SportsWrath

Sean Spence LB

osi724dasack

And Tuck inexplicably not being held out of games is not on Tuck and is a testament to Tuck's toughness. That's on the coaches and an organization that historically keeps injured players on he field with the silly idea that a hurt starter is better than a healthy backup.

And besides, he got some solid pressure a couple times last night.

I don't see any teams throwing it over the top of our Safety's. There's a reason for that. Fewell is at fault for the Defense collectively sucking. Rolle

And Phillips are not the problem and are part of the solution.

Ya, guys just run around them because they are slow as balls. And teams are dominating our pass defense. How is that not, in part, on Rolle and Phillips? Those long plays down the middle of the field aren't on the two safeties? The whole secondary is awful. Webster is playing the best out of all of them and even he is playing terrible. Don't even tell me he's not.

I'm merely spreading the blame around to where it belongs. The entire defense, from the personnel to Fewell is responsible for the letdown. The only one playing what I would consider to be good, even great, football is JPP. Amukamara has some fire, at least. He would be starting over Aaron Ross on my football team.

And seriously, how many times do you watch Umenyiora, and this was before his sprained ankle, half ass it after a running back before you consider benching his ass?

And the offense, especially the offensive line, is doing no better.

Ok I couldn't even read everything you said cuz I'm that astonished at your jaundice opinions about the Giants.

Ok, you realize they gave up 49 points last night, correct? You realize the defense does not play well, right? They really haven't played that well all season. You need to accept the fact that the Saints offense dominated the Giants defense. Fewell tried many different things. NOTHING WORKED. So, you can either accept the fact that the defense, as a whole, is not good, and start to question some of the "talent" that's out there or you can keep fooling yourself until, come playoff time we either lose our final game to miss out on the playoffs or make the playoffs and get routed again by a football team that is actually good.

LBers and scheme are the main reasons that guys get open in the middle of the field. KP plays centerfield and they got Rolle playing CB

No, I mean like, deep down the field....like 20 yard ins that happened probably 5 or 6 times last night where the receiver becomes the responsibility of the safety in a Tampa 2....

That's not Rolle and Phillips fault lol

No pass rush will kill any D especially at NO with Brees calling the shots.

You're right, it's not two players who are underperforming fault at all. :rolleyes:

But since I didn't even claim that to be the case, just that players from the U haven't worked out for us at all, I don't know why you want to infer that from what I've said. I told you, though, they deserve criticism for some poor play over the season. But hey, if you want to avoid criticizing your old man and bro, I can understand that.

But when teams can just drop the ball to a tight end or back coming out of the backfield, and he runs all over the field on us and no one can tackle or even catch up with the guy, there is a lot of blame to spread around. LBers and safeties....CBs....shit when JPP is making tackles in the secondary on a consistent basis, something is seriously fucked up dude.

I don't see any teams throwing it over the top of our Safety's. There's a reason for that. Fewell is at fault for the Defense collectively sucking. Rolle

And Phillips are not the problem and are part of the solution.

Rolle I agree on, but I've been saying this a while now Kenny Phillips is nowhere to be seen in general this year for all the hype. He has an interception that fell into his arms and 2 vicious late hits on tight ends where the pass was over their head. He make mistakes on coverage nearly every game. Perhaps it's a scheme thing, but he's poor.

I hope Amukamara turns out to be a stud. Maybe Austin becomes a really good player too. No one on defense deserves a pass right now though with maybe the exception of Pierre-Paul. I think there is talent here but whether the schemes put together by Fewell are bad or not, it comes to a point where you need to just outplay the guy across from you and make something happen.

^^

Sounds like you might wanna take a look at Donta Hightower from Alabama 6-3 250 SEC tested. He's in the 4.5-4.6 range in speed. Probly won't have a sniff at him though.

That's what I want. I want a linebacker that can hit like Harry Carson. I don't know if they make them like that anymore, but I'll sacrifice blazing speed for a guy that makes running inside a joke.

^^

Sounds like you might wanna take a look at Donta Hightower from Alabama 6-3 250 SEC tested. He's in the 4.5-4.6 range in speed. Probly won't have a sniff at him though.

I want Manti Te'o from Notre Dame or Luke Kuechly from BC. Hightower is more of a 3-4 ILB, same thing with Burflict. Burflict is also a major headcase. Then I hope we go guard in round two, TE in round three and we find a steal at RB in round 4. Isiah Pead from Cinncy might last till round 4, he would be awesome.

Manti Te'o. Fucking beast, oh yeah a one man show for ND's otherwise awful D. He leads ND in Tackles,Tackles for loss and Sack. Finalist for the Lott and Butkus. We won't draft him though. Fast forward to the video to one minute to get to the football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK20TaJ7Ixs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09U3Mn3P6eU

But when teams can just drop the ball to a tight end or back coming out of the backfield, and he runs all over the field on us and no one can tackle or even catch up with the guy, there is a lot of blame to spread around. LBers and safeties....CBs....shit when JPP is making tackles in the secondary on a consistent basis, something is seriously fucked up dude.

The outside backers and the safeties are to blame for a RB and/or TE running wild with swing passes and/or seam passes. They play like a couple of college safeties in the SEC where you have option passers and a bunch of solid running style offenses.

Any player should be evaluated based on his own merit, production, and game tape. Not on the university they attended. But if someone did decide to draft based on the university, (a ridiculous premise), they probably are doing pretty damn well if they picked Miami. 45 NFL players have come from the U, a crazy number. That's more than USC (42). Besides the aforementioned Beason, Lewis, Phillips, and Rolle, check out these other names:

Frank Gore

Reggie Wayne

Calais Campbell

Orlando Franklin

Devin Hester

Jimmy Graham

Kelly Jennings

Andre Johnson

Willis McGahee

Rocky McIntosh

Bryant McKinnie

Brandon Meriweather

Santana Moss

Greg Olsen

Ed Reed

Sam Shields

Jeremy Shockey

Jonathan Vilma

Vince Wilfork

D.J. Williams

Kellen Winslow

Eric Winston

And I left off a lot of other names that are productive NFL players.

Most Universities don't produce as many NFL players as Miami produces Pro Bowlers. I mean, there are 4 likely Hall of Famers on that list (Wilfork, Johnson, Wayne, and Reed). A couple more could be Hall of Famers before it's all said and done, guys like Jimmy Graham and Devin Hester.

So yeah, I think a guy who is considered a stud player... being from Miami certainly isn't a ding on him, it's more likely an asset.

But yeah, I'll take Rolle and Phillips any day. They are balling out. But they can't hide the deficiencies of other players on the defense like Deon Grant and the linebackers. And Aaron Ross the last couple weeks has been very average to put it kindly. Every time I do a re-watch I look at plays that in the box score show up as merely a tackle, but on tape make you say wow. A lot of them come from Rolle. JPP has the most wow moments, though.