SportsWrath

Sean Spence LB

osi724dasack

Storm just admit your wrong.

Jim said Rolle and Phillips are good and agrees with me so that's the answer.

Stop posting videos from 2010 that no Giants fan wants to watch at all.

I'll take Rolle and Phillips on my team. Your just one of those people that can't admit your wrong or your just delusional or misinformed or just don't know

Anything about football or you just play too much madden.

Just telling it like it is.

Storm just admit your wrong.

Jim said Rolle and Phillips are good and agrees with me so that's the answer.

Stop posting videos from 2010 that no Giants fan wants to watch at all.

I'll take Rolle and Phillips on my team. Your just one of those people that can't admit your wrong or your just delusional or misinformed or just don't know

Anything about football or you just play too much madden.

Just telling it like it is.

Jim has been wrong about 99% of the shit he's been saying.

They've been embarrassed all year, just like they were embarrassed all of last year, and I absolutely cannot wait until either Chad Jones completes the miracle or Tyler Sash finally gets a shot.

Like I said, the only player worth a damn in our secondary is Corey Webster. And he plays like garbage at times, as well.

Jim is like a football god how dare you

And two words CC BRown.

Ya, that's exactly right, that's what the safeties look like out there. CC Brown. Can tackle in run support but couldn't defend a pass to save their life. Or tackle a dude in the open field. Seriously, watch Phillips get bitched again. It's pretty humorous.

But Phillips and Rolle are not the problem and don't deserve as much criticism as youve been giving them

We have ass linebackers besides Boley and Wiiliams ,Ross has been mediocre at best lately, and outside of JPP nobody's getting legit pressure. It's 50% Fewell, 25% LBers, 20% lack of pass rush and 5% Ross.

Ya, let's see. I'd add Nick Collins, Michael Griffin, and Malcolm Jenkins over Rolle. So he's a top 15 safety in the league, maybe, but what I'm trying to tell you is that as of this year, he hasn't been playing like one.

Phillips wouldn't even crack my top 30.

Don't forget Rolle has been pushed into the nickle corner position most of the year, which is not his strong suit.

IMO it's hard to judge any of the secondary as most of the time they're being forced to play Fewell's flaccid "give 'em room" defense instead of playing aggressively.

Storm, I think you chose a very poor play to try and make your point. First, it's from a game last year. I think most people know that 2010 was a year in which KP still did not have that knee back to where he wanted it. I think it really affected his lateral movement, agility, and quickness. This year is much closer to what he was prior to his injury.

Even still, LeSean McCoy is the closest thing to Barry Sanders we've seen. He's probably the best RB in the NFL right now, it's just Andy Reid doesn't know it. McCoy's change of direction is so fast, for anyone to get juked by him is no indictment of anyone's play. He's going to do that to a lot of future Hall of Famers. McCoy in space is still going to make Polamalu or Reed look silly, trust me, even without a big OT running out in front of him that a safety has to negotiate.

I still contend that Phillips and Rolle are very good safeties that are playing in a conservative system that is not maximizing their playmaking ability. This defense is allowing a ton of underneath, safe completions and exploiting the linebackers inexperience in coverage. It's difficult for the safeties to make a bigger impact when they are 15 yards away from the receiver when he catches the ball. Grant is up there also in the box a lot of the time and getting schooled by just about everyone. Seriously he gave up at least 3 of those TD's Monday night.

Don't forget Rolle has been pushed into the nickle corner position most of the year, which is not his strong suit.

IMO it's hard to judge any of the secondary as most of the time they're being forced to play Fewell's flaccid "give 'em room" defense instead of playing aggressively.

Exactly. A more succinct version of what I was trying to say. Thank you, Tree (although just about everyone is more succinct than me.) :D

Ya, let's see. I'd add Nick Collins, Michael Griffin, and Malcolm Jenkins over Rolle. So he's a top 15 safety in the league, maybe, but what I'm trying to tell you is that as of this year, he hasn't been playing like one.

Phillips wouldn't even crack my top 30.

Man you forgot Dashon Goldson,Morgan Burnett, Reggie Nelson.

I'm glad you found one, Storm. Feel better?

Well, it's hard to find specific plays in which dudes screw up on youtube....unless you watch every game 3 times.... :smartass:

I thought of two in which one of them specifically got punked...there was another one early in the year, but I forgot which running back it was, but they caught the ball and ran, essentially untouched for a long touchdown because KP took the worst angle in football history....I'll try to find it....