SportsWrath

Pats Secondary is that bad

It says we suck and then again we don't. I think its a case that we have New England's number...and Philadelphia has ours.

This is why I think the Giants have a shot tomorrow....just need Gilbride to get things rolling again and I think our defense can slow down Brees just enough to maybe sneak out another wild 4th quarter win.

I'm hopeful that Coughlin, as the head coach of this team, can heavily influence what both Fewell and Gilbride plan tonight.

We have perhaps the best pass rush in the NFL, and 3 good man-coverage guys in Webster, Ross, and Prince (although he is still a rookie, so calling him NFL-good is a big stretch for me right now).

Rolle and Phillips are very sound at safety, and while Deon Grant might be on the downside of his career, he's a smart player.

In short, this is not type of defense that should be laying back and hoping an All-Pro like Brees will just make mistakes. This is the sort of defense that needs to get after people and then live with the results.

I'm bracing myself for an ass-kicking. But I think if the defense goes in there with the same swagger they displayed in Foxboro, they've got a shot......but only if Eli Manning has a great game, too.

Anything short of their best game of the season will likely be a defeat tonight.

I'm hopeful that Coughlin, as the head coach of this team, can heavily influence what both Fewell and Gilbride plan tonight.

We have perhaps the best pass rush in the NFL, and 3 good man-coverage guys in Webster, Ross, and Prince (although he is still a rookie, so calling him NFL-good is a big stretch for me right now).

Rolle and Phillips are very sound at safety, and while Deon Grant might be on the downside of his career, he's a smart player.

In short, this is not type of defense that should be laying back and hoping an All-Pro like Brees will just make mistakes. This is the sort of defense that needs to get after people and then live with the results.

Agreed.

Brees doesn't make many mistakes at home. I'd rather see some aggressiveness and attempts to make big plays rather than the death by a thousand paper cuts we have seen from the defense at times this season.