SportsWrath

Fewell

Lughead

LOL come on guys when was the last time anyone on Coughlin's coaching staff was fired midseason? Replaced by who if so?

The GM usually makes the call on who is fired and who stays.

So the question really is when is the last time JR ever fired a coach mid season.

No way Jerry fires anyone on Coughlin's staff in midseason. Coughlin would jump in front of it. Fewell at best would get demoted and then fired. Overall, don't see Fewell getting fired this season.

The GM usually makes the call on who is fired and who stays.

So the question really is when is the last time JR ever fired a coach mid season.

No way Jerry fires anyone on Coughlin's staff in midseason. Coughlin would jump in front of it. Fewell at best would get demoted and then fired. Overall, don't see Fewell getting fired this season.

Whens the last time you have heard or has anyone said Coughlin has jumped in front of any of the coaching staff.

If the Owners/GM want a OC/DC gone, there's nothing a coach can do about it.

Where was this attitude when we lost to the Eagles? Where was it when we lost to Seattle? Why is Fewell just now getting around to being fired up. Sounds like he caught wind of his job being in jeopardy and he's trying to save face.

As for the players still 'listening and being attentive' - that's all fine and dandy during the week. How 'bout you do something about it on the field.

Where was this attitude when we lost to the Eagles? Where was it when we lost to Seattle? Why is Fewell just now getting around to being fired up. Sounds like he caught wind of his job being in jeopardy and he's trying to save face.

As for the players still 'listening and being attentive' - that's all fine and dandy during the week. How 'bout you do something about it on the field.

I don't buy into the whoopla of "firing up" anyone... you don't have to be motivated to do your job... especially a fun job like playing in the NFL... if we stop focusing on the bells and whistles and get down to where's the beef we can see we have incompetent uncreative coordinators and a coaching staff that failed to spot breakdowns in the OL for example week in and week out... As I stated before Fewel has far more talent to work with than either Fox or Spags could dream of... he is the #1 reason our D is not living up to the billing...

I don't buy into the whoopla of "firing up" anyone... you don't have to be motivated to do your job... especially a fun job like playing in the NFL... if we stop focusing on the bells and whistles and get down to where's the beef we can see we have incompetent uncreative coordinators and a coaching staff that failed to spot breakdowns in the OL for example week in and week out... As I stated before Fewel has far more talent to work with than either Fox or Spags could dream of... he is the #1 reason our D is not living up to the billing...

I don't know man. I don't care what you do for a living and how much you like it. It can get stale at times and it's a coach's job to motivate in those times when you're just going through the motions. I like what I do, but come Monday mornings when it's cold and raining, I'd rather just hang at home and not go in. But I go. And sometimes, it's literally unproductive, just going through the motions. Other times, my supervisor will give me a project or will assign something new and it becomes something more than the mundane, day in/day out mentality.

I think our defensive coaching sucks balls on quite a few levels and that our players are too polite to say much. I think many players would be somewhat pleased if Fewell got canned. I give Fewell some credit a year to two ago when he brought 3 safeties into the game and had a different scheme. Clearly, offenses have figured that out and Fewell has not been able to come up with any other wrinkles.

I don't know man. I don't care what you do for a living and how much you like it. It can get stale at times and it's a coach's job to motivate in those times when you're just going through the motions. I like what I do, but come Monday mornings when it's cold and raining, I'd rather just hang at home and not go in. But I go. And sometimes, it's literally unproductive, just going through the motions. Other times, my supervisor will give me a project or will assign something new and it becomes something more than the mundane, day in/day out mentality.

I think our defensive coaching sucks balls on quite a few levels and that our players are too polite to say much. I think many players would be somewhat pleased if Fewell got canned. I give Fewell some credit a year to two ago when he brought 3 safeties into the game and had a different scheme. Clearly, offenses have figured that out and Fewell has not been able to come up with any other wrinkles.

Last night when I was having my nightly chat with my 12 yo nephew (talking football as usual), my wife secretly recorded me with the new iTouch I just got her... and I said exactly that... Fewel's inability to adjust or throw wrinkles here and there is astonishing.