SportsWrath

Coughlin

*SDMF*

Its the players. Sorry to burst the bubble of all the Coughlin haters. Like him or not hr's a realy, really good head coach. If there is any one coach to blame its fewell. 3 games with no "GIANT style" pressure on the QB and you refuse to only rush 4 is ridiculous. Or when you do bring a Lber or safety its not disguised or have an "on the fly" scheme that is gonna create pressure is inexcusable. If there were no dropped balls and somewhat of a running game, not to mention the injuries then id say Tom has to take most of the heat but he doesnt.

Going to have a hard time blitzing with rookie linebackers and a thin secondary. We've been playing on our heels instead of our toes since the start of the season.

Its the players. Sorry to burst the bubble of all the Coughlin haters. Like him or not hr's a realy, really good head coach. If there is any one coach to blame its fewell. 3 games with no "GIANT style" pressure on the QB and you refuse to only rush 4 is ridiculous. Or when you do bring a Lber or safety its not disguised or have an "on the fly" scheme that is gonna create pressure is inexcusable. If there were no dropped balls and somewhat of a running game, not to mention the injuries then id say Tom has to take most of the heat but he doesnt.

Going to have a hard time blitzing with rookie linebackers and a thin secondary. We've been playing on our heels instead of our toes since the start of the season.

So the rookie linebackers cant blitz, but we can keep them in coverage to get smoked?:unsure: Much easier for in experienced players to rush the qb than it is to stay in coverage.:ermm:

Have you seen our linebackers? Can't think of one that regularly got to the QB.

I'd rather have them in coverage, keeps 21 points off the board a game.

So the rookie linebackers cant blitz, but we can keep them in coverage to get smoked?:unsure: Much easier for in experienced players to rush the qb than it is to stay in coverage.:ermm:

Guest StrahansGap

Doesn't matter...if the front office perceives that the team has quit on him..he is gone.

I think the only way he is back is if they force him to fire Fewell.

I agree here. He's gone if they don't make the playoffs. It's all over the papers and all over the NY sports radio. And it's more than the perception of the front office, it's how the NFL and its fans perceive it as well. It doesn't look good when you go from a dominant, 1st place team, to a struggling team trying to find a way out of a hole. He will not recover from this if they don't make it.

Coaches are ultimately responsible for what happens on the field. There is no way you can say that Fewell is the problem, and that's not a reflection on Coughlin. Coughlin is Fewell's boss. It may not be his style, but Coughlin could've pulled Fewell aside a long time ago and told him that he wants this defense to play a more attacking style.

This won't be the first time in NFL history that a poor job by coordinator(s) cost a head coach his job.

In the same way shit flows downhill in an organization, responsibility flows uphill. If Fewell goes, Coughlin goes. And I think that's what needs to happen. Coughlin's harping, Fewell's scheme, and Gilbride's playcalling have all gone flat. I get that injuries played a huge role in our underperforming this year. And if it was simply an underperformance or a falling off due to injuries that was the issue, I think Coughlin could stay with a new DCoordinator. But the fact is, this team lacks motivation and determination. There just isn't any heart shown on the field. Yes, Rolle will talk about the level of effort as will Jacobs. But even they won't show up. There's probably varying reasons for the appearance, but at the end of the day, change is imminent and inevitable.

Coughlin has won plenty of games here and we have had many entertaining seasons as fans, albeit with a lot of them ending in disappointment. I like the guy. He tries to do things the right way and has good values but you can't continue this pattern of fast starts only to fall apart every season. There's something intrinsically wrong with either the coaching philosophy or the message to the players that right around this time every year goes flat and the struggles begin. I honestly wasn't expecting a very dominant Giant team this season. After the injuries we sustained I was taking a very cautious approach and going week to week with the team. But when you overcome a lot of the obstacles and are 6-2 at the halfway point, you raise your own expectations and the fans do too. I don't like seeing people lose their jobs so I hope they can get back on track. If they can't, yeah I feel it's time for a new approach.

Coaches are ultimately responsible for what happens on the field. There is no way you can say that Fewell is the problem, and that's not a reflection on Coughlin. Coughlin is Fewell's boss. It may not be his style, but Coughlin could've pulled Fewell aside a long time ago and told him that he wants this defense to play a more attacking style.

This won't be the first time in NFL history that a poor job by coordinator(s) cost a head coach his job.

Not just Fewell....he could pull aside Gilbride as well....like hey how about that Scott guy? I know he may lay it on the ground he is a rookie you know...but we already know what Brandon can't do......yeah and that Ramses guy....6'6"...how about a fade into the endzone every now and then.....oh by the way...let me order a fake punt, FG and/or KO every now and then...ya know that variety thing. Been watching Giants coaches since Arnsparger...so when its time for them to go its time for them to go. The only one who left before his time was The Prostitute...you guys call him the Tuna. Fassell was crucified for the same things that Cheerleader gets a pass on...so goodbye Cheerleader...kick him upstairs...give him a bigger office, salary...a nice sinecure and put someone who can make gold out of straw. :P

Coughlin is a good coach, but... and I know I've said this before... he's too married to his assistants.

When half your team is on IR by week eight for five years in a row, it's time for a new conditioning coach. Palmieri is still here. The same shit happened in Jacksonville... didn't he fucking learn then? He hasn't caught on after EIGHT years of the same shit?

When your QB consistently has a second-half slump, it's time for a new Offensive Coordinator. When that coordinator decides to have that QB throw 50 passes into 40mph winds, your decision should be a no-brainer. Gilbride is still here.

Fewell gets a pass for this year... he was better than Sheridan last year... but after this year he's gotta go, too. However, I doubt Coughlin would pull the trigger on that either... we're talking about the guy that had to be coerced to fire Hufnagle, Sheridan, and Lewis.

Unless we get into the playoffs and actually win a few games, he's gotta go. Hell, I'd take Andy Reid over him at this point.