buy into his scheme. I'm not saying Fewell has done wonders for the defense, by any means....just that these guys come out like they don't give a shit. And yes, that means we need to change things up there. And it's easier to fire the defensive coordinator (look at Sheridan, who was WAY worse) and expect better results, but when, IMO, the defensive personnel isn't up to par, big time improvements aren't going to be made just by firing Fewell.

Personally, I'd rather see Gilbride go than Fewell....his team can't score in the first half, ever.

And doesn't Gillie script his first 15 plays or some crap.... :rolleyes: That went out with Montana's 69'ers. You adjust to what the defense is giving you.

And doesn't Gillie script his first 15 plays or some crap.... :rolleyes: That went out with Montana's 69'ers. You adjust to what the defense is giving you.

Yeah, I think he does. I'm with you on that. I guess it's used as a feeler for what the opposing defense plans to do but it seems a bit too rigid. I think other teams do it too though so perhaps there is some value in it.

I have Lynch and Mccoy on my team and they racked up over 50 points last night.

Ya, same, lol. Marshawn was a waiver wire pickup. I also have Arian Foster....he was my first pick, and I had the number 1 pick....Mccoy lasted long enough, too, hehe.

Yeah Booh....it means we are truly screwed this year. We might need...no we need a cleaning out of management and the locker room....old and stale coaches/coaching...and the jail house lawyers that infect that locker room.

There's a good chance we'll finish 9-7 IMO. I really don't rate Dallas that much better than us if even that. But there's the problem, 9-7 and 8-8 means for the most part we're flatlining the last few years, which would seem to indicate Coughlin and co have done what they can with this group. I really believe you put this crew under another coach we'd be seeing another team altogether. This is starting to look like the end of the Fassel era.

There's a good chance we'll finish 9-7 IMO. I really don't rate Dallas that much better than us if even that. But there's the problem, 9-7 and 8-8 means for the most part we're flatlining the last few years, which would seem to indicate Coughlin and co have done what they can with this group. I really believe you put this crew under another coach we'd be seeing another team altogether. This is starting to look like the end of the Fassel era.

I concur. Is there an illegitimate Harbaugh the Giants can hire? :smartass: